STUTT’FEST 2022

Skidmarks

11 hours ago, hugh said:

You are in safe hands! 

All caused by the idiot in the Torana.  First lap, cold tyres, 700 hp and questionable talent.  What could go wrong?

12 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Mmm, Sven you wouldn;t have been too happy with this, but thanks Hugh for making me even more worried.........😁

No need to worry, it’s just another corner ... did you see my rear wing get airborne and land on the roof of the Mustang?  Tony K complained to one of the marshall’s about them having put it there and we both pissed ourselves when the guy said that that’s where it landed!

Was a big hit.  We had to pull the rear rails to the left on the jig just so we could get the engine out. It was jammed in.

Anyway, we won’t be going that hard through there on Saturday - unless I’m chasing Rohan ...

The big issue in that crash was Bernie Stack.  He copped a huge hit, was pretty knocked about.  Car took some time to fix as well.

As a post script to the race, old mate in the Torana was with the rest of the guys that were involved in the crash in the medical centre.  He was busy apologizing to JB.  I nearly gave him a proper reason to be in the medical centre ... I made a conservative estimate as to the cumulative damage bill and I think it was well over 600K.

The fact that some of the others thought that they’d run a bit of “Days of Thunder” and try and drive through the carnage as it was unfolding didn’t help either ...

12 hours ago, LeeM said:

I wasn't going to mention that one @hugh 😅

Just another chapter in the rich tapestry of stacks that inevitably happen in 20 years of doing it!

55 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

All caused by the idiot in the Torana.  First lap, cold tyres, 700 hp and questionable talent.  What could go wrong?

Absolute carnage. Very surprised nobody was more seriously hurt. 

The good news is that Mr Orange & Mr Purple IROC will be back at Winton this weekend to show everyone how its done properly! Friday afternoon can not come soon enough. 

2 minutes ago, Coastr said:

Wow that was hard to watch. Seems so much more painful when you know there isn’t a transporter full of spares waiting to patch up the cars.  Sounds like everyone was Ok?

Nothing a Panadol and glass of red couldn’t deal with 😁

Update

Garage allocations will be advised shortly.  We have the entire pit lane so should be plenty of room.

For those who want to, they can unload and leave their cars at the track on Friday night and they will be secure.  The offer is also there for Saturday night.

Winton is handling calling the sessions and making sure we all go out and come back in when we should.  Brenton O’Brien from Winton will the the clerk of course and will also say a few words at the drivers briefing.

More to follow ...

1 minute ago, Skidmarks said:

Update

Garage allocations will be advised shortly.  We have the entire pit lane so should be plenty of room.

For those who want to, they can unload and leave their cars at the track on Friday night and they will be secure.  The offer is also there for Saturday night.

Winton is handling calling the sessions and making sure we all go out and come back in when we should.  Brenton O’Brien from Winton will the the clerk of course and will also say a few words at the drivers briefing.

More to follow ...

Mate, not sure whether I have paid everything I had to, or whether we need to pay more to cover track hire seeing as our Sydney brothers can't come any more, or any extra for garages (wouldn't be fair for the organisers to be out of pocket at all).  Can you please advise (whether individually or group???). 

28 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Mate, not sure whether I have paid everything I had to, or whether we need to pay more to cover track hire seeing as our Sydney brothers can't come any more, or any extra for garages (wouldn't be fair for the organisers to be out of pocket at all).  Can you please advise (whether individually or group???). 

Thanks.

I think we’re still just about square so no need to chip in more.

23 minutes ago, Kerry said:

Hey Sven, if you’re still looking for marshalling volunteers, Mark, Philip and I will be happy to chip in... K

Excellent. Let’s chat on the day or over beers the night before if we get the chance. Perhaps connect with @hugh on that?

3 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Update

As per @Skidmarks comment above, please refer to below pit garage allocations. Please also note the colours indicate the run groups - I've attempted to group everyone together based on their cars/mates/approximated track speed etc. but we can adjust this on the day if there are any issues. 

PIT GARAGE 03 PCB   PIT GARAGE 12 Peter Haworth
  PCB     Chris Miller
PIT GARAGE 04 Stephen Sluga   PIT GARAGE 13 Rich Greenman
  James Papas     LOUI
PIT GARAGE 05 Andrew Hall   PIT GARAGE 14 Belucci Murelli
  Richard Green     Mahen
PIT GARAGE 06 Robert Gattereder (Porsche Centre Brighton)   PIT GARAGE 15 Brendon Holmes
  Phil Ross (Sven's guest)     Roger Dench
PIT GARAGE 07 Peter Bick   PIT GARAGE 16 James Bowden
  Matt Reed     Daniel Gardner
PIT GARAGE 08 Allan Hines   PIT GARAGE 17 Ross Read
  Kerry Hines     John Calvert
PIT GARAGE 09 Sven   PIT GARAGE 18 Christopher Lee
  Rohan     Simon Kovac
PIT GARAGE 10 Dick Niggens   PIT GARAGE 19 Arne Krix
  Tim Plenderleith     Rupert + Matt Courtnay
PIT GARAGE 11 Ross Higgins (9r)   PIT GARAGE 20 Raffaele Crea
  Andrew Jed mccormack     Joe Vodopic

12 hours ago, P-Kay said:

Howdy Pete - Where you leaving from? Thining I can join on the way possibly...

Hey Pete! An idea was to head up either the Hume Donnybrook servo from 6am or go a little more exciting route via Mansfield starting from Clifton Hill. 

Update

Whilst there will be fuel available at the track and in Benalla, Panta Fuels is also bringing up some Unleaded Race 98 (2.62% oxygen) and Panta Max 102 (3.69%).

Not cheap but they’ll sell at cost.  No pressure to buy - my mission will be to use as much as I can of both!  I’ll be back to backing the 98 an 102 for shits and giggles.  

We’ve used it and other than the high oxygen, it’s stable, clean and burns a little cooler which is good for the top end.

Just an opportunity to indulge a little more if you’re so inclined ... while we’re there ...

We’re also looking at securing the services of a professional photographer (does work for Porsche Cars Australia) to compile a photo record of the weekend - the plan is to have these available to you all FOC.  I’m just sorting through this with @hugh  Why ...?  Why not?

Reflecting on the coming weekend, I’m really disappointed that our NSW people are missing out but fear not, I have a plan for a mid year repeat as well as looking at doing this each  year in January.  The ability to participate in any future events is automatic for those that are in for this weekend (including our mates who can’t come because of the border shut down) and we’ll then see who else we might want to join us in the future.  

The day (and weekend)  is all about relaxed interaction, getting to know each other and your cars.  

It hasn’t been advertised.  It’s just for those that know.  Nice and private.

No bullshit.

All fun.