Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

On 03/04/2018 at 2:50 PM, Ozvino said:

I have been told that the Sydney car had lead a different life and wasn't the most pristine example - good 987 Spyders will be $100k plus cars. Only 37 came to Australia, they are one of the rarest Porsches that have been sold in Australia for a long time. 

My car was showroom condition, number 1 of 37, only 12,000km and still under warranty - purchased by my from Alan Hamilton, the only previous owner

Seems the originally sold one has popped back up with the original seller...Must have been some issue with the sale.

spyder.jpg

3 minutes ago, turboT said:

Must be the end of summer. Used Camping gear all over gumtree?

You know it!

Though in truth, having now tasted cab life, I think they're better suited to winter than summer. Cabs too damn hot for mid summer. Roof off, heat on, mid winter, night drive FTW.

Done the right thing and bought myself a membership :) 

So here's my 911L I have for sale.  Feel free to kick it about - I do want to sell it so happy to have it constructively critiqued and advice appreciated on whether to separate off the additional SWB parts.  Nothing to hide, so please feel free to ask any questions about it.

Cheers

John

20 hours ago, nbauto said:

Good find!

First one I've seen up privately. Lightly optioned spec, I'm guessing this was originally on the road new for around $365k, so not a huge premium really.

EDIT: maybe closer to $370-380k originally

10 hours ago, itsujack said:

Good find!

First one I've seen up privately. Lightly optioned spec, I'm guessing this was originally on the road new for around $365k, so not a huge premium really.

Is the light spec such a crime??  I know if your the first owner you would get exactly want , but if you had the choice and wasnt on the golden ticket list.. whats missing , that would break your heart.

For me I just couldnt have black.. love the look just not to own..

Very interesting to see these cars without the premiums that 911R owners achieved and nicely shows perhaps more of a passion marketplace, returning to the owners/enthusiasts that want them , rather than people just collecting big ticket /scarce cars to flip them.  There have been two cars now sold or being put out there at a reasonable dollar , or have there been more?

21 minutes ago, symsy said:

Is the light spec such a crime??  I know if your the first owner you would get exactly want , but if you had the choice and wasnt on the golden ticket list.. whats missing , that would break your heart.

For me I just couldnt have black.. love the look just not to own..

Very interesting to see these cars without the premiums that 911R owners achieved and nicely shows perhaps more of a passion marketplace, returning to the owners/enthusiasts that want them , rather than people just collecting big ticket /scarce cars to flip them.  There have been two cars now sold or being put out there at a reasonable dollar , or have there been more?

Just wait for the rates to move - they'll come flying out of the woodwork (along with everything else).

That car has more options than are listed as well. I don't understand why people do that. In the minimum it has folding buckets ~$9000 option, and leather steering wheel / shifter. It may also have optional wheels which are ~$5000, its hard to tell in the light in those photos.

The car has everything you need though - manual, buckets, done.

7 minutes ago, GUT said:

Ok dumb question...

Why would you buy a 911R over that GT3?

Collector - that is the only reason. The engine in the later GT3 isn't a bomb waiting to go off either (far as we know currently).

15 hours ago, nbauto said:

Why is a vac of the floor mats always an optional extra? Am I the only person who has a vac permanently setup in the garage ready for action on arrival? 

50 minutes ago, hugh said:

Why is a vac of the floor mats always an optional extra? Am I the only person who has a vac permanently setup in the garage ready for action on arrival? 

You're trying to sell a car at close to $400k and you can't vac the mats? First thing I noticed too.

1 hour ago, sleazius said:

You're trying to sell a car at close to $400k and you can't vac the mats? First thing I noticed too.

If you cant be bothered to vac the mats then my guess is you cant be bothered to wash it either? So, off to the supermarket we go for a $15 special on my 370k "black" GT3? At a minimum it always makes me question the character of the seller, hard to have confidence in their care or attention to detail if a 30 sec job is asking too much. 

Sorry, my rant over.............just always surprises me. Maybe I should just not be surprised anymore..............new GT3 is probably chump change to some and I'm just being picky! 

2 minutes ago, hugh said:

If you cant be bothered to vac the mats then my guess is you cant be bothered to wash it either? So, off to the supermarket we go for a $15 special on my 370k "black" GT3? At a minimum it always makes me question the character of the seller, hard to have confidence in their care or attention to detail if a 30 sec job is asking too much. 

Sorry, my rant over.............just always surprises me. Maybe I should just not be surprised anymore..............new GT3 is probably chump change to some and I'm just being picky! 

I agree. It always makes me wonder what else is neglected

16 hours ago, itsujack said:

Good find!

Similar spec to mine, was around 378k on road, so perhaps he's looking to just shift at cost..

4 hours ago, njb said:

Similar spec to mine, was around 378k on road, so perhaps he's looking to just shift at cost..

An allocation only GT car without massive premium, how refreshing!

10 hours ago, symsy said:

Is the light spec such a crime??  I know if your the first owner you would get exactly want , but if you had the choice and wasnt on the golden ticket list.. whats missing , that would

No Symsy, I think lightly speccing a GT is probably the way to go, particularly if as this chap, you are on selling quick. Was just stating to ascertain value to know if it's being sold with a premium, but sounds like it's close to cost. It's pretty easy to go over $400k race-away by ticking a few more options...

2 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

Fussy buggers you lot,the thing has only done 1k, not much time for neglect, maybe he hasn`t had time to get his man in to detail it.

He can send his secretary round to clean it I wiuld probably be ok with that or Im guessing he will have fired his aid by now.  Not sure these owners vacuum their cars