Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

10 minutes ago, Yeatesy said:

3 years and still sitting , That strategy seems to be working , That's not the blue joby Shannon's  tried action off with the wovr ticket on it  , 3 years memory starting to fade ;)

48 minutes ago, Peter M said:

Not everyday you see a 993 with over 300,000km on the clock.

For auction on Collecting Cars:  1996 PORSCHE 911 (993) CARRERA - MANUAL (collectingcars.com)

Am I the only one who likes reading engine rebuild invoices of others? 

Fairly tidy looking ole girl 👍

1 hour ago, Peter M said:

Not everyday you see a 993 with over 300,000km on the clock.

For auction on Collecting Cars:  1996 PORSCHE 911 (993) CARRERA - MANUAL (collectingcars.com)

Am I the only one who likes reading engine rebuild invoices of others? 

That would make an amazing daily driver. 'Just say No' to garage queens :D 

On 07/03/2023 at 20:09, WGA said:

Same car as on Carsales. https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2022-porsche-911-carrera-gts-992-auto-my23/SSE-AD-13893128/?Cr=1

Listed for $430K ex taxes. Why the owner would also put it on collecting cars is beyond me. Not really the place for that car.

Looks like it sold for $425k including $12k buyers premium. Pretty good outcome for the seller. 

Someone needs to buy this and daily drive it to push it over 500k kms:

https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/1996-porsche-911-993-carrera-9

45 minutes ago, tomk86 said:

Looks like it sold for $425k including $12k buyers premium. Pretty good outcome for the seller. 

100% - shocked it went that high.

13 hours ago, sleazius said:

100% - shocked it went that high.

I am biased of course but guys who have these cars report  they waited 18-24 months to get one.  If you can get one.  There are also far less on market than GT3s and at circa 200k less.  So if you want a quick  992, I can see a buyer making the case for a low to mid 400k buy. 

They get very good reviews from all the usual suspects as being more palatable than GT3 if track is not on your radar.  

I’ve been mighty impressed with mine.   

It’s also worth noting, while base price would have been low to mid 3s, that's circa $400k on road in Vic.  Throw in some services and tyres along the way and he’s probably recovered costs in full but not a lot more (I assume seller gets $425k less $12k buyer's premium = $413k?).   In my book, a very good outcome is to drive a fancy car for a while and effectively  incur net zero cost of ownership.  But it’s hardly a profitable venture.

1 hour ago, DJM said:

I am biased of course but guys who have these cars report  they waited 18-24 months to get one.  If you can get one.  There are also far less on market than GT3s and at circa 200k less.  So if you want a quick  992, I can see a buyer making the case for a low to mid 400k buy. 

They get very good reviews from all the usual suspects as being more palatable than GT3 if track is not on your radar.  

I’ve been mighty impressed with mine.   

It’s also worth noting, while base price would have been low to mid 3s, that's circa $400k on road in Vic.  Throw in some services and tyres along the way and he’s probably recovered costs in full but not a lot more (I assume seller gets $425k less $12k buyer's premium = $413k?).   In my book, a very good outcome is to drive a fancy car for a while and effectively  incur net zero cost of ownership.  But it’s hardly a profitable venture.

I take your point. GT3 pricing leaves a lot of room for these. Just thought the wing was a negative is all.

I believe the seller pays nothing. At least that is what it was last time I bought a car that was through the platform. The winning bid is plus the fee which has increased from what it was originally. The max was 5% or $10k before, still cheap compared to most other auction formats.

2 hours ago, sleazius said:

I take your point. GT3 pricing leaves a lot of room for these. Just thought the wing was a negative is all.

I believe the seller pays nothing. At least that is what it was last time I bought a car that was through the platform. The winning bid is plus the fee which has increased from what it was originally. The max was 5% or $10k before, still cheap compared to most other auction formats.

Certainly a unique spec 

post above said 425k including buyers premium so I took that to mean 413k to the seller 🤷‍♂️

Either way it’s not sheepstations 

1 hour ago, DM911 said:

Way over priced, IMHO. These cars were high $300K exc gov charges. My 2019 GT3 RS was $450K exc gov charges. I reckon they are dreamin'

2 hours ago, DM911 said:

That’s about a 50% jump from when I bought a 991.2 GT3 CS with 4000km in 2021.

I assume Owners are assuming they can ride  the coat tails of 992s asking 6s

i suspect they will all fail to sell. But stranger things have happened 🤷‍♂️

Same, I purchased my manual for 320k and  had it let go around the same price after owning it for 8 months. Keen to get back into 991.2 manual again,  but definitely not at this crazy price.! Not in a rush this time and definitely not paying these people crazy money what they are asking.! 😏

28 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

I paid $290,000 beginning of Covid . Mine had 5000 km and well optioned and that was from Duttons 

Yep that was the trough, you beat me by $1k.  I sold $320k to Porsche, they listed $350k and sold it and it reappeared later at $380k and sold again.

66F721DF-0440-44BA-AC73-C03437972B52.jpeg