996 GT3 Purchase

1 minute ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

I think you're right Damien.  I've noticed there's been a couple of realistically priced 986 Boxsters being posted on FB marketplace over the last couple of weeks too

Yeh I noticed that too as I'm after a basic Boxster for my son as well

51 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Beat me to it Raf, I was about to post that 🙂 

Anyone have any background on this one?

4 hours ago, GTP911 said:

Now at Duttons for $279,990......

2000 Porsche 911 996 GT3 Clubsport Coupe 2dr Man 6sp 3.6i

Checked this out today, nice car, but not at $90 k more than I sold mine for!!  The guys there said there may be $10k needed to be spent on it.  Still think I'd buy James P's car as a preference......

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, edgy said:

A friend sent me this 996 RS, hard to know if its a new or current listing? 

https://duttongarage.com/Porsche-GT-RS-Coupe-dr-Man-sp-i-MY~34108 

She is a beauty! I know a guy who punts one around a track every second weekend like there is no tomorrow. They look great dirty!

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mrar said:

I count 6 on cs market place atm. ranging from $215-280k.

tough gig trying to move one at these asks, it seems.

1648 porsche fs on cs too.

Do you think it's a case of more stock than there is buyers, or simply price point in the current market? 

I think that James' car is fairly priced, but can't see $280 k in the Duttons one.  I had a crawl over it a month or so ago, and whilst it's a nice car, I can't see it being in 997 GT3 price territory I wouldn't think.......

I agree that the market seems to be getting over FOMO, hence the higher prices cars are sitting.

Makes me think that I got a fair price for my car, when I see these prices I think I should have asked for more, but then realise they are still sitting there.....

3 hours ago, mrar said:

I count 6 on cs market place atm. ranging from $215-280k.

tough gig trying to move one at these asks, it seems.

Similar can be said for the 997GT3 market.  6 on CS at the moment, although I notice a couple have paused ads, so there were maybe 7/8 for sale.

They are all quite closely priced at the moment ($280-294) but just stagnating, and have come steadily down from asking prices of up around $300-$329. 

It seems buyers are waiting to see what happens. 

26 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Probably not early 2020 level yet, but this is a very realistic price for this car with the Kms on it in the current market.  Both James P's car and this one are the most realistically priced cars available at the moment IMO.