996 GT3 Purchase

1 hour ago, edgy said:

I've battled with this thought, and have even as much been contacted to sell it this week, $$ was strong but yet I cannot bare to part with it... so I've done the only logical thing and ordered A050's and going to the track = decision made. :) 

Good work! Just remember mo money mo problems. No problems with a050’s!

1 hour ago, edgy said:

I've battled with this thought, and have even as much been contacted to sell it this week, $$ was strong but yet I cannot bare to part with it... so I've done the only logical thing and ordered A050's and going to the track = decision made. :) 

The $$ Temptation is strong @edgy ,but what do we play with when its gone? 

There will never be another 996RS. 

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

The $$ Temptation is strong @edgy ,but what do we play with when its gone? 

There will never be another 996RS. 

I had the Ferrari itch for quite a while... but ownership costs are just silly, so I stay on the fence, and lucky for me I just completed a 3000 km road trip across Spain & Portugal with a friend in the 996 RS's Ferrari equivalent, a 360 Challenge Stradale, it was really great to scratch that itch.... but I wouldn't own one here in Australia, and for a number of reasons, the 996 RS is the better car IMO... its just that the saltry Italian is rather seductive! That sound is blissful 🥰 and no bad angles... she's very easy on the eyes! 

IMG_5928.thumb.jpeg.3fc8cd3d8654e05c2311434dd72a9cab.jpeg

10 minutes ago, edgy said:

360 Challenge Stradale

That sound is blissful 🥰 and no bad angles... she's very easy on the eyes! 

IMG_5928.thumb.jpeg.3fc8cd3d8654e05c2311434dd72a9cab.jpeg

Damn they look sexy. 

What a crazy experience you had - very jealous. 

I must admit, if there were a time to try another car as focused as the 996RS, It would be this.

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

Damn they look sexy. 

What a crazy experience you had - very jealous. 

I must admit, if there were a time to try another car as focused as the 996RS, It would be this.

It's amazing how similar the overall feeling of them is... there are the obvious differences of course, and I'd be happy with either, but in summary: 

Head = Porsche

One eye trouser snake = Ferrari 

And the other Arctic Silver one at Porschaden down another $5k

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2003/oag-ad-20958000/?utm_campaign=price-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=c0d5b511-ade3-437c-8025-d6513826c2b7

1 hour ago, Yeatesy said:

I’m becoming optimistic that one day I will own a GT3 🤞

Reckon you'd swap your yellow car for one and change Yeatesy......

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

And the other Arctic Silver one at Porschaden down another $5k

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2003/oag-ad-20958000/?utm_campaign=price-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=c0d5b511-ade3-437c-8025-d6513826c2b7

Reckon you'd swap your yellow car for one and change Yeatesy......

I wish

25 minutes ago, 911 said:

Are they at pre covid levels yet?

Strange the GT3s are coming off heaps but some of the pricey air cooled stuff is still moving. Dutton's also sold that marone SC they had, which didn't really look spectacular. 

I saw that SC a couple of weeks ago and it was very poorly presented which is unusual for Dutton’s 

22 hours ago, Yeatesy said:

I saw that SC a couple of weeks ago and it was very poorly presented which is unusual for Dutton’s 

Yes, was suprised at how quick it moved considering. Might be a good time for those wanting to shift from aircooled into a 996 GT3. 

On 31/01/2023 at 11:58, TwoHeadsTas said:

And another one to $235....

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Further updates:

Black.2 at Theodossis down to $219.9 from $229.9, and new listing for a black .1 at $245

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1999-porsche-911-gt3-clubsport-996-manual/SSE-AD-14543067/?Cr=0

Black one looks nice, possibly belonging to someone on here

• 1 month later...