996 GT3 Purchase

On 10/04/2022 at 11:21, GTP911 said:

I think this may be the discussed GT3? (RVL post)

Nations Cup GT3's - Porsche History in Australia - PFA (porscheforum.com.au)

Yep, that's the car. I decided to take it off the market. I'm trying to get all the back story re Nations Cup. Seems like it has a bit of race history which is cool.

4 minutes ago, Alfa Miura said:

Pigeon pair

$259k for silver 996.2 GT3CS 70k kms

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2003/oag-ad-20685238

...or $319k for 997 with 40 k kms?

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/porsche-911-2007/oag-ad-20685234

Seems like 996GT3s sit on carsales for a while at the 250k mark, then get taken off unsold. 

Both neat looking examples. 

• 1 month later...
30 minutes ago, wilburforce said:

Presume that is Dave's car????  Orange Pearl is an amazing colour, but that price??  

However, this has just been flagged as sold:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche 911 2003/OAG-AD-20685238/?utm_campaign=sold-alert&utm_source=notification-centre&utm_medium=email&csn_atid=0a28ae04-a7f6-41d1-b914-615247e7cc4f

And as James has noted, a few .1s have sold under the radar, including mine which will soon be making it's way north.  Sold via PFA contacts making a direct enquiry to me, at a most agreeable price to both of us, without the hassles of CarSales etc.  I would have listed it here, but weather had stopped me from taking photos and putting up a formal listing, but that wasn't needed in the end.  I'd even vacuumed the carpets!!! 

I will deliver to purchaser in Melb Friday next week.  It's been a fantastic couple of years, I have thoroughly enjoyed the car, but the time had come....

I suppose I'll have to stop posting in this thread now 🙂 

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

a few .1s have sold under the radar, including mine which will soon be making it's way north.  Sold via PFA contacts making a direct enquiry to me, at a most agreeable price to both of us, without the hassles of CarSales etc. 

Congratulations on the sale @TwoHeadsTas. Sounds like it was made easy.  

Looking forward to the next P-car? 

4 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Congratulations on the sale @TwoHeadsTas. Sounds like it was made easy.  

Looking forward to the next P-car? 

Yeah, a few choices - cross grade to an early 991 C2S, back to a std 996 C2 manual, or upgrade my daily from a Touareg to a Cayenne or perhaps SQ7.  Will have fun trying the options 🙂 Too much similarity in pricing now between 997 and 991 so I'll take 997 off the option list at the moment

2 hours ago, wilburforce said:

That is absolutely delicious spec! Possibly the best colour for 6.1 IMO... 

I do remember about 10 years ago one of those sitting forever on carsales, no one wanted it cos of the colour, it like $85k or thereabout... how the tables have turned! :lol: 

2 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

a few .1s have sold under the radar, including mine which will soon be making it's way north. 

Congratulations & commiserations! 

But yes, when real sellers and buyers align, it often happens off market..