FS: 996 C4S Manual Coupe

Hi All

I'm looking to move my exceptional AU delivered 2003 996 Lapis Blue C4S, currently just over 62,586 kilometers.  If you can't get into a Turbo or GT car, then the C4S is the one to own.  This particular car ticks boxes, low kms, not black or silver (😜), coupe, 6 speed manual, extended Metropole leather, FSH/receipts and owner details. Paint protection film since new - the car is just about spotless.  And yes, it has the IMS Solution fitted...

It received its 60k major service from Porsche Willoughby in 2018.  I replaced all coil-packs 1000kms ago, and it has just had a minor service and check over at Autowerks performed last month - I also had them replace the original water pump and a full coolant flush (happy for you to call Ryan at Autowerks).  There is nothing to do but enjoy.

I can provide any info or photos you'd like (just PM me), but taking a lazy approach, the ad from the car's 2018 sale from CTS to the owner previous to me is still on the web https://classicthrottleshop.com/2003-porsche-911-996-carrera-4s-lapis-blau/    Only the kilometers is different.  It really is in superb nick.

I'm at $129,000. NSW Rego to November 2023.  Car is located at Port Macquarie NSW

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2003/sse-ad-13724731/

Cheers, John.

C4S.thumb.jpg.d79b4afd7d4d48476e9c4036bce6eabb.jpg

Might look at using Carsales next week 😕  I appreciate things are a bit slow or in limbo with interest rates yadda yadda - if anyone on here is genuinely interested shoot me a PM as I'm happy to talk shit with members here before whatever crawls out of the internet if I put it on CS.

I took the time to go through the available cars on Car Sales and other places, there's no doubt to my mind the pace/price/FOMO has dropped away - and those cars sitting at $145k are probably going to sit there a while.  I'll probably crank up a Car Sales ad this weekend, but one last mention here.  It's a primo 996 C4S and the buyer won't be wasting their time or be disappointed.

Also I'm not the sort of seller that gets my knickers in a knot and am not too easily insulted - so if anyone has some tyre-kicking feedback/advice on moving this sort of a car in the current market please feel free to chime in.

B17B5770-70DA-4BD8-B982-12A754667FA7_1_201_a.jpeg

Hi @Fishcop,

Love your 4S, sexy car. I agree with you on current market, but I don't feel you need to be far off the current asking. Of the few for sale, they have all only listed in recent several weeks, but worth mentioning this listing in case you hadn't seen it:

Check out this 2003 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 996 Manual AWD MY04.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my04/OAG-AD-21059537

It was listed atound the same time as current cars for sale asking $129,900 with 116,000kms and sold. 

2 hours ago, luzzo said:

Hi @Fishcop,

Love your 4S, sexy car. I agree with you on current market, but I don't feel you need to be far off the current asking. Of the few for sale, they have all only listed in recent several weeks, but worth mentioning this listing in case you hadn't seen it:

Check out this 2003 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S 996 Manual AWD MY04.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my04/OAG-AD-21059537

It was listed atound the same time as current cars for sale asking $129,900 with 116,000kms and sold. 

I did see that one - like all these sales I'd love to know the actual price paid in the end.  The current cars also seem to be sitting at dealers who naturally have the time and inclination to sit on a higher price - I'm happy to meet the market without too much jostling :)  I suspect many prospective buyers are still just holding to see where interest rates end up.

5 hours ago, Fishcop said:

I did see that one - like all these sales I'd love to know the actual price paid in the end.  The current cars also seem to be sitting at dealers who naturally have the time and inclination to sit on a higher price - I'm happy to meet the market without too much jostling :)  I suspect many prospective buyers are still just holding to see where interest rates end up.

Might I suggest getting it up on Carsales sooner rather than later ..

I know your reluctance to do so and to have to deal with ??? but if yours isn't there to choose from, it'd be heartbreaking to miss a sale by a couple of hours because no one knew it was available ..

Just a thought .. GLWS!

3 hours ago, G5032 said:

whats the point of calling CTS or Autohaus? to get a lowball offer or sense check what the asking price should be? 

Investigate putting the car on consignment.  Having previously sold two 911's successfully by consignment I'd suggest it's worth a phone call.

6 hours ago, G5032 said:

whats the point of calling CTS or Autohaus? to get a lowball offer or sense check what the asking price should be? 

I have spoken with CTS and it is a legitimate option for me.  I'm comfortable I know roughly the market value, but finding the time and enduring the "hassle" of selling myself has me pondering the value in using a consignment arrangement particularly if they are able to get the current market price - the hit I'd take may be worth it all thinks being equal . 

The car is with me in Port Macquarie which ads a layer of nuisance for both myself and a buyer - there are flights here everyday, but nowhere to take the car for a PPI should a buyer want that.  I know once the car is in Sydney it'll be seen and move very quickly.

I'm still prevaricating (and not entirely sure I want/need to sell now :D )

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided not to stick the car on the open market for the time being - I'll leave this 'advertisement' here in the forum and see if simple word of mouth travels far enough.  I like having the car in the garage :)  I've really appreciated the contact and advice from people on here.

• 2 months later...

New Year resolutions, time to do some tidying, I was hoping members/enthusiasts might have been keen, but out to the wolves I go :)

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-carrera-4s-996-manual-awd-my04/SSE-AD-13724731?pageSource=details&id=SSE-AD-13724731

On 10/01/2023 at 06:05, sjm said:

Love the colour, interested in following as my 997 is on CS. Cars like mine aren’t moving at the moment. GLWS as anyone looking for a 996 4S would be hard pressed to find better by all accounts. 

Clearly a tough market right now...  I'm fortunate in so far as I'm not gagging to sell; but I'd love to find it an owner who has more time for it.  I'm happy to listen to offers.