Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

48 minutes ago, turboT said:

That price is just crazy & i can still pick a few things wrong with it (now I'm sounding like some people that call for my 77 930) 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1977/SSE-AD-5124429/?Cr=8

58 minutes ago, turboT said:

2 minutes ago, James P said:

That price is just crazy & i can still pick a few things wrong with it (now I'm sounding like some people that call for my 77 930) 

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-930-1977/SSE-AD-5124429/?Cr=8

Yup buy the one @James P has for sale and spend the $225k change on, well, take your pick!

On 10/12/2017 at 4:44 PM, symsy said:

Ask @JB about ownership he owns a peach of a car ,   I think the extra hip width is worth the dollar ... 

Thanks Symsy. Wanted an S originally but now having the 4S I haven’t looked back. A lot Less of them, turbo brakes and suspension, that wide track and oh that rear end ?.... plus it sticks to the road like  shit to a blanket.

yes they are slightly heavier but really in day to day your not going to notice it, and I’m don’t care if someone else is faster, or 50kgs lighter I’m enjoying the car. 

3 hours ago, JB said:

Thanks Symsy. Wanted an S originally but now having the 4S I haven’t looked back. A lot Less of them, turbo brakes and suspension, that wide track and oh that rear end ?.... plus it sticks to the road like  shit to a blanket.

yes they are slightly heavier but really in day to day your not going to notice it, and I’m don’t care if someone else is faster, or 50kgs lighter I’m enjoying the car. 

JB you probably know but let me know if I've read the wrong data - from the data I've read the S and the 4S both have the same brakes and suspension and track - except the 4S has wider rear tyres, 305's instead of 295's. Also the extra width on the rear hips is only about 22mm each side, is it really noticeable in conjunction with (I am sure) wider front guards probably about 15m each?

Silly merged posts!!!

Nice hotrod project at the right price, due diligence definately required for the possibly hidden rust beast that lurks within

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-911-coupe/282768436869?hash=item41d64fee85:g:uqUAAOSw-olaLkAj

Porsche-911-coupes-l1600.jpg

17 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Nice hotrod project at the right price, due diligence definately required for the possibly hidden rust beast that lurks within

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-911-coupe/282768436869?hash=item41d64fee85:g:uqUAAOSw-olaLkAj

s-l1600.jpg

Nothing possible about it .... I'd say its a dead cert! .... :unsure:

1 hour ago, edgy said:

Bull shit! This is the part where our knight in shining armour comes... @JonoF where art thou? save this 71... 

Easy fix! @edgy do you have some spare garage space for me? With the rust holes on this one, I'm not sure she'd survive being hidden around the streets of Paddington...

@Troubleshooter 

yeah the data is probably right, I think it’s just a eyesight thing.

the rears coupled with the body make the car look wider than it is? A proportion thing maybe?

for me those hips seem to stick out a little more in the rear mirrors more than an S but again could be a perception thing..

personally I don’t think you can go wrong with either!

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-Boxster-2011/SSE-AD-3341255/?_ga=2.188014254.761450871.1512871095-462745157.1512871095

Thoughts on this tyre kickers...Do I get a hair dressers license with the car?  Seems to be aggressively priced, but the k's are up.

Also how do you work out if a car has been to the track aside from talking to the owner?

5 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-Boxster-2011/SSE-AD-3341255/?_ga=2.188014254.761450871.1512871095-462745157.1512871095

Thoughts on this tyre kickers...Do I get a hair dressers license with the car?  Seems to be aggressively priced, but the k's are up.

Also how do you work out if a car has been to the track aside from talking to the owner?

Great cars and its a good price, especially given the warranty has been maintained - only 38 came here; yes the Ks are higher than you typically see on these but if it has been maintained like it sounds it has been that shouldn't be an issue - they are absolutely a drivers car

However, I am probably a little biased........

On 11 December 2017 at 9:45 AM, Pork Chops said:

Aww, I feel like I got to know Cyd reading that ad.  It's probably the first time I've looked at a cab and thought "why do I always ignore cabs".  Ok we've all been brainwashed to seek out sunroof delete coupes but it IS a manual 964, looks great, well looked after, lots of fun and it feels like the only sensibly priced 964 for a while.  

great ad!  Now who's going to give poor Cyd a new home. ?

6 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

What Porsche can you buy that would better that for thrills per $?  I reckon it's a cracker for the money.   Only $15k more than old mate Cyd and 21 years newer (and watercooled!)

Id imagine 12,000km per annum kept things ticking over as the maker intended and is likely to run beautifully for many years.  Id be more concerned about very low kms pointing to long periods of storage.  Personally I wouldn't care if it was tracked as long as PPI checks out.

10 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

I have the 987 Spyder getting a PPI tomorrow from Porsche Parramatta, fingers crossed it comes back clean! 

If not it would be covered under warranty according to the advert the warranty has been extended to 2019 so I suggest get your cheque book ready

On 13/12/2017 at 9:29 PM, cafe_racer said:

I have the 987 Spyder getting a PPI tomorrow from Porsche Parramatta, fingers crossed it comes back clean! 

If it turns out to have never been tracked - that’d be a shame! I hope you correct that if you buy it.