Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

11 hours ago, TINGY944 said:

Geebus.    $75,000 for a written off 993, with no mention of any engine work......or $94,993 for a clean 993 with top and bottom end engine rebuild and all the little things done.   Should be a no brainer.     Im getting more calls since I dropped the price, so if anyone is on the fence - get off it now and make contact.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-3681672/?Cr=0

7 hours ago, ByronBayChris said:

Geebus.    $75,000 for a written off 993, with no mention of any engine work......or $94,993 for a clean 993 with top and bottom end engine rebuild and all the little things done.   Should be a no brainer.     Im getting more calls since I dropped the price, so if anyone is on the fence - get off it now and make contact.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-3681672/?Cr=0

Love the ad @ByronBayChris  GLWS - wish I was in the market. 

25 minutes ago, Trimar666 said:

Anyone know of this car or familiar with the options? Something a little different.

http://autoexotica.com.au/index.php/listings/porsche-911-gemballa/

On 06/03/2018 at 10:46 PM, jaw said:

Thought I'd drop by and say hi :)

Wanted a 996 for years, just loved something about them since I was young! A couple of years ago I actually went to buy a Dodge Viper, and the sale fell through - ended up spotting a 996 in the corner, drove it back to back with a Maserati Grandsport and bought it on the sport. It really hit the spot but couldn't put my finger on why having driven a few C2 996's and 997 previously.

Bought it regardless and started finding some goodies. Turns out it had the X51 pack, as well as a few nice options such as suede headiner, aero front bar and three spoke steering wheel. It had a few Gemballa mods including Speedline rims, suspension (it's pretty low now but the handling and turn in feels razor sharp), spoiler, skirts, exhaust and remap.

Haven't bothered getting it on a dyno, as interesting as it would be, it never fails to put a smile on my face and I don't want to end up bolting turbos on chasing horsepower. It pulls relentlessly though and sounds absolutely immense between the fabspeed intake and gemballa exhaust.

Very tempted by a GT4 two years later but instead think I'm going to put some money into some GT2 seats, harnesses, wheel and maybe some 997 mirrors and a GT3 Carbon bonnet and just carry on loving it :D

snippet of the exhaust 

And the rear end..

21753005_10154656061326829_4264859597527

Anyway enough rambling.. Hi :)

33 minutes ago, Trimar666 said:

Anyone know of this car or familiar with the options? Something a little different.

http://autoexotica.com.au/index.php/listings/porsche-911-gemballa/

Also on gumtree:

https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/welshpool/cars-vans-utes/porsche-911-996-2000-rare-x51-gemballa-modifications/1178807929 

Looks tidy to me.

17 hours ago, Tips said:

@jaw was just over in Sydney testing the windy mountain roads in a Cayman S, maybe he got bitten by the mid engine bug?

bitten hard :D found it difficult to put a price on without being able to find much similar on the market so it's a bit of a 'happy to keep it' price - but thought I'd test the water before I spend money on some GT2 seats as I'm lusting over a GT4 or Spyder pretty hard now! Think it will come down to whether it sells before I find a good pair of seats (and a yellow GT4 becomes available) or not :)

8 minutes ago, jaw said:

bitten hard :D found it difficult to put a price on without being able to find much similar on the market so it's a bit of a 'happy to keep it' price - but thought I'd test the water before I spend money on some GT2 seats as I'm lusting over a GT4 or Spyder pretty hard now!

Looks very nice - (even in speed yellow :rolleyes:) nah I'm a fan, yellow all good with me! Nice touches the rims, exhaust and kit, don't often see a nicely cosmetically hotted 996 and has the X51 etc so a fitting improvement. Will be interesting to see how it sells ...

30 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Looks very nice - (even in speed yellow :rolleyes:) nah I'm a fan, yellow all good with me! Nice touches the rims, exhaust and kit, don't often see a nicely cosmetically hotted 996 and has the X51 etc so a fitting improvement. Will be interesting to see how it sells ...

Thanks :D I imagine it will take a while for the right person to come across it, but I'm still in love with it though so certainly not complaining if that's the case!