Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

I would've joined the old farts were I not in the garage fettling. 

As for being elite, isn't that when one is shown to be better than the rest?   Surely getting out with your mates and enjoying your Sunday is setting a great example for all of us.  

Bravo lads.  

What were you fettling in the garage? New mods?

Sydney rain stoped for all of 5 mins.. so I took my dog for a drive in the GT3 just around the local hood. 

Ah yes Sydney, and all that rain.....:o

Melbourne has just had three weeks of perfect weather 28 to 32.B)    

Great one day...even greater the next..:P

I like your local hood by the way.    

Ah yes Sydney, and all that rain.....:o

Melbourne has just had three weeks of perfect weather 28 to 32.B)    

Great one day...even greater the next..:P

I like your local hood by the way.    

I've always maintained that Melbourne in March is great for weather! 

Yes its not a bad neighbourhood, getting a little crowded lately though. 

I took this

jEMWg1R.jpg

down to Phillip Island yesterday for the historic races and saw this

Bz6zSxg.jpg

Worth the trip alone.

It would have been far more impressive if you had said .....

"I took this to Phillip Island yesterday, swapped it with some random dude and came home in this" ..... ?

To @T-Man, @D-banger, @StevepGT3, @Niko.....    Just letting you know I'm having big time SMT withdrawal symptoms, the philbee hotrod is pining for the fjords! Well, at least reefton!  Very envious of your mini-SMT and brekky at marysville to cap it off!!  Hope I can join in next time round. Maybe I need to eat hang out at maccas in tecoma more often....  :wacko:

To @T-Man, @D-banger, @StevepGT3, @Niko.....    Just letting you know I'm having big time SMT withdrawal symptoms, the philbee hotrod is pining for the fjords! Well, at least reefton!  Very envious of your mini-SMT and brekky at marysville to cap it off!!  Hope I can join in next time round. Maybe I need to eat hang out at maccas in tecoma more often....  :wacko:

Hi @Philbee @Harvs11 @jb84911, @GUT,

My car was stored at a factory that recently had a fire that destroyed 5 other cars.  I only got access to it on Saturday and wanted to take it for a bit of a shakedown to see if there was any non cosmetic damage.

This was just a last minute late "who's available" situation as part of my sense of relief after the near death experience for the 993.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/moorabbin-cartowing-business-gutted-in-suspicious-blaze/news-story/3d0bf5fae90205a33c8f4645c4ef0b97

Maybe end of April for the next Vic SMT.

Edited by D-banger
Add link

My car was stored at a factory that recently had a fire that destroyed 5 other cars.  I only got access to it on Saturday and wanted to take it for a bit of a shakedown to see if there was any non cosmetic damage.

This was just a last minute late "who's available" situation as part of my sense of relief after the near death experience for the 993.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/law-order/moorabbin-cartowing-business-gutted-in-suspicious-blaze/news-story/3d0bf5fae90205a33c8f4645c4ef0b97

Pleased to hear that your car was not one of the ones destroyed. Heartbreakingly my friend's recently-acquired 997 wasn't so fortunate and was unsalvageable. I know a very famous and successful competition 911 was also stored there amongst many other noteworthy Porsches. It was entered for Phillip Island on the weekend but was a no show. I am hoping it also didn't suffer the same fate.

Edited by tdc911

All good Doug - I wasn't fishing for an invite - I'm all for random, last minute and small group drives. We all do them :)

That's bad news about the fire. Glad your car escaped. Makes you think twice about how to choose car storage.

Edited by GUT

My car was stored at a factory that recently had a fire that destroyed 5 other cars.  

Doug... not a worry.Glad to hear you survived. Was it the black baby LLV?

Yep, end of april would suit me too. Not saturday 22nd but I'm ok for sunday 23rd and following weekend (29, 30th) good. But what's the protocol...? should I wait for the "forum execs" to post or can a mug like me throw one in. 

should I wait for the "forum execs" to post or can a mug like me throw one in. 

Anyone can put up an SMT to my knowledge...  give it a go..

I think i hold the record for losing drivers in the shortest time...

Don't think we covered 2kms before I lost Harvs  :P

So I managed to set a new standard that shouldn't be too hard to beat.

Drove down to Phillip Island for the historic racing. Along the way called into the Holden Museum at Trafalgar.

On the way home went to HSV  and Walkinshaw Racing, also got to see the car collection at GMH and some of the prototype/ experimental

equipment from over the years. Made a pit stop at Southern Rod and Custom in Shepparton, was blown away at the quality (read cost) of the cars 

being restored. Last stop was the Shepparton Motor Museum. Over 2500k's in 6 days.

Dominic.

Drove down to Phillip Island for the historic racing. Along the way called into the Holden Museum at Trafalgar.

On the way home went to HSV  and Walkinshaw Racing, also got to see the car collection at GMH and some of the prototype/ experimental

equipment from over the years. Made a pit stop at Southern Rod and Custom in Shepparton, was blown away at the quality (read cost) of the cars 

being restored. Last stop was the Shepparton Motor Museum. Over 2500k's in 6 days.

Dominic.

Dom old son, old bean..... what the...? Are you going around australia?

Also, XU-1? Is that an old torana? orange? 

Cradle Mountain to Bicheno via Mole Creek, Sheffield, Launceston, Scottsdale, St Helens, and Ironhouse Bay.  About 400km.

Yesterday we did Devonport to cradle mountain via Zeehan, Strahan, Queenstown and Lake Plimsoll. About 500km.

Epic road trip so far.

#targatour2017 on Instagram

Had to take my 7 yo to a birthday party this morning.  Just 15 minutes from home. 

Thing is, all week he'd been planning the ride there.

So, get up early, drive to the factory, drag out the car, lock it all up again.  1,5 hours round trip.

Come back cutting the time fine so he cracks it that the bow tie and jacket he planned for me to wear as "driver" didn't get a run.

Made me pull up direct out front of the venue for maximum impact.

The car? The 73 E.. "Pure style" to quote my son.

Made the flat battery, non functional power pack and jump starting off a battery which I didn't really know had any charge all worth it.

Taking my 11 yo to his mates house this afternoon and then cruising down Beach Rd with my 7 yo and wife prentding like I'm Steve McQueen.  OK, wrong color but it does have a sun roof!