STUTT’FEST 2022

Skidmarks

13 hours ago, Arne Krix said:

I'll check out local options and post them for choice. 

Northo is the way to go. Just spoke to them . We MUST book ahead. They are crazy busy. I booked for up to 20 people , but the Hotel needs confirmed numbers. Booking is for Friday 8/1/21 @ 7pm. Please reconfirm numbers over the next 48 hours. I call the Hotel again no later than  Friday night and have to confirm numbers.

Anybody who stays Saturday night as well should make prior arrangements for dinner , no matter where you go. This is the advise I was given by the local chap from the 'Northo ' Hotel.

At the moment it looks like 15 people , or close enough , for dinner.

I am about to cancel my Glider City reservation, if it is of use to anyone please contact me, I am sure I can have them re-allocate the booking to you, or re-book you upon my cancellation.... it was highly subscribed for those dates when I booked, its for Friday through to Sunday. 

1 hour ago, Arne Krix said:

Northo is the way to go. Just spoke to them . We MUST book ahead. They are crazy busy. I booked for up to 20 people , but the Hotel needs confirmed numbers. Booking is for Friday 8/1/21 @ 7pm. Please reconfirm numbers over the next 48 hours. I call the Hotel again no later than  Friday night and have to confirm numbers.

Anybody who stays Saturday night as well should make prior arrangements for dinner , no matter where you go. This is the advise I was given by the local chap from the 'Northo ' Hotel.

Hey Arne, count me in for Friday night booking at the ‘Northo’ Hotel 👍

3 hours ago, Arne Krix said:

Confirming me as one of those please!

Looks like things are shaping up nicely ...

I confirmed breakfast and all day coffee is sorted FOC.  Lunch maybe also depending on how much money we have left in the tin.

Now for some logistics.

Everyone get a garage.  We’ll work out who goes where but if you simply cant live without being with someone ... let Hugh know.

The idea is to mix the deck and get people mixing.   

One of the plans was to have a BBQ at days end but I’m not sure I can make that happen- and it appears that many are staying local on the Saturday night so will have dinner sorted.

But the Cabernet will still feature.  I’ll hit the budget up for nibbles to go with the Cabernet.  We’ll also have beers (light and heavy).

Can I ask for any volunteers to help hit the local Woolworths for the nibbles and beer?

Speaking of volunteers, is anyone up for a little marshalling and organising first up?

Winton will manage sessions etc but we may need a few bodies in the morning.

After that it’s going to be pretty cruisey.

We might also need a couple of people on the skid pan.  Not sure if we can get a hold of witches hats for a bit of a course but we’ll ask Winton.

Please also send in your disclaimers.

Other than that, see you all there.  

8 hours ago, Arne Krix said:

Lock me in mate

On 30/12/2020 at 10:16, Arne Krix said:

Arne please book a spot for Friday night x 2

2 hours ago, LeeM said:

Reckon they were passed their use by date a while ago Pete 😳

Only 4000 KMs.  They were wearing ok Lee, but left rear toe-in adjustment went out ( ripple strip??) which put setting right out - steering wheel noticeably off centre.  Let's just say a 350 km veryu quick run in company with our GT3 gruppe put paid to any further milage from those tyres😁

12 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Only 4000 KMs.  They were wearing ok Lee, but left rear toe-in adjustment went out ( ripple strip??) which put setting right out - steering wheel noticeably off centre.  Let's just say a 350 km veryu quick run in company with our GT3 gruppe put paid to any further milage from those tyres😁

Damn that is some brutal tyre wear! I had mine go out on my 987 but caught it early, I have a bad habit jumping curbs.

You grab the locking kit as well to go with the adjustable toe arm? 

https://www.tarett.com/items/986-987-981-718-products/986-987-981-718-suspension/986-987-981-718-control-arms/locking-plate-kit-996-993-t-link-lkplt01-detail.htm

1 hour ago, rego said:

Damn that is some brutal tyre wear! I had mine go out on my 987 but caught it early, I have a bad habit jumping curbs.

You grab the locking kit as well to go with the adjustable toe arm? 

https://www.tarett.com/items/986-987-981-718-products/986-987-981-718-suspension/986-987-981-718-control-arms/locking-plate-kit-996-993-t-link-lkplt01-detail.htm

Yep, my mechanic asked me to get those too!!!

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Mine did a similar thing on the fronts with some neg camber. Great for quicker/easier steering, but crap for tyre longevity 😁 Mine weren't semi slick/R comp tyres too, so I imagine they would wear out to the canvas much quicker

17 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

C&C preparation, 2 new rear tyres on today, Rennline / Tarrett rear toe-in adjusters ordered just before Xmas, arrived yesterday and going in Monday to prevent premature wear on the new rears

IMG20201231110028 (Small).jpg

IMG20201231110021 (Small).jpg

I had this exact thing happen on my 996 GT3 after hitting a curb during a spin on my first track day with the car. The bounce on landing knocked the rear left toe to an outward position (read: not fun on a GT3 in any case especially when you’re new to the car). It was certainly a baptism of fire! Rennline lockout fixed the problem. 

C2B964D6-BA72-4FF7-AADB-2C4BDDB9B386.jpeg

4 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Has me a little worried about Winton.....

Nah you'll be right Pete. As I've mentioned before, just suss out where the walls are (T2 & 3 and maybe 4 if you're on it) and the run off areas where you can get on it a bit more. 

I'm unfortunately a late withdrawal. Was holidaying in NSW and didn't manage to get back to VIC until Jan 1. Now have 14 day mandatory home lock down.  Been tested, no symptoms, but thought it best to follow the rules and not risk everyone's health.  Have a belter everyone. Post lots of photos!!!!

4 hours ago, DavidW•GT3• said:

I'm unfortunately a late withdrawal. Was holidaying in NSW and didn't manage to get back to VIC until Jan 1. Now have 14 day mandatory home lock down.  Been tested, no symptoms, but thought it best to follow the rules and not risk everyone's health.  Have a belter everyone. Post lots of photos!!!!

That's a bugger.  I'm just hoping the drawbridge stays down across our moat, and that I can can get back to Tassie without quarantining.  Next 4 days will be interesting.....