Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

The green pin striping on the wheels with matching callipers do it for me..... :P

Someone somewhere paid good money to make it like that!!

I was under the impression that it was a factory built car? I think I remember it being in a magazine in the 80s?

I don't "hate" it ... get rid of the pinstripe on the wheels, and chuck some race numbers on it! 

I was under the impression that it was a factory built car? I think I remember it being in a magazine in the 80s?

I don't "hate" it ... get rid of the pinstripe on the wheels, and chuck some race numbers on it! 

A quick search reveals that VW (in the UK at least) did a string of Golf's in Harlequin colours, cannot find any reference to Porsche doing them.... maybe someone liked the VW's and decided hey that would look good on a 944....???

What's fun is that you can still see the original dealer ad description of the car on the dealer's website. Among other things, they said

THIS VEHICLE HAS BEEN FULLY INSPECTED AND TESTED BY OUR SERVICE CENTRE AND IS VALID FOR AND AVAILABLE WITH OUR NATIONAL (AUSTRALIA WIDE) LORBEK EXCLUSIVE PRESTIGE 10 YEAR WARRANTY.

meticulously maintained and fully documented authorised Porsche service history from new WITH CURRENT SCHEDULED SERVICE BY PORSCHE JUST COMPLETED, 

I don't know much about consumer protection law, and nothing about anything in Victoria, but surely there has to be some protection 3 weeks after buying a car and the seller seems to imply they aren't honouring the warranty. Something doesn't seem to add up. So i dug a little.

When you look at the details of the warranty (downloadable off dealer website), it is pretty clear that suspension components aren't covered and with the brakes, only "the master cylinder, booster and calipers" are covered. On the face of it, the faults might not be covered at all by the warranty - I always am very suspicious of after market warranties and this supports that view. However, shouldn't this still leave the customer protected by some sort of statutory rights? The description on the dealer website alone has to be considered misleading, to say the least.

Or is there really so little protection for the consumer? Does this reinforce my buying habits of only buying new or classics, and in the case of the latter, only after a proper ppi.

Foregoing the extended warranty, any used car sold comes with at least a 3 month, 5000k warranty in which time any unroadworthy and or broken bits / items must be fixed at dealer cost .....

i.e ..... if an electric window doesn't work, it has to be fixed by the dealer ....

After only 3 weeks, the purchaser definitely has a case / rights .....

great way of identifying the crap US imports and handy to have something wider to stand on when loading up the tail at Bunnings ;) 

or putting your ass up some pole 

Bit crude ... Should have said rubbing your ass up against some pole

Lot of melbourne dealer's could be held over a barrel realistically as there is no consignment coverage in Vic.  

Plenty of the higher end stuff is on consignment off the books as I understand (this isn't a comment on Lorbek) 

even the dealers who say the don't, won't...do  

perhaps people are realising that 930's don't drive nearly as good as they look...  (And yes I have had one)

totally agree! But I'll probably still own one again soon. :)

Disclosing all that is the ad makes the car very hard to sell.... also if they have had the car fixed why sell it now?

they're making a case for damages. 

Perhaps it ain't for sale.  It's quite clever when you think about it.  It'll get pulled by carsales shortly enough.

Wow!  Jinx on me.

They bought what they thought was X. It was represented to be X. Then the purchaser found out it wasn't X but maybe Z. So the only way to sue would be to put it onto the market and sell it as Z with all the info, then sue for the difference plus interest. If that seems fair to you then that will probably apply in this case. Forget the three day cooling of period. Just an opinion.

totally agree! But I'll probably still own one again soon. :)

they're making a case for damages.