Where did you drive your Porsche today?

Airhead

After a morning trip to Eltham decided a sneaky afternoon run was in order. Turned into quite the epic! Eltham > Kangaroo Ground > Panton Hill > Kinglake > Healesville (via Kinglake Healesville Road) > Marysville > Lake Mountain > Reefton > Warburton > Seville > Monbulk > Tecoma...

Knackered but a great afternoon of driving. Pretty much had the roads to myself. Have to say, on the rare occasion that you get a clean run through the Black Spur it's a stunning piece of black top.

King Lake to SevilleKing Lake to SevilleKing Lake to Seville

After a morning trip to Eltham decided a sneaky afternoon run was in order. Turned into quite the epic! Eltham > Kangaroo Ground > Panton Hill > Kinglake > Healesville (via Kinglake Healesville Road) > Marysville > Lake Mountain > Reefton > Warburton > Seville > Monbulk > Tecoma...

Knackered but a great afternoon of driving. Pretty much had the roads to myself. Have to say, on the rare occasion that you get a clean run through the Black Spur it's a stunning piece of black top.

King Lake to SevilleKing Lake to SevilleKing Lake to Seville

Your car is stunning, my perfect colour, so envious.

3.2 Carrera (and a Benz) to the German car day in Melbourne. Few other PFAers there. No pics as my camera had a non functioning day. Anyone know where I can get a Nikon D40 serviced?

For those that didn't stay the award for the best Porsche went to the black 914. Go figure.

No pics as my camera had a non functioning day. Anyone know where I can get a Nikon D40 serviced?

CAMERA CLINIC, 56 Easey Street, Collingwood.   9419 5247

cameraclinic.com.au

Been using them personally for years.   When I used to be gainfully employed we went through lots of camera damage.

They have had the contract for about 30 years with them.   They know what they are doing there.

Have a week off....Went for a spin up wellington rd on tuesday (the sun was out!) into them thar hills for a casual cruise around olinda, emerald, sassafras.... got cruising on the big sweeping turns (100 zone) before the foresty twisty sections and was behind 2 cars sitting on 90. Hmmm, will I blast past or sit and cruise? There was a big commodore cruising behind me, so I thought I'd sit quiet & not display the "ugly rich porsche hoon" look. A passing lane came up and the 2nd car took off. I sat back behind car #1. Not sure why but felt edgey about the commodore. We slowed (60 zone) and worked our way into olinda... or was that sassafras?  Anyway, cruising through the township, big cop shop on the left, commodore pulls in. Unmarked police car! (or off duty cop)

Bullet dodged me thinks... ;)

Have a week off....Went for a spin up wellington rd on tuesday (the sun was out!) into them thar hills for a casual cruise around olinda, emerald, sassafras.... got cruising on the big sweeping turns (100 zone) before the foresty twisty sections and was behind 2 cars sitting on 90. Hmmm, will I blast past or sit and cruise? There was a big commodore cruising behind me, so I thought I'd sit quiet & not display the "ugly rich porsche hoon" look. A passing lane came up and the 2nd car took off. I sat back behind car #1. Not sure why but felt edgey about the commodore. We slowed (60 zone) and worked our way into olinda... or was that sassafras?  Anyway, cruising through the township, big cop shop on the left, commodore pulls in. Unmarked police car! (or off duty cop)

Maybe you should be using the "Lucky Phil" tag this week rather than me.

They do hang around particularly near that Aura Vale Lake and Clematis area. It's very easy to open it up as you drive through there and they're onto it. 

Hadn't driven my BBC (BEWDIFUL BLACK CAYMAN..Don't be getting confused there you blokes)

for about 7 or 8 weeks, so I had to scratch that itch.

Decided to head off to the Island. 

Wasn't long before all the flat spots were out of the tyres, and that flat 6 was humming.  (Stick your 4cyl turbos.)

I again realised how much in love I am with this thing.  

(NOTE TO SELF..... I have to get this thing out more often) 

Had a chat and a great coffee at the Viet Vets Museum.

Then took advantage of the Island and weather and took a heap of photos of my Croc. 

Now I am going to bore the crap out of you with some of my self indulgent shots.    

Some Great places down there for photos.

My two big passions, driving my BBC and taking photos of Porsches...doesn't get any better.

Only downside of the drive is that the Bass Highway is a disgrace.   Pot holes everywhere.  

But they have done the "right thing" by painting yellow squares around them so at least you have a sporting chance of missing them.

IMG_2922IMG_2904

IMG_2949

IMG_2917

IMG_2957

IMG_2907

IMG_2882

IMG_2891

IMG_2886