What's putting a smile on your dial?

Had this loser tailgating me on the freeway this morning for best part of 5km. Was driving me crazy. Then, when he eventually pulled out and passed me i noticed the company name and number on the back. But I had my 5 minutes in the sun. Lets just say it's very inconvenient to have to find a car park in the city on a Friday afternoon between 3.30 and4.30, then walk in to a major cop shop, only to find that they have no idea what he was talking about.  He probably ended up having a bit of explaining to do.

The moral of the story is if your car has a phone number on it, don't drive like a w-anchor.  I'd say that's a win for me.

Had this loser tailgating me on the freeway this morning for best part of 5km. Was driving me crazy. Then, when he eventually pulled out and passed me i noticed the company name and number on the back. But I had my 5 minutes in the sun. Lets just say it's very inconvenient to have to find a car park in the city on a Friday afternoon between 3.30 and4.30, then walk in to a major cop shop, only to find that they have no idea what he was talking about.  He probably ended up having a bit of explaining to do.

The moral of the story is if your car has a phone number on it, don't drive like a w-anchor.  I'd say that's a win for me.

I had a similar experience driving down the New England late one night……in the Charade, cruising on the speed limit…..yes really.  Shortly after passing the Duri turn off a pair of lights came up behind me, then just sat close behind, I mean close.  Plenty overtaking opportunities, but no this clown just stayed close behind occasionally dropping back then accelerating up close again.  Finally, between Wallabadah and Willow Tree, going up a hill and my speed dropping back to 90kph,  he decides to pass. His car had it's company name on it too.   HIGHWAY PATROL.

Then he had the audacity to flash his brake lights to say my lights were too bright…so I flashed my high beam at him.

I saw him again at Murrurindi gap.  He just stood by his car and watched me cruise passed up the hill, at 100kph in 4th, at about 4000RPM.

@OZ930 my experience was basically the same. Plenty of opportunities for him to overtake.  Most of the time he was that close I couldn't see his headlights in the mirror.  This was a plumbing companies car. Needless to say, I won't be using them if I need a plumber.

@OZ930 my experience was basically the same. Plenty of opportunities for him to overtake.  Most of the time he was that close I couldn't see his headlights in the mirror.  This was a plumbing companies car. Needless to say, I won't be using them if I need a plumber.

Maybe he was just having a close inspection of your pipes.  

I swear Porsche's attract tailgaters!

My smile for the day. I can FINALLY play Led Zeppelin's Going to California and Kashmir on the guitar CORRECTLY! HOORAY!!!

The boguns will be happy at our gigs now, as Led Zep is requested at practically every gig (my singer has a helluva Robert Plant voice too)

I swear Porsche's attract tailgaters!

My smile for the day. I can FINALLY play Led Zeppelin's Going to California and Kashmir on the guitar CORRECTLY! HOORAY!!!

The boguns will be happy at our gigs now, as Led Zep is requested at practically every gig (my singer has a helluva Robert Plant voice too)

Sorry Lee, but you CANNOT put Led Zep in the bogan basket ! Chisel and AC/DC maybe but not the kings of rock ! 

Oh yeah go on, put shit on the Aussie bands. Vent.

Haha, didn't mean it to come out like that, I'm actually a big AC/DC fan, still got original vinyl of them that I bought as a teen in the UK before I even heard the term bogan.

Now, I have to get to the garage and finish putting the Chevy badges on the SS Commodore. 

First day back on the job, and I find this hanging on the wall. 1 of 5 prints from a Melbourne artist Panteli. Huge thing at 1200h x 900w. It will grace the wall of the mancave shortly, as I got it cheap due to a small mark on it

20170116_114827.jpg

What did you mark it with, and will it come off?

Over the last few days, I have been helping my Daughter and Son In Law, looking for and buying a small SUV.:wacko:

Trade in was a 2005 Mazda Tribute, with 215K on the clock, but still going reasonably well.   (sorta)

Anyway we ended up on a new KIA SPORTAGE Platinum 2.4L petrol, 4WD on demand.

Have to say, it comes with everything, lots of safety features, :Ddrives well, and ticks all the boxes in that SUV price range.

7 year warranty and road side assist, is a big draw card, especially for a couple with a couple of kids and a Golden Retriever.

Even servicing prices are good...

Another little winner for me is full size spare identical mag wheel as on the car.;)

The local dealership with a young easy to get along with salesman, have been excellent. 

Threw in the items we wanted, mats, roof racks.

Rego on the Tribute trade in is due on the 24th of this month.:(  

Twelve months rego here in Vic, is close to $800.00, and unless your on a concession card you have to pay for the full 12 months:huh: 

Salesman said the new car should be here by then, if not they will give the daughter a loan car until the new one arrives.

Salesman even knocked off another $500.   When it came to signing time.:)

Paperwork held over till today so the daughter can go into a $20k draw.

If anyone had said to me I would be recommending a KIA a few years ago, I would have thought they were on serious medication.

I know this is a P car forum, but just thought I would share this unusually pleasant experience.   

So big smile on my face,:D my daughter is very happy,:) (and that's all that matters to me) 

I was extremely impressed with the salesman we dealt with and the car they are purchasing.

Bang for your buck on these things is pretty good...

Now back to P cars........

Over the last few days, I have been helping my Daughter and Son In Law, looking for and buying a small SUV.:wacko:

Trade in was a 2005 Mazda Tribute, with 215K on the clock, but still going reasonably well.   (sorta)

Anyway we ended up on a new KIA SPORTAGE Platinum 2.4L petrol, 4WD on demand.

Have to say, it comes with everything, lots of safety features, :Ddrives well, and ticks all the boxes in that SUV price range.

7 year warranty and road side assist, is a big draw card, especially for a couple with a couple of kids and a Golden Retriever.

Even servicing prices are good...

Another little winner for me is full size spare identical mag wheel as on the car.;)

The local dealership with a young easy to get along with salesman, have been excellent. 

Threw in the items we wanted, mats, roof racks.

Rego on the Tribute trade in is due on the 24th of this month.:(  

Twelve months rego here in Vic, is close to $800.00, and unless your on a concession card you have to pay for the full 12 months:huh: 

Salesman said the new car should be here by then, if not they will give the daughter a loan car until the new one arrives.

Salesman even knocked off another $500.   When it came to signing time.:)

Paperwork held over till today so the daughter can go into a $20k draw.

If anyone had said to me I would be recommending a KIA a few years ago, I would have thought they were on serious medication.

I know this is a P car forum, but just thought I would share this unusually pleasant experience.   

So big smile on my face,:D my daughter is very happy,:) (and that's all that matters to me) 

I was extremely impressed with the salesman we dealt with and the car they are purchasing.

Bang for your buck on these things is pretty good...

Now back to P cars........

Niko my better half has  Kia Sorrento and it's been unbelievably good just so much bang for your buck. Had a laugh at a Porsche  Pannamera add last year boasting about heated seats being standard for around 300k and yet the Kia has not only heated but aircon seats as standard for a fraction of the price.?

Niko my better half has  Kia Sorrento and it's been unbelievably good just so much bang for your buck. Had a laugh at a Porsche  Pannamera add last year boasting about heated seats being standard for around 300k and yet the Kia has not only heated but aircon seats as standard for a fraction of the price.?

:D I agree Rod,  that was another thing cooling for the seats how good is that.....