What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Well that was a shitty arvo with the porsche. Was going to enjoy some time with it in the country...

that didn't happen.

Noticed a fuel smell at the bottom of the driveway, stopped, got out and saw it had pissed its pants and we were sitting in a big puddle of fuel. Rolled the porsche out of the puddle and got it on stands.. took the cross member shield plate off and all looked fine. Then ticked it over and the hose from the fuel pump to the main fuel line turned into a full-on sprinkler. Then drained the tank (that was a pain putting 50L into containers!).. cracked pipe out and will find a replacement tomorrow.

The joy of classics.

I installed one of these!  I could not bring myself to spend a $1000 on a Wevo, so at the suggestion of a reputable Porsche racer I purchased the much cheaper Seine Gate Shift.

The Seine has been covered many times before on the various forums so I won't get into it, only to say It works very well and i'd highly recommend this upgrade to anybody with a 915.  

IMG_1223.JPG

I installed one of these!  I could not bring myself to spend a $1000 on a Wevo, so at the suggestion of a reputable Porsche racer I purchased the much cheaper Seine Gate Shift.

The Seine has been covered many times before on the various forums so I won't get into it, only to say It works very well and i'd highly recommend this upgrade to anybody with a 915.  

IMG_1223.JPG

That gearbox of yours has consumed some serious hours!

Fuel hose issues turned into fuel pump issues and a beautiful moment where my favourite car came to help..

hYJZFB5h.jpg

Porsche is alive again.. who knew the black wire from the car goes to positive on the pump! Multimeter did its job. Fuse for the pump blew also.

Edited by Al

Had a spare hour last night before dinner so finally got round to fitting a new cylinder head temperature sender. The plastic connector that goes into the loom had crumbled and it was taped together. Read a great tip on Pelican that showed how to do this without the special tool and it really was easy. The added benefit is that you can no longer get the single wire, unearthed version, so now I have the more reliable twin wire part.

Fuel hose issues turned into fuel pump issues and a beautiful moment where my favourite car came to help..

hYJZFB5h.jpg

Porsche is alive again.. who knew the black wire from the car goes to positive on the pump! Multimeter did its job. Fuse for the pump blew also.

Well F$%k me, a Volvo towing a Porsche, only in Tasmania.:(

Well F$%k me, a Volvo towing a Porsche, only in Tasmania.:(

Yes my rock solid reliable B20E engine was there to save the day.

Have some respect. There's only a handful 145's left in the country (No lie). This is the last 'wattle' coloured 145 left in the world. Very German actually.. even the dash clock is stamped 'Made in Germany'.

"These engines are reputed to be very durable. The world's highest mileage car,[1] a 1966 Volvo P1800, has run all its more than 4,000,000 km (2,500,000 mi) on its original B18 engine.[2][3]

Despite their OHV pushrod design, the engines can rev to 6,500 rpm."

Edited by Al

And a bit more..

"The cylinder block was of special alloy cast iron, cast as a single piece. The 84.1mm bores were surrounded by cooling jackets machined directly into the block. Attached directly to the right side of the block was a full-flow oil filter. The cylinder head also was of cast iron, and provided separate intake and exhaust ports. Road & Track enthused that its design "would do justice to a racing engine." Steel valves with chromed heads rode in replaceable guides, actuated by pushrods and rocker arms. The camshaft was mounted in the block, gear driven off the crankshaft. The camshaft's gear was made of fiber, for quiet operation. The drop-forged steel crankshaft featured ground and case-hardened bearing journals, and was connected to the alloy pistons by drop-forged connecting rods. Each piston featured two compression rings and one oil scraper ring."

Re-indexed the rear torsion bars for some extra low.
Now looking at 62mm rear and 64mm front from the ground to the tops of the gaurds.
Rear left scrubs, right doesnt funny enough, found out because the rear right has the lip slightly rolled already.
For the record these are 255/45/R17 on a 9 + 05 wheel.
Set the toe and camber to what it was previous, so will still need an alignment now, but its a start. 

uc?export=download&id=0B8XaYKnAHvhaTFBsMuc?export=download&id=0B8XaYKnAHvhaZVZza
uc?export=download&id=0B8XaYKnAHvhad2ZsU

Edited by BlitzKonig