Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Some people find the older cars interesting and that's why we discuss them on the "what's for sale (in Australia) and interesting thread" - I guess that's why some people pay more money for them. Just a guess though.

Hi there Hugh, well put.

Don't get me wrong - I am this person loving older cars too- witness my daily driver is a '94 Aus delivered factory 2+2 968CS.....a fantastic car, & my 2nd CS having owned an M030 previously.

964 - 414 sold 1989-1993 250bhp 5 spd

968CS - 60 sold 1993-1995 240bhp 6 spd

they'll have their day eventually. Don't care, love being in it.

. It's going to suck if there's ever a time where people are reluctant to drive their air cooled cars due to value.

In my opinion, this is happening already with the pre 74 cars.  I also know of several 901's and early Carreras that have been withdrawn from historic racing due to value concerns.

I run an aussie 69E in group S and in the last few years the typical pit conversation from spectators has gone from "cool car" to "I can't belive you risk that on the track". 

There's no doubt that a 996/997 is a much superior 'car' to the 964. It's going to suck if there's ever a time where people are reluctant to drive their air cooled cars due to value.

It's already happening Russ. 

I'm certain there are many among us who are reluctant to put the kms on them because of the concern of reducing the value.

Well, it's a Porsche and to really enjoy, it must be driven.

If I sell the 993 one day it will certainly have a wealth of kms on the dial, but it would have delivered a heap of smiles.

Appears that Amazon Green 964 C2 may have sold -

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1991-Porsche-964-C2-Manual-/321486838244?pt=AU_Cars&hash=item4ada1bd9e4&_uhb=1

Its carsales.com.au listing has also disappeared.

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1991/AGC-AD-16410176/

Although still showing on the dealer website -

http://www.alexhollandclassiccars.com/index.php/cars/classic-cars

http://www.alexhollandclassiccars.com/1991-porsche-964-c2-manual/

The again, it may pop up in 2 weeks time for $90K at Autohaus...

:P

Anyone else thinking about a 996 as a daily driver? I'm interested to play around ECU and CANBUS stuff and it'd be the perfect platform and if they keep going the way they're going it'll be a pretty cheap entrance fee - I wonder if they'll ever appreciate like the air cooled stuff eventually?

Appreciate - hmmm I don't think so. Although some variants might end up worth more than others perhaps?  It'll depend on how they hold up I suppose and what happens to the air cooled prices.. if AC keep going up like they are, they might take some of the 996s with them as more people want a 911 but can't afford an AC one?

Thoughts?

and I'm going to stop living in my house so it doesn't devalue...  :ph34r:

As interesting as it can be, they are all just hypothetical numbers unless you actually transact, even then... it all means nothing when you are 6ft under and worm food. 

We might just taste better to the worms if we actually enjoy our cars, kind of like a tasmanian free range grass-fed beef cattle does.  :blink:

and I'm going to stop living in my house so it doesn't devalue... :ph34r:

As interesting as it can be, they are all just hypothetical numbers unless you actually transact, even then... it all means nothing when you are 6ft under and worm food.

We might just taste better to the worms if we actually enjoy our cars, kind of like a tasmanian free range grass-fed beef cattle does. :blink:

You make a good point. I'm sure they start salivating when a Porsche owners gets buried, "They died happy, trust me it adds to the flavour!"

Silver on black 993 TT at CTS:  http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/modernclassic14.html

$150k for a car with 122,000km on the clock . . . makes the WA car look like good value if you're a fan of a blue interior.

Wonder what's the story with the drill holes on the VIN plate and build date plate?

20porsche993turboarctic_zps3bcffa7c.jpg21porsche993turboarctic_zpsdb85b84f.jpg