STUTT’FEST 2022

Skidmarks

1 hour ago, Simonk said:

Hey guys. I'm still buzzing after a fantastic weekend! 

https://www.911kuhlture.com/2021/01/12/gt3-cars-cabernet/

Great pics Simon, I got up there for a sticky a bit late in the day and missed to say hello, you were either on the track or had that phone transplanted.

Kudos to you for running your lovely widebody on a track full of GT's, I expect you were constantly keeping an eye on your rear view mirror as they'd be coming up quick ;)

The Kid says!

Great photos of a great day!

To everyone who organised this event and worked so diligently to make it so memorable and I include those unsung who feed us, watered us and made us safe  - thankyou!

Next year I will be back with the 996.1 GT3 (with new tires!) and so it occurred to me, maybe its time for a history lesson to where it all began! 

So if we can have a bit of track time for the old girls will bring my 1959 356 A ( 1.9 lite twin plug  C160hp) for a few laps before my drums fade into oblivion!   

Bye!

5 hours ago, Okrasa Kid said:

The Kid says!

To everyone who organised this event and worked so diligently to make it so memorable and I include those unsung who feed us, watered us and made us safe  - thankyou!

Next year I will be back with the 996.1 GT3 (with new tires!) and so it occurred to me, maybe its time for a history lesson to where it all began! 

So if we can have a bit of track time for the old girls will bring my 1959 356 A ( 1.9 lite twin plug  C160hp) for a few laps before my drums fade into oblivion!   

Bye!

I’d be up for a bit of that and bring the GT for sure , even if it’s just a single session

11 hours ago, Okrasa Kid said:

The Kid says!

Bye!

Sounds like a great idea.  

Perhaps we have a session for cars from the 50’s and 60’s, 70 and 80’s and so on?

22 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Excellent @Skidmarks, I'll let Glider City motel know.  Michael was pretty keen to reserve rooms for us again, we must have been nice people 🙂  He's an excellent host too, happy to ferry us about in his mini-bus.

I have sent email, will wait for response and then post their booking requirements.  Might be a couple of weeks as Michael and his wife were off for a couple of weeks - their first time away from the hotel in 12 months....

17 hours ago, Stepo said:

Great pics Simon, I got up there for a sticky a bit late in the day and missed to say hello, you were either on the track or had that phone transplanted.

Kudos to you for running your lovely widebody on a track full of GT's, I expect you were constantly keeping an eye on your rear view mirror as they'd be coming up quick ;)

Yes, I spent a lot of time on the phone coaching my wife on how to use the pool filter (which we've had for 10 years). The 491 was a blast around Winton. A little slow on the straights but that was a good opportunity to take a quick breather and check the mirrors. The green group allocation worked perfectly with everyone at a fairly similar pace, despite the broad range of car types. The afternoon all in sessions were fine. The fast guys in the cup cars and GT3s were very respectful and patient to us slower guys which made  my experience very enjoyable.

1 hour ago, Jedly said:

And with that I declare the event finally over !! 😜...the guys up there were super helpful locking the car away all week , and as previously said , commented on how much they had enjoyed our day and looking forward to next year !!

1B2E630A-DC82-485A-9EAE-720BBE0EF678.jpeg

Great looking car @Jedly I had a quick look at it the other day at Calvin’s new workshop when I was dropping mine off

2 hours ago, Jedly said:

And with that I declare the event finally over !! 😜...the guys up there were super helpful locking the car away all week , and as previously said , commented on how much they had enjoyed our day and looking forward to next year !!

Love your number mate! And love the trailer!

18 hours ago, Jedly said:

I was following you up Wooralla Dve, Mt Eliza around 7:50pm yesterday and when you clipped the kerb of the small roundabout at the top of the hill, the GT3 hopped sideways on the trailer, what seemed like 200mm.....😬.   My daughter said “did you see THAT....”.  Looked a bit suss, straps a bit loose?

Tbh dunno , by the time I’d done a full day in the cup car then got creamed by the storm on the 4 ht trip back home I was so far out of it by the time I docked,  I just threw it in the corner and left it there hitched and on the trailer and fell into bed .... will check In Am 😬

What an awesome day!!! A bit dusty in the morning.. Thx Arnie! First session was a bit of a disaster, but by the 3rd and 4th sessions, started improving, learning the track and getting the suspension and tyre settings right. I officially love Winton now. Once you start nailing some late apexes, Winton becomes really enjoyable.. Beats the hell out of sandown anyway... The cars, the people, the weather and t h e track... Fantastic. Thx again Hugh and sven for setting this up... How about another one just after Easter? 

10 hours ago, DJM said:

I was following you up Wooralla Dve, Mt Eliza around 7:50pm yesterday and when you clipped the kerb of the small roundabout at the top of the hill, the GT3 hopped sideways on the trailer, what seemed like 200mm.....😬.   My daughter said “did you see THAT....”.  Looked a bit suss, straps a bit loose?

Hope the car’s OK

Strapping  cars is tricky.  I use the over the wheel system where the strap loops over the tyre.  That stops any chance of movement or loosening of straps.

The other trick is to make sure that if you’re looping through the wheel, you loop so that the strap is positioned centrally and will not allow for any wheel rotation.  Looking at the photo of the car above, it’s a little blurry but the left rear strap might be a little high and with movement on the trailer, could have allowed the wheel to rotate backwards thus loosening the strap  

Not intended as a criticism - I’ve been there ... ☹️

On 13/01/2021 at 08:02, Skidmarks said:

Perhaps we have a session for cars from the 50’s and 60’s, 70 and 80’s and so on?

Would be well worthwhile...... Porsche ownership is a broad church with a broad spectrum of cars and car speeds.....

with a good group, with the right attitude (ie it’s not for sheep stations) such a day would be immense fun.... the old C3 and reedminor might even be tempted.

I assume club cams license is needed?

Jr

1 hour ago, Skidmarks said:

Hope the car’s OK

Strapping  cars is tricky.  I use the over the wheel system where the strap loops over the tyre.  That stops any chance of movement or loosening of straps.

The other trick is to make sure that if you’re looping through the wheel, you loop so that the strap is positioned centrally and will not allow for any wheel rotation.  Looking at the photo of the car above, it’s a little blurry but the left rear strap might be a little high and with movement on the trailer, could have allowed the wheel to rotate backwards thus loosening the strap  

Not intended as a criticism - I’ve been there ... ☹️

Car seems to be fine , just let go one of the crappy bonded coolant hoses , so I guess it’s time to drop the engine and redo them all going forward ... my own fault for not trailering up in the first place and putting a jinx on it !!

yeah exactly that I think , looking at it this Am it’s rotated the wheel ever so slightly putting a bit of slack into the strapping .... note to self for next time ! 

On 13/01/2021 at 08:02, Skidmarks said:

Thinking more about this, as someone with only a watercooled GT car, given that we weren't far off 40 cars as it was, without NSW or Canberra participants, and being a little protective of the GT3 patch, I wonder whether we shouldn't keep this particular event predominantly for GT cars???  If there is sufficient interest, perhaps someone else might put their hands up to arrange a similar event at another time for aircooled or non GT cars?  We already have an all encompassing 3 day event (Luftwasser 2021) coming up soon, thanks to @Stew F and his co-organisers, so perhaps lets keep Cars & Cabernet for GT and similar cars.

Attendance at this years event cost me in excess of $1000 for boat fare etc, let alone foregoing a day's professional fees from work , but I'm not so sure i'd commit to this cost to attend a broader 1 day event next year.  And for the avoidance of doubt, I am coming back over for Luftwasser, as this is an event encompassing all models (bar SUVs), and the 3 day event has an entirely different focus.  Different events with different focus, where I will enjoy meeting owners of ALL other Porsche cars 🙂

Hope this doesn't ruffle too many feathers.......🙂

49 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Thinking more about this, as someone with only a watercooled GT car, given that we weren't far off 40 cars as it was, without NSW or Canberra participants, and being a little protective of the GT3 patch, I wonder whether we shouldn't keep this particular event predominantly for GT cars???  If there is sufficient interest, perhaps someone else might put their hands up to arrange a similar event at another time for aircooled or non GT cars?  We already have an all encompassing 3 day event (Luftwasser 2021) coming up soon, thanks to @Stew F and his co-organisers, so perhaps lets keep Cars & Cabernet for GT and similar cars.

Attendance at this years event cost me in excess of $1000 for boat fare etc, let alone foregoing a day's professional fees from work , but I'm not so sure i'd commit to this cost to attend a broader 1 day event next year.  And for the avoidance of doubt, I am coming back over for Luftwasser, as this is an event encompassing all models (bar SUVs), and the 3 day event has an entirely different focus.  Different events with different focus, where I will enjoy meeting owners of ALL other Porsche cars 🙂

Hope this doesn't ruffle too many feathers.......🙂

the main reason i am not a member of the Porsche Club Victoria , but a member of the PFA is the inclusiveness of all things Porsche. Having been a member of various car clubs for around 25 years , i find the more separate groups emerge  and people get excluded , the spirit of the idea of likeminded people come together, seems to disappear. On the other hand it is a great thing to voice opinions and ideas freely. So , 'no feathers ruffled' , just my thoughts.:P