STUTT’FEST 2022

Skidmarks

2 hours ago, RwGreeny said:

Ahhhhh damn it!!! So it turns out I’ve purchased these for no reason. I figured they would be good for at least a second a lap. Seems as though I just can’t get a break at the moment

501DD204-2E1D-4880-8F26-51CD827392CB.jpeg

First warning

1 hour ago, hugh said:

I’ve got the PJ’s to match. 

You're on 3rd n final warning

On 05/01/2021 at 06:12, Peter John said:

Hey Pete! An idea was to head up either the Hume Donnybrook servo from 6am or go a little more exciting route via Mansfield starting from Clifton Hill. 

PM with contact details sent - Thanks ;)

Just a reminder for those attending ... either as drivers or if you’re rolling up for a look.

At the moment we have 35 cars.  All of them, to quote the great Walter “very tasty”. 

An indicative schedule for the day:-

Gates open

7:00

Sign in 

7:00-8:00

Drivers Briefing 

8:30

Introduction for new drivers to the circuit 

8:45

Session 01

9:30

Session 02

10:30

Session 03

11:30

Lunch

12:30-1:30

Session 04

1:30

Session 05

2:30

Session 06

3:30

Each session will comprise of 3 x 20min running time for each group (A, B & C).

This may be subject to change throughout the day. 

See you there!

22 hours ago, hugh said:

I’ve got the PJ’s to match. 

If they’re cotton, good to go.

That’s a dare BTW ...

6 hours ago, vin said:

Wow... haven’t logged into the forum for months and there is a complete trackfest at Winton organised. Enjoy and post pics 👍👍

if you didn’t manage to lockdown PCM’s photographer, the local guy Karl up there is really good...

https://www.optikal.com.au/aboutme

cheers

C8605DF9-A5EA-4A8E-B518-BC220F778C98.jpeg

D6354E41-EB17-415B-B37F-7FC87704C5AF.jpeg

There’s still room at the Inn ...

Update

Hi all.

Only 2 sleeps to go ...

Looking at the weather, its going to be 30+ degrees on the day which will be great.

However, with that comes a couple of tips that, at the risk of sounding like your mum, I think are worth sharing.

First - hydrate.  If you do each session in full, you’ll be on the track for 2 hours.  When it’s 30 outside, it’ll be 50 inside the car.  Even in the more modern examples.

Start upping your water intake today.  OK, you’ll piss a little more often than usual but hey, a little system flush won’t hurt ...

Also, hydration doesn’t mean upping the number of morning coffee’s or the beer count on Friday night!!

Its a safety thing.  No one needs fatigue as a result of being even mildly dehydrated.  Shit happens.  I’ve seen it.

The other thing - pace yourself.  There’ll be plenty of track time so ease into it.  Use the first couple of sessions to get your bearings, see how you and the car work together and assess if the car drops off in any area during a session.

We’ll have a couple of guys on hand to help out if there are minor niggles or issues that we can attend to to keep things going for you - if for instance you get a long pedal and we can quickly need to do a brake bleed for you.  Could be a good idea to check your fluid levels before you head off.

That’s it for now.

To the organisers..@skidmarks et al..

Guys, this is incredible-

Track, skidpans, fuel , garages, hotels, convoys,  photographers, food, wine, dinners, lunches, breakfasts, techs on site....etc...etc... 

A truly monumental effort!!!  I am astounded at what started as a simple track day and has morphed into a massive boys weekend.

My hat goes off to you.... and if in the excitement of this weekend I forget to mention it..A MASSIVE THANK YOU....for everything...

Duttons Cafe still good for brekkie?  Thinking I will get off the boat and go there for brekkie tomorrow morning.  Open by 7.30?

Will have a few hours to kill before meeting up for the convoy, thinking Duttons, then PCM for a look etc.  Getting excited to be able to put faces and real names to forum members.....

10 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Duttons Cafe still good for brekkie?  Thinking I will get off the boat and go there for brekkie tomorrow morning.  Open by 7.30?

Will have a few hours to kill before meeting up for the convoy, thinking Duttons, then PCM for a look etc.  Getting excited to be able to put faces and real names to forum members.....

Dutton will be ok, after that excitement you could go to St Kilda , Acland street for early lunch , we meet 2 pm Macca Lilydale if you want to drive inland with a group.

7 minutes ago, reedminor said:

Planning to drive up at sparrows on Saturday morning from Melbourne.

I'll be there in a tyre kicking , and tall- tale telling capacity only.

I'll be in my 1977 Carrera 3.0

Justin

I’ll be leaving from near corner of wattletree and Kooyong Rd in Armadale the Saturday morning if that’s on your way 

1 hour ago, GT3LOUI said:

Arnie, managed to get out early so will be heading up Friday arvo now, staying at Top of the town.

Is is too late to tack on for dinner at Northo mate?

No problem, I booked more seats than confirmed and spoke to them about +\- 5 people or so. They are cool with it . Are you thinking taking of with our group from Lilydale? I thought I’ll show the out of towners Chum Creek on the way up .😄I am also staying in The Top of The Town!! What is your preferred sign off drink?

19 minutes ago, Simonk said:

Saturday morning crew, how about meet at Donnybrook Shell at 5:45am with the aim of departing at 6am. Maps is saying it 1hour50 from there to Winton. I might need to think about petrol closer to Winton so I’ve got enough for the track. 

I will do my best to get there for dark o’clock...

Does it have a Maccas? I’ll need coffee 😂