What's putting a smile on your dial?

Not sure if I should have put this in the VENT section or here...but in the end I still smile about it when I think of it...so here it is.

Picture this.....

Yesterday, I went into a Jewellery shop to get Mrs Niko a Christmas present.:D

I was served by a well presented young lady in her mid 20"s.B) 

While I was looking at different items, she asked the question,

"how long have you and your wife been together?"^_^

I answered "well...I met her when I came back from Vietnam in 1971 and we got married in 1977".

She said,   Vietnam?

I said, yes "Vietnam, you know the Vietnam war...."

She said....I HOPE YOUR READY FOR THIS.......:o

"Oh Yes, the Vietnam war, I know about that.  

"That was the "COLD WAR", the good thing about it was that there was no one killed in that war":huh:

F.... Me Drunk.......:wacko:

THE COLD WAR......HA HA....I didn't know whether to give her a history lesson or piss myself laughing.

Apart from the 60,000 Americans, the 520 plus from us, plus the Vietnamese and the other Free World Countries killed....yeah it was a great war.

AAARRRGGGHHHHH.   God help us.....

But you do have to laugh.....:P(I think) 

I think she is a better saleswoman than a historian...

Edited by Niko

Along those same lines

A 20 something muso mate of mine bought a cap and blazer to wear onstage whilst playing for a bit of 'showmanship' as he called it.

Went to his house for a jam and a few beers, and he drags it out to show me. It was an SS officers uniform with the 'cool' death head badges!

I advised that if he ever wore that, I would not only punch him in the gob, but also burn his outfit! He pretty much threw it in the bin after I guided him towards the internet for a history lesson! :-)

Pretty sure some youth of today have absolutely no idea of what happened in the past wars

Along those same lines

A 20 something muso mate of mine bought a cap and blazer to wear onstage whilst playing for a bit of 'showmanship' as he called it.

Went to his house for a jam and a few beers, and he drags it out to show me. It was an SS officers uniform with the 'cool' death head badges!

I advised that if he ever wore that, I would not only punch him in the gob, but also burn his outfit! He pretty much threw it in the bin after I guided him towards the internet for a history lesson! :-)

Pretty sure some youth of today have absolutely no idea of what happened in the past wars

Oh dear.

Not sure if I should have put this in the VENT section or here...but in the end I still smile about it when I think of it...so here it is.

Picture this.....

Yesterday, I went into a Jewellery shop to get Mrs Niko a Christmas present.:D

I was served by a well presented young lady in her mid 20"s.B) 

While I was looking at different items, she asked the question,

"how long have you and your wife been together?"^_^

I answered "well...I met her when I came back from Vietnam in 1971 and we got married in 1977".

She said,   Vietnam?

I said, yes "Vietnam, you know the Vietnam war...."

She said....I HOPE YOUR READY FOR THIS.......:o

"Oh Yes, the Vietnam war, I know about that.  

"That was the "COLD WAR", the good thing about it was that there was no one killed in killed in that war":huh:

F.... Me Drunk.......:wacko:

THE COLD WAR......HA HA....I didn't know whether to give her a history lesson or piss myself laughing.

Apart from the 60,000 Americans, the 520 plus from us, plus the Vietnamese and the other Free World Countries killed....yeah it was a great war.

AAARRRGGGHHHHH.   God help us.....

But you do have to laugh.....:P(I think) 

I think she is a better saleswoman than a historian...

She needs to be put over ya knee for a good spanking Niko....Seriously, WTF, has she even heard of ANZAC day .... any of the 9 or 10 wars we've been involved in ..... All through my schooling we were never taught anything about any of those wars and infuriatingly SFA about Vietnam and 1st and 2nd WW. Nothing's changed, just choose the American or French revolution in History and that'll suffice. 

Had some Xmas drinks at a neighbourhood party on Sat night. Was talking to an older guy (73) about cars and stuff (he is restoring a ferret armoured car) and he said he had seen our M6 in the street and wanted to check it out. Promises were made for a ride etc, which I think he thought was just me being polite, so he was very surprised when I knocked on his door yesterday afternoon and we took the beast for a strap. I love this car but sometimes get a bit blasé about the performance, anyway planted it in second gear and I hear this gasped "holy f**k" and then maniacal giggling the whooping and hollering. Definitely made me smile and apparently made his day. He has booked me in for a Cayman ride for next weekend. I am looking forwards to as it always fun to share the cars with keen people. 

Clearwater is the only place to go for the highest level Scientology courses. Priced as much as $800 per hour and requiring up to 90 hours per level, these classes get adherents to various stages of Operating Thetan (OT). Essentially, they are a series of discussions — or “audits” — in which practitioners focus on getting rid of body thetans (supposedly spirits from other lives and planets). Once the most advanced of these courses is completed, the promise is that you will be able to leave your body and control matter with your mind. Cruise is said to be an OT-VII, the penultimate level.

“The belief is that you will have superhuman powers,” said Ortega.

Tom Cruise the OT-V11 :) Just shows what drugs do to the human brain 

Not wanting to offend anyone with religion based comments,  yet I watched a show on Fox about Scientology on the weekend, and the missus and I were laughing oir heads off!

How the bloody hell are people actually believing in that utter bollocks? Even L Ron Hubbard thought he was nuts himself and wanted to be admitted into a mental institution! 

Also watched Louis Theroux's doco on it, and the members were harrassing the hell out of him. Very weird people that should lay off the mushrooms I think! ;-) 

Not wanting to offend anyone with religion based comments,  yet I watched a show on Fox about Scientology on the weekend, and the missus and I were laughing oir heads off!

How the bloody hell are people actually believing in that utter bollocks? Even L Ron Hubbard thought he was nuts himself and wanted to be admitted into a mental institution! 

Also watched Louis Theroux's doco on it, and the members were harrassing the hell out of him. Very weird people that should lay off the mushrooms I think! ;-) 

Also not wanting to offend, but I find it funny how people of other "faiths" watch the Going Clear doco and watch Louis, then laugh at it as if their own book of fairytales is somehow more believable ! 

Not what you told me yesterday! 

A friend said on Friday night that they call it w**ker's cramp. So I said how come you don't have it in both hands.  

I'm going to have a neat little scar. It'll look like one of spidermans web glands.