996 GT3 Purchase

50 minutes ago, sleazius said:

Sacrilege! Burn the heathen! 😁

I feel the same way about all silver, grey, and off white 911s. Zero interest, but I'd take one if there was nothing else.

Black is probably the only one I'd draw the line at, happy to take any of the others.....

6 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Black is probably the only one I'd draw the line at, happy to take any of the others.....

I supposedly don’t like black cars but somehow have ended up specifying 4 of them brand new. Including the GT3. Its a bit hard when you don’t like silver or grey and predominately buy euro vehicles. The GT3 happened because I fortuitously saw a Miami car before my build locked and I was able to change the colour at the 11th hour.

Mercedes is even worse than Porsche. You might have 10 colours to choose from, 7 of them silver/grey or white, one drab blue, a drab red, and black.

On 20/10/2022 at 13:13, HMH98 said:

Porsche 911 (996) GT3 Series 2 Coupe (Touring Pack) Auctions - Lot 201 - Shannons

996.2 coming up for auction soon, it'll be interesting to see what it fetches.

Surprised it didn't even make the starting bid of $210k and was passed in.

Is there something wrong with it? (besides being a undesirable colour!)  OR has the GT3 market softened that much?

17 hours ago, Peter M said:

Is there something wrong with it? (besides being a undesirable colour!)  OR has the GT3 market softened that much?

Yeah I checked it out myself and I couldn't see anything wrong with it, it's pretty damn clean. I guess it's either a softening market for them or for cars like these in general

44 minutes ago, HMH98 said:

Yeah I checked it out myself and I couldn't see anything wrong with it, it's pretty damn clean. I guess it's either a softening market for them or for cars like these in general

Small market the 996 GT3. I would rather this over an air cooled for the same money .

19 hours ago, Peter M said:

Touring pack but no longer with the touring seats might’ve hurt it, bit of an odd one that. The 993S was off its head pricewise, same for the Merc560SL. Lucky sellers there I think.

1 hour ago, Mike-S said:

Touring pack but no longer with the touring seats might’ve hurt it, bit of an odd one that. The 993S was off its head pricewise, same for the Merc560SL. Lucky sellers there I think.

So I have it right…not a single bid on the 996 gt3? 

What did the 993 c2s  go for? …update I just saw $303k plus commission.  Thanks.  Totally in line with last 2 off market sales I heard about. 

2 hours ago, mc968cs said:

So I have it right…not a single bid on the 996 gt3? 

What did the 993 c2s  go for? …update I just saw $303k plus commission.  Thanks.  Totally in line with last 2 off market sales I heard about. 

Correct, no bids on the GT3. Needed a $210k start 

• 3 weeks later...

And a $10k price drop on the car at Nick Theodossi......

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2004/oag-ad-21336612/?utm_campaign=price-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=3095f428-2182-4096-8ffd-b11d2ebf0a77

Saw @James P's car on Sunday at Porsches by the Bay, that still has to be a car to look at if you're serious about acquiring a 996 GT3.

5 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

And a $10k price drop on the car at Nick Theodossi......

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2004/oag-ad-21336612/?utm_campaign=price-alert&utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=3095f428-2182-4096-8ffd-b11d2ebf0a77

Saw @James P's car on Sunday at Porsches by the Bay, that still has to be a car to look at if you're serious about acquiring a 996 GT3.

Thanks mate... didn't get a chance to see you