Spotted Thread

1 hour ago, hugh said:

I've also got a set of Sea Suckers I can use as an alternative so anytime! I was tempted to take the CS up to Buller over the Xmas break but aborted at the last min due to wet weather. Note not the rain on car being the issue but rather muddy gear and bikes! 

It is great to be able to combine the two, makes for a great day all round. We need to get a PFA MTB group together.............^_^

Yes, yes and yes...would love to see the CS...particularly with a Yeti on the roof!

Went to Buller a couple of times in the last month, one of them combined with a camping trip on the King River so 2 x that amazing stretch of road between Mansfield and Whitfield.

I'm keen for an MTB this weekend, so if you or any others are keen send me a PM.

1 hour ago, DT said:

Yes, yes and yes...would love to see the CS...particularly with a Yeti on the roof!

Went to Buller a couple of times in the last month, one of them combined with a camping trip on the King River so 2 x that amazing stretch of road between Mansfield and Whitfield.

I'm keen for an MTB this weekend, so if you or any others are keen send me a PM.

I'm way to unfit to go for a bike ride, plus i dont own one. But I would be keen on coffee sort of thing if you guys ever wanted to do something around that side of town. 

In Radelaide so dropped int Buiks for a quick look nice GT4 sitting in the drive.

had a look at the blue 911 SC they had for sale, well prepared tarmac rally car.

Fantastic friendly guys happy for a chat and I got a look through the workshop, some amazing machinery they are working on at the moment with a couple of iroc builds etc. They had just rolled in a 991.2 2018 cup car that they were preping for the owner ?

i can see why @LeeM is a regular visitor ?

2 minutes ago, Tips said:

In Radelaide so dropped int Buiks for a quick look nice GT4 sitting in the drive.

had a look at the blue 911 SC they had for sale, well prepared tarmac rally car.

Fantastic friendly guys happy for a chat and I got a look through the workshop, some amazing machinery they are working on at the moment with a couple of iroc builds etc. They had just rolled in a 991.2 2018 cup car that they were preping for the owner ?

Buiks is a nice place and always seems to have a good collection of unadvertised cars for sale.

Isn't that a 987?  In which case I didn't think there was a 987 GT4.

@D2000It could well be just a clone as it was debadged but with a GT4 wing (and not a model I know well) and I was not lingering as its 38 degrees here today ?. We actually had a chat about your C4 as I remember it being there and seeing it on the wolombi run last year. There were about 4 cars in the back that were coming on the market shortly but none were going to be advertised as I think they prefer the word of mouth by enthusiast sales method. It seems to work.

25 minutes ago, Tips said:

Unfortunately its not a GT4 nor is it a Lambo? (plate reference) 

8 minutes ago, nbauto said:

For you boys that go to buller @DT  @hugh have you ever timed yourself going up the hill when no one is around in summer?

Short answer is no. Very rarely have I had a completely clear run up although I have had a few occasions where there has been limited traffic.  

2 hours ago, Tips said:

Just a shame Craig is a bit of a dick ?

Nah, he's a good lad that one, so are the other guys there. Glad you got to meet them. I've banned myself from the shop till I can actually spend some cash, as I'm pretty sure I waste too much of Craigs time chatting and dribbling over the cup cars. I was told there is a Turbo Cayman with a wing like that, so it might be this car. Crazy fast too apparently

The cup car is probably either Sam Shahin or Michael Almond's I'd say, though they look after a couple of other cars I think. Maybe Alex Davidon's? The Adelaide 500 is only a month away, so they'll be busy

Lee I felt the same after a lengthy chat and when we hit the sales floor again there was 3 people waiting but craig didn't seemed fussed. There was no rush over the chat and work shop tour so when I come to spend will probably always see what they have on the books. Have to love Adelaide for its people focus.

On ‎5‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 8:42 PM, Andy73 said:

Saw a white 991 GT3 rocking blue an red stripes with Heuer livery on the bonnet in the melbourne CBD today. Im not about big graphics but it looked pretty cool. 

That would be Bernard from Monards - I had a ride around Sandown in it - an awesome machine.

On 08/02/2018 at 10:59 AM, DT said:

Sounds like a recipe for disaster...best left to a closed road event.

25 minutes ago, 9fan said:

@hugh  Doesn't do those sort of things - very controlled approach to regulations and driving both on road and track.

Thanks Mark! ;)

On 05/02/2018 at 3:35 PM, hugh said:

It is great to be able to combine the two, makes for a great day all round. We need to get a PFA MTB group together.............^_^

I was tempted to ask my mate to take my bike to baw baw for me last weekend so i could drive up in the 911. Figured doing so would be bringing myself a world of ridicule from the DH fraternity though!