Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

15 minutes ago, ANF said:

Any car can be trouble, the humble 911 is known for the odd issue or two :P

Not a fan of S4 updates on early 928 and certainly affects value, but each to their own.

Does not say when the $35k was spent.....

I will cancel my appointment..

I think this guy actually had both for sale at one point,  but that's going on my bad memory. 

12k is cheap but what's the cost of getting it up to speed? 

Peeling paint can be handled,  leaking oil and pieces falling on the ground is harder to cope with

5 minutes ago, ByronBayChris said:

Another shameless repost.  Interest from overseas at the moment .   Apparently it is quite well priced in their market.  I would like to see it stay here, but......

NotSo Urban Outlaw   .. you can get away with a few more and then you have to start a thread about your cat or something  ;) 

Should I buy it? hmmmm special model with the blocked air intake option! may be a little overpriced at $45000? 

Make: Porsche  Model: 911  Variant: TURBO S  Body Type: Convertible 
Year: 2017 Kilometres: 26630 Transmission: Automatic Drive Train: All Wheel Drive 
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/albany-creek/cars-vans-utes/porsche-must-go-asap-/1179786951
Porsche was my pride and joy but needs to go ASAP need money for business opportunity today please phone only thankyou
$_20.JPG

10 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Should I buy it? hmmmm special model with the blocked air intake option! may be a little overpriced at $45000? 

Make: Porsche  Model: 911  Variant: TURBO S  Body Type: Convertible 
Year: 2017 Kilometres: 26630 Transmission: Automatic Drive Train: All Wheel Drive 
https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/albany-creek/cars-vans-utes/porsche-must-go-asap-/1179786951
Porsche was my pride and joy but needs to go ASAP need money for business opportunity today please phone only thankyou
$_20.JPG

Well it looks like you waited 10 mins too long, as it is already marked as sold?

I'm going with not. The owner could have put three times the amount on the car and still sold very quickly. The days of people not at least having a rough idea what they have is worth is gone. I'll go find a hat to eat if this car was actually sold for $45k.

3 hours ago, bear924 said:

I'm going with not. The owner could have put three times the amount on the car and still sold very quickly. The days of people not at least having a rough idea what they have is worth is gone. I'll go find a hat to eat if this car was actually sold for $45k.

Plenty of hats at my place but I don’t think you will be eating any.

20 hours ago, jakroo said:

I think this guy actually had both for sale at one point,  but that's going on my bad memory. 

12k is cheap but what's the cost of getting it up to speed? 

Peeling paint can be handled,  leaking oil and pieces falling on the ground is harder to cope with

Its $35,000 away from being a $40,000 car

Yeah okay.   So 40 less 35 is 5 which is a calculated break-even  purchase price.  Actual asking price is 12.  Overpayment at full asking price is 12 less 5 which is 7....too much for this PFA crowd.

What we need is Symsy to wander down there,  give the seller the calcs above and talk him down to giving us the car and giving us 3k towards fixing it.  That way,  it'll only cost us 37 to get a 40 car. 

PFA 'lowball' in action..... 

22 minutes ago, D2000 said:

Yes priced rather cheaply with all those added on extras as well, my guess is there's a wrecked high optioned donor S somewhere ... 

On 3/23/2018 at 10:04 PM, GUT said:

So what is it that is so compelling about that one that sells it in a day compared to this one which looks like a beautiful car:

Is it the MFI, the viper green, the Aus delivery?

Good question Gut - I was hoping for some insights myself.

Anyways, thanks for providing an opportunity to post another link to my ad. Heavens - doing so appears to even have the support of symsy!

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1973/SSE-AD-5330281/?Cr=6

I'm speculating the order would be:

1) Aus delivery/LHD

2) MFI

3) Colour - I can understand some may have a passion for viper green but I think others are impartial, and some (like me) may prefer light ivory,. Then again, I clearly have a biased view.

Whilst not dismissing the qualities of the Aussie viper green car, one does not have to be a Porsche aficionado to have judged from the photos it is not in the same league.

Of course, others may have a different view so I welcome any comments, critiques, compliments, referrals, whatever....

I'm particularly intrigued to garner thoughts of the "right" LHD discount.

Cheers,

Stuart

Stuart   @us72t.. glad I can achieve such acknowledgement and be bestowed as having such a role of influence and get such an honorary mention;)  . I never realised my ramblings were being watched by so many lurkers.. waiting for commentary on perceived value and  positioning someone else car..

You raise some good questions, what we do have is a good reference now of what people will run to as a reference price in a slow market. As im personally still looking for a few prize pieces , I am very interested in in these kind of transactions.

I reckon you hit the nail on the head, I personally love White.. so you got me ..but very valid comparisons 

1) Aus delivery/LHD , 2) MFI , 3) Colour - I can understand some may have a passion for viper green

Perhaps also the draw cards maybe

4) general long term ownership  5)originality 6) Known by respected owners/enthusiasts     PS IM not invited to those catchups ;)

I feel a large proportion of the market moves, outside the forums and carsales and at least 50%+ of the cars on here are just a poked on the forum as an apprenticeship to being qualified as Master Keyboard Warrior.  If you look at the recent activity on the 930 values and the yearly round up Dec/Jan , you will see the bullshit to buy factor and closure ratios are very low off this page.

The viper car was privately discussed a week to ten days prior it appearing on CS.  The immediate reaction from a solid owner and buyer  I know was LOVE. Hopefully the new owner joins PFA and can give it his own rave and share its qualities.

So with that said .. Is your car known by those around in the real scene and not just fakebook, instaglaming or forum blabbering. I ask as I personally value the network of owners who engage beyond the virtual world. My ethos is buy em, own em , drive em, look after em,  love em.  I very much take my buying and looking to  actions calling , looking and getting involved and my information beyond the internet. I am also a die hard advocate and enabler, looking almost every week for others or supporting newbies get through buying procrastinations.

Value discussion and prices is majority BS and hard to ascertain, unless your actually at the table shaking hands on a deal. 

Stunning and honest cars, almost speak for themselves and I generally ask inside myself at what price would you run to get the deposit and or what cars really make you move quick.  Once you get to that position as a buyer or seller and the anxiety questions cease.. the gap really is normally very obvious in the buy and sell.  Maybe my bluntness and comments have a certain ring of truth and reality that some dont like.  It means some wont buy a car from me or think that I give buyers a hard time, im ok with that, im looking for my value and entitled and I have some very happy new owners of my cars.

PS A few told me your a fastidious owner and your car is super clean and you are a great guy - Hopefully the lurkers will take me serious when I make this comment. GLWS.

I hear GUT  bought some parts from ya , but we wont count that as a referral cos , he's got more parts than any of us!!

You evidently have taste with your other choice of Pcar.

Tent for sale here. Very low km but $125k seems a fair whack? There was another white PDK (private sale, with more kms) here in Sydney that sat on Carsales for a long time until It drifted down into the $80's before selling... This does look like a very nice one nonetheless.

13 minutes ago, JWM said:

Tent for sale here. Very low km but $125k seems a fair whack? There was another white PDK (private sale, with more kms) here in Sydney that sat on Carsales for a long time until It drifted down into the $80's before selling... This does look like a very nice one nonetheless.

@Ozvino old ride?