Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Agree, thats seriously lot of car for the money, dump the side signage & you're in business. 

on one of the american forums they are talking about how the base 991 is starting to fall below well specced 997.2s.  I wonder if we'll see the same here.

on one of the american forums they are talking about how the base 991 is starting to fall below well specced 997.2s.  I wonder if we'll see the same here.

I had a new 991 3.4ltr & it was dissapointing in the power stakes so i sold it & bought the S, they are like chalk & cheese. If you're thinking of buying a 991 3.4ltr DON'T. I would take a 997.2 3.6ltr over the 991 3.4 any day, S is a different story though.

3 1/2 years old, 42,000ks, 1,000ks a month, 230ks a week, 32ks a day not sure thats a lot for  P cars that should be good for 200,000ks without a hiccup if serviced. Still a lot of car for the money. These things dont run in properly until about 6,000ks from my experience.

Edited by GC9911

3 1/2 years old, 42,000ks, 1,000ks a month, 230ks a week, 32ks a day not sure thats a lot for  P cars that should be good for 200,000ks without a hiccup if serviced. Still a lot of car for the money. These things dont run in properly until about 6,000ks from my experience.

maybe read the last couple of pages and you'll understand....

I had a new 991 3.4ltr & it was dissapointing in the power stakes so i sold it & bought the S, they are like chalk & cheese. If you're thinking of buying a 991 3.4ltr DON'T. I would take a 997.2 3.6ltr over the 991 3.4 any day, S is a different story though.

Am I the only one to think that a 997.2 Carrera S would be a reasonably safe buy when you see the prices of 996's not seemingly softening at all, the potentially troublesome 997.1's prices are still $60 to $110k and there is not universal enthusiasm for the 991's because of their size?

Am I the only one to think that a 997.2 Carrera S would be a reasonably safe buy when you see the prices of 996's not seemingly softening at all, the potentially troublesome 997.1's prices are still $60 to $110k and there is not universal enthusiasm for the 991's because of their size?

I can see where your going here Pete, when the right one pops up you are going to pounce;)

Bye bye air hello glycol.

Edited by TINGY944

Less time talking km's more time making them I say. :)

Hugh, the voice of reason.

Why anyone would buy a car to park and ogle has me perplexed.  Buy a piece of art, at least you can hang that in your living room.  cars are for driving, These guys have it sorted:

http://rennlist.com/forums/996-gt2-gt3-forum/826272-highest-mileage-gt2.html

I doubt I'll ever catch up to their "high" kms - my car gets limited use but that's nothing to do with "preservation" and more to do with ~580hp, no TC/SC, less than optimal tyres and wet Melbourne weather.  Bring on Spring....

you sold that cool yellow thing yet? 

I still have my Carrera 3.0 & can't wait to get back & drive it! my problem is i still want a GT3 so this is why its for sale. The question i need to ask my self is am i better off with a very original C3 or a GT3?

If the same car, that's some serious appreciation right there :o....anyone going to throw the world has gone mad in?? This ad was from 2013

WP_001227.jpg

I reckon we could say that about most Porsche's nowadays. It would be nice to wind back the clock 3 years with a fist full of dollars knowing what they're worth now

I reckon we could say that about most Porsche's nowadays. It would be nice to wind back the clock 3 years with a fist full of dollars knowing what they're worth now

or the early 90s when I could have bought a really good 901 911s for $18,000

so I wasn't going nuts - I looked at that car in 2013

Did you notice it was LHD converted?

No - as I said a half a dozen pages ago, I thought at the time "I like it but if I buy this I will never be able to sell it, who the hell would pay $50k for a 964 backdate"

Don't take investment advice from me is the lesson - but I have heard that Ansett,  Enron and Dick Smith are good stocks to jump onto  if you are looking for a tip

new @ CTS 

'84 3.2 Carrera 133,000km's $170K

7porsche930carrerazinc_zpsj5kkxqjh.jpg

Very curious to see how this goes as it's only done a few more km's than my mint 87 (mine 127,000kms) that I purchased from CTS and both are multiple concours winners.  Mine being a G50 though.

I sure hope they get somewhere near this money for that car, because that really would be a benchmark for the 3.2's. Would it be worth more as a G50? If CTS were selling a g50 car, they would say it is a better buy, but while they are selling a 915 car, I am sure they would argue that it was a purer experience:D I see the 2 gearboxes as being like great Single Malts - some are more of an acquired taste than others, but once you acquire the taste.....

I sure hope they get somewhere near this money for that car, because that really would be a benchmark for the 3.2's. Would it be worth more as a G50? If CTS were selling a g50 car, they would say it is a better buy, but while they are selling a 915 car, I am sure they would argue that it was a purer experience:D I see the 2 gearboxes as being like great Single Malts - some are more of an acquired taste than others, but once you acquire the taste.....

Didn't intend to start the ol' G50 vs 915 debate was just noting the differences as the cars were very similar. :D