Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Ok, I know this appears to be at least half price and I thought as much when it first appeared Christmas time. Decided back then I wasn't in the market for this car, still not. No VIN? Roof welded on? Full of rust? all of the above?? What's the catch learned friends???

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1972/SSE-AD-4803135/?Cr=2

1972 Porsche 911 E Manual

33 minutes ago, crsedge said:

As per the advert- 'The only MFI 911 on the market sub six figures....'

The restoration costs alone, including at the bare minimum an engine refresh, will be more than six figures..

With a 5 grand tyrekick, = $160k? Would sell for $220 totally restored and all things considered (back to lefty or still converted?) What's a totally restored never fckd with Aust del worth?

10 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

Ok, I know this appears to be at least half price and I thought as much when it first appeared Christmas time. Decided back then I wasn't in the market for this car, still not. No VIN? Roof welded on? Full of rust? all of the above?? What's the catch learned friends???

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1972/SSE-AD-4803135/?Cr=2

Outlaw :ph34r:

16 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

With a 5 grand tyrekick, = $160k? Would sell for $220 totally restored and all things considered (back to lefty or still converted?) What's a totally restored never fckd with Aust del worth?

https://rennlist.com/articles/porsche-911-carrera-2-7-mfi-is-a-real-stunner/

Gaaahd someone just buy the damn thing! Under $60k for a 911 nowadays?? You can only improve the thing with a few dollars spent. $2000 would backdate it if you did the work yourself and turn it into a 72 RSR or ST clone. The days are gone finding a mint Oz delivered for the money people are wanting to spend, so your next and only option is a lefty or converted car. At that price, I'd put mine up as it is for $65k as a backdate (been offered $60k recently) or spend $10k on paint and get $75- $80k pretty easily.

A mate bought a forward dated 72 years ago, and did what I have done with backdating it as a hot rod, and he drives the hell out of it in the Classic Adelaide rally and in the hills on the weekends and doesn't have to worry about scratching it 

18 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

This been on off for sale for a long while . Offer $50?

Wouldn’t sell for 220k .. but 

Even in oz an oz E at present unless prodigiously EE cup endowed going to swing that money . 

Do as @Lee commands and @hugh beseeches - drive it rough and rowdy not bareback and do allow for 20-30 k fixin

i reckon  @symsy there’s a market for new trading site -  B.A.S, Bring a Snorkel. 

Im with @LeeM .. screw this restore shit .. its shagged for perfection plans , the markets overheated , done  and popped..

Restore Pffft  ..plenty better buying out there like the 98k T that sat for 6 months in Vic and sold last month.. way more original.

Way more driver and hotrod material , record a video of the engine running , do a leak down...sell it off to some MFI lover for parts , buy yourself a 3.6 or worked 3.4 pop it in and rip the hell out of it ..  You might get 15- 20k for the engine who knows ..  cheapest roller shell around and you could try smash up me old mate George up for a discount .    I have spoken to him , seems like a dude with his finger on the pulse with regards to reasonable values and sure he would want out by now at a fair dollar.

3 hours ago, LeeM said:

Gaaahd someone just buy the damn thing! Under $60k for a 911 nowadays?? You can only improve the thing with a few dollars spent. $2000 would backdate it if you did the work yourself and turn it into a 72 RSR or ST clone. The days are gone finding a mint Oz delivered for the money people are wanting to spend, so your next and only option is a lefty or converted car. At that price, I'd put mine up as it is for $65k as a backdate (been offered $60k recently) or spend $10k on paint and get $75- $80k pretty easily.

A mate bought a forward dated 72 years ago, and did what I have done with backdating it as a hot rod, and he drives the hell out of it in the Classic Adelaide rally and in the hills on the weekends and doesn't have to worry about scratching it 

My dream car in hiding or marriage ending fiasco.......Dansk you bastards....http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/Dansk-c142/

I've gotta stop looking at it...

Jim...

Wrong thread but being lazy.... I'm sure it's of interest

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/man-buys-new-porsche-loses-it-to-police-10-minutes-later-for-speeding-20180310-p4z3sm.html

Man buys a Porsche, loses it to police 10 minutes later

A wannabe race car driver may well have set a new – albeit unenviable – record in Melbourne.

10 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Wrong thread but being lazy.... I'm sure it's of interest

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/man-buys-new-porsche-loses-it-to-police-10-minutes-later-for-speeding-20180310-p4z3sm.html

Man buys a Porsche, loses it to police 10 minutes later

A wannabe race car driver may well have set a new – albeit unenviable – record in Melbourne.

Looks like he is due for a trade in already...

d806d80143.jpg

Did a PCB drive on Friday, guy behind me got done at 27km over limit the PC guys were nervous not sure what speed he was doing when clocked if it was going to go pear shaped on their 991.2 GTS4 with 150km on the clock ?

1 hour ago, symsy said:

Current bid $12,650, go the $20k King hit and get yourself a bargain ??. That would be a cool thing for an SMT, howling V6 bouncing off the cliffs

On 09/03/2018 at 12:54 PM, Troubleshooter said:

Ok .... who bought it ???