STUTT’FEST 2022

Skidmarks

i was thinking about the other way through Lilydale, Yea, Mansfield through to Winton, leaving at about 5.30am.

Leaving from Glen Iris, thought i might a well take in a few twisty roads on the way up instead of the highway.

Awesome day spectating albeit damn hot.  

Thanks @Skidmarks for the IROC TCM hot laps. I’d never ridden in an old air cooled 911 so why not start with a 410hp/920kg race car 😂

Shit video, I was focussed on keeping my head up.  But the noise....😍.  Grip and braking were phenomenal and Sven knows how to pedal it hard.  🙏 

C1F7CDA8-EDE7-4DF4-9EF9-EB7763DB17D3.jpeg

8 minutes ago, Stepo said:

Only attended as a spectator and feels like a long day of driving, hats off to those that drove up, tracked their car and then drove home. 

I've listed my car for sale, after seeing all those GT's it's time for some a/c, lots of very special cars out there, was a privilege to see. 

40 minutes ago, LeeM said:

How many cars all up? 

Well , there are 20 garages in Winton , each catering for 2 cars, some exhibition cars , some guys brought more than just 1 car. Probably around 40 cars driving and a good number of spectator cars , maybe about 20 cars. A fantastic day we had , massive thank you to Sven , Hugh , Robert and crew from Brighton Porsche  and everybody else involved in making this happen . Massive turn out , very well organised . Everybody on the track was very courteous and supportive of each other . Amazing to think that the large variety of P cars in terms of HP , Stock cars, track dedicated cars , Cup cars , were all able to coexist and enjoy the track. Hugh did plan it out beautifully, everything was easy , straight forward, no stress. Big shout out for the North Eastern Hotel , 15 people had confirmed for Dinner Friday night ,  30 of us rocked up , they accommodated us with no fuss , food and drinks happening fast , friendly service and great food . Please leave positive reviews for them. It was great to catch up with familiar faces as well as meeting new people and their great cars. I am sure more detailed reports and photos will follow over the next few days . We had a ball , could this become an annual event?😁

2 hours ago, Stepo said:

Only attended as a spectator and feels like a long day of driving, hats off to those that drove up, tracked their car and then drove home. 

I felt 'sea sick' after the first session , Mark ( Grimmy) blamed it on the amount of Shiraz , consumed the previous night. In fact , the G- forces triggered my pre existing Vertigo. The following sessions made it worse of course , the drive back home was epic , my son Lenny asleep on the passenger seat , me driving , covering one eye with one hand , to reduce the spinning in my head. Feeling better now after MORE Shiraz. 😂

7 hours ago, Arne Krix said:

I felt 'sea sick' after the first session , Mark ( Grimmy) blamed it on the amount of Shiraz , consumed the previous night. In fact , the G- forces triggered my pre existing Vertigo. The following sessions made it worse of course , the drive back home was epic , my son Lenny asleep on the passenger seat , me driving , covering one eye with one hand , to reduce the spinning in my head. Feeling better now after MORE Shiraz. 😂

I feel your pain.  I’ve stayed away from Winton for a few years as I used to get motion sickness every time from the left right left right G forces.  I used to have to lie on my back on the cold concrete after each session to get myself right and avoid 🤮.

It’s been a few years so I was a bit concerned I might get crook in Sven’s orange beast but took the punt and for some reason I was fine despite the big lateral grip and heat.

My wife has suggested a few times I should give up Motorsport and take up golf.....🤔😂

11 hours ago, Stepo said:

Same here. Left home at 4.30am, got back at 7.30pm and know how tired I was without the track driving element! 
Great day out though, huge fun as a passenger and I had nothing to do with Nick Diggens spinning 😂 

2 hours ago, DJM said:

My wife has suggested a few times I should give up Motorsport and take up golf.....🤔😂

She either wants you out of the house every week, or wants you to become an angry old man when you can't fix a slice or break 100! 😅

12 hours ago, Arne Krix said:

So It turns out that consuming Shiraz doesn't constitute hydration after all 😱  

3 Bottles / 4 People all seemed like a great Idea at the time, apparently its not good for the waist line either 😧

20 minutes ago, Grimmy said:

So It turns out that consuming Shiraz doesn't constitute hydration after all 😱  

3 Bottles / 4 People all seemed like a great Idea at the time, apparently its not good for the waist line either 😧

Shiraz was fine , not so sure about the Scotch afterwards...:Chuckle2:

Some Photo's

IMG_0002.thumb.jpeg.9d60153fecb9df44fb1c1b69ae8f4488.jpegIMG_0003.thumb.jpeg.b8560fdadaf6491982e6d38feab32426.jpeg

Apparently someone failed to read the Porsche only sign @ Maccas Lilydale.

IMG_0006.thumb.jpeg.fa0fc14f28237189555374b9c878290c.jpeg

Bit of a traffic Jam

DSC06316.thumb.jpeg.68a02f9ae5c9fdb9428a6b1a5e7da9a5.jpegDSC06315.thumb.jpeg.7f0d3af57c7461c0ea54fac1a5a98367.jpegDSC06305.thumb.jpeg.5769d2d8b1b125792b62a3ad8d4a73e3.jpegDSC06294.thumb.jpeg.0fdc0f8a09b61a7b4a95b252f2553e71.jpeg

Roberts simply stunning Manthey Racing GT4 Clubsport

DSC06311.thumb.jpeg.be1abe9d8ce248493efd59559a1f2cfd.jpeg

Some machines look fast standing still DSC06310.thumb.jpeg.bb2dfcba9118ae5f504ea7ba920d84e1.jpeg

Little trailer and a couple of tins of juice

DSC06308.thumb.jpeg.2db658658b0085990a098416a77aefc1.jpeg

@Arne Krix punting hard 

DSC06319.thumb.jpeg.386991de9b065dcee98d440f3f0839c6.jpeg

996 Turbo looked stunning in redDSC06322.thumb.jpeg.11fa39a233fdd3a45ff86cda2952f62c.jpeg

Father of the year award to @Arne Krix for letting Lenny out to play. He said he was going for a couple of laps and would come back in. After 20 minutes and the end of he's 

session returns to say was that really 20 minutes felt like 5 !!!1 well done and he's laps got quicker each rotation.

DSC06320.thumb.jpeg.dc64dd3a78d7876a5bf0c7e666cb08c3.jpeg

Great to see @hugh out hard charging in the RS after all the amazing work he put in throughout the morning. The note that engine makes on full song is stellar.

DSC06307.thumb.jpeg.98bf65c1b2c6269ee9e51f6b23fe6e04.jpegDSC06323.thumb.jpeg.df6e4834001feec3730c3a1bd23ec585.jpeg

The colour changing tricks this little chameleon does is mesmerising, what a stunner. In fact all the highly represented 996's looked the part.

DSC06321.thumb.JPG.d323789964100d30e965136c0859bf15.JPG

Some magnificent Air Cooled machines out pushing hard.

DSC06329.thumb.jpeg.7b017c5bc3ee81f8bf72d3521dfeca8c.jpeg

One more of the GT4 Clubsport MR because well you could never have enough.

DSC06338.thumb.jpeg.0644aed7779761e8960432b7ac6d2300.jpeg

And a nice stay Saturday night at an Air B&B on the way back with my significantly better half rounded out a perfect couple of days.

Thank you to @Skidmarks for the vision @hugh for the organising and getting it all together on the day, your a natural mate. @Arne Krix for the call to drive up on Friday arvo and arranging the booking at the Northo. We ended up completely overrunning that place and they handled it like champions, and none of of got booted out despite how hard we tried :) 

And thank you to everyone else for making it a great social weekend with like minded enthusiasts

4 hours ago, Arne Krix said:

Shiraz was fine , not so sure about the Scotch afterwards...:Chuckle2:

Yep, kind of glad my participation in that little game was moderated by the governess 🙄