Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

A 996 turbo S manual has turned up for sale. Haven't seen once on CS for ages.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2005/SSE-AD-4041147/?Cr=1

Not silver, ceramics and lowish kms. Price seems to be in ball park.  Suspect those coiled looking for a manual 6 turbo will jump at this one.

2 minutes ago, bear924 said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-2005/SSE-AD-4041147/?Cr=1

Not silver, ceramics and lowish kms. Price seems to be in ball park.  Suspect those coiled looking for a manual 6 turbo will jump at this one.

Definitely would be looking at that before giving this guy a wing

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2001/SSE-AD-5275753

17 minutes ago, 901er said:

Definitely would be looking at that before giving this guy a wing

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-2001/SSE-AD-5275753

All it needs is a decklid, fuse box cover, original tail lights, original radio and some petrol because it's on the reserve... Haha 

20 minutes ago, Peter M said:

Also apparently very rare:

"One of only 4 manual Porsche 996 built in 2005"

:)

Turbo S world wide production in MY05 was 598 coupes and 960 cabs.  Let's presume that 50% of the couples delivered were manual, then there's approximately 300 turbo S coupes with a manual box in the world.  Normal and S type turbos were sold in MY05, however only 122 non S version were delivered world wide compared with about 12 000 MY 02 to 04. So I feel the claim in the ad of there being only 4 manual (I presume turbo) 996s built difficult to believe. Would believe it is only one of 4 996 manual turbos delivered to Australia in MY05 though as I'd guess total S turbos in Australia would be ~15.

41 minutes ago, Peter M said:

Also apparently very rare:

"One of only 4 manual Porsche 996 built in 2005"

:)

Don't think I've ever seen an MY05 996 before so maybe only Turbo S contined production while 997 Carreras were rolling out?

i know a guy (car dealer) that owned a White Turbo S for a short time and he didn't rate it, quite laggy apparently.  But that's easily fixed, cue @smit2100thesis.....

10 minutes ago, TrevMcRev said:

The Turbo S just jumped up to $172K

Found the free jousting sticks voucher in the glove box.

Nice car but really .. PCCB must be getting near end of service life.. and nearly all the 2005 cars were S , and lots and lots of cabs..

4 minutes ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

Swamped with calls? 

$172k gets you a lot of exotica.

Exotica or Rare cos they couldnt get the 997 out the door and had to clear the inventory.. 

I would say thats a 140k car.. would have sold for his earlier price.. I reckon it will sit now .. Port Mac .. middle of nowhere for viewers .. great if your a surfer.. of the board kind not internet kind

1 hour ago, DJM said:

Don't think I've ever seen an MY05 996 before so maybe only Turbo S contined production while 997 Carreras were rolling out?

i know a guy (car dealer) that owned a White Turbo S for a short time and he didn't rate it, quite laggy apparently.  But that's easily fixed, cue @smit2100thesis.....

MY05 included Cabs, GTs, Targa, 4S (couple and cab) and turbos. No standard Carrera coupes.  Have also heard that the S turbo is less responsive, would also agree that this could be sorted.

27 minutes ago, symsy said:

I would say thats a 140k car.. would have sold for his earlier price.. I reckon it will sit now .. Port Mac .. middle of nowhere for viewers .. great if your a surfer.. of the board kind not internet kind

Agree. It was originally listed at $136k if I recall correctly. To me that price included a ~$25k+ premium for the car being an S. At $172k I'd be going else where.

3 hours ago, bear924 said:

You haven't put a in an offer at 130k yet

2 hours ago, DJM said:

WHITE one in Sydney may have been wrapped heavily tweaked for sale at 125k in early 2015.  I inquired on black one with red interior in Bentleigh that was circa 137k with 30k  that went up to in price late 2015. 

Those K24 turbos in the turbo S  are the same as what your stock gt2 was running and what an X50 upgrade runs  about 450hp stock.  Definitely more larger than k16s as you note really laggy on stockish setup and  boost coming on at 4000rpm .  You can put a hybrid billet wheel and make some big power with rods but not a very useful power band in stock guise or modded as I see it.  

Would take the 997 turbo tweaked one for sale over that  996tt s  

51 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

You haven't put a in an offer at 130k yet

The thought had crossed my mind however seems it would have been a wasted effort.

Now I know this:

36 minutes ago, smit2100 said:

Those K24 turbos in the turbo S  are the same as what your stock gt2 was running and what an X50 upgrade runs  about 450hp stock.  Definitely more larger than k16s as you note really laggy on stockish setup and  boost coming on at 4000rpm .  You can put a hybrid billet wheel and make some big power with rods but not a very useful power band in stock guise or modded as I see it.  

Perhaps I should offer less than a standard turbo as it seems it might cost more than expected to get the car sorted.

23 minutes ago, bear924 said:

The thought had crossed my mind however seems it would have been a wasted effort.

Now I know this:

Perhaps I should offer less than a standard turbo as it seems it might cost more than expected to get the car sorted.

Perhaps You would just do a STEEL DISC CONVERSION   with 997 rotors, tune will reduce some lag along with anexhaust and leave it.

MUCH less  car  putting the S badge to the side compared to that 997 turbo for same sort of coin ( original asking)as I see it  Reckon you should follow up on that and confirm if it's sold and if not get on it or ask for next dibs if something falls over if it's been sold.  

The 997tt was on fb. Good post on the 997 enthusiasts group regarding condition if you’re really interested...

996tts at original asking was a steal. I called/sms/private called to no avail. The owner has realized its value and will play hardball I suspect.

On 4/2/2018 at 7:34 PM, symsy said:

Stuart   @us72t.. glad I can achieve such acknowledgement and be bestowed as having such a role of influence and get such an honorary mention;)  . I never realised my ramblings were being watched by so many lurkers.. waiting for commentary on perceived value and  positioning someone else car..

You raise some good questions, what we do have is a good reference now of what people will run to as a reference price in a slow market. As im personally still looking for a few prize pieces , I am very interested in in these kind of transactions.

I reckon you hit the nail on the head, I personally love White.. so you got me ..but very valid comparisons 

1) Aus delivery/LHD , 2) MFI , 3) Colour - I can understand some may have a passion for viper green

Perhaps also the draw cards maybe

4) general long term ownership  5)originality 6) Known by respected owners/enthusiasts     PS IM not invited to those catchups ;)

I feel a large proportion of the market moves, outside the forums and carsales and at least 50%+ of the cars on here are just a poked on the forum as an apprenticeship to being qualified as Master Keyboard Warrior.  If you look at the recent activity on the 930 values and the yearly round up Dec/Jan , you will see the bullshit to buy factor and closure ratios are very low off this page.

The viper car was privately discussed a week to ten days prior it appearing on CS.  The immediate reaction from a solid owner and buyer  I know was LOVE. Hopefully the new owner joins PFA and can give it his own rave and share its qualities.

So with that said .. Is your car known by those around in the real scene and not just fakebook, instaglaming or forum blabbering. I ask as I personally value the network of owners who engage beyond the virtual world. My ethos is buy em, own em , drive em, look after em,  love em.  I very much take my buying and looking to  actions calling , looking and getting involved and my information beyond the internet. I am also a die hard advocate and enabler, looking almost every week for others or supporting newbies get through buying procrastinations.

Value discussion and prices is majority BS and hard to ascertain, unless your actually at the table shaking hands on a deal. 

Stunning and honest cars, almost speak for themselves and I generally ask inside myself at what price would you run to get the deposit and or what cars really make you move quick.  Once you get to that position as a buyer or seller and the anxiety questions cease.. the gap really is normally very obvious in the buy and sell.  Maybe my bluntness and comments have a certain ring of truth and reality that some dont like.  It means some wont buy a car from me or think that I give buyers a hard time, im ok with that, im looking for my value and entitled and I have some very happy new owners of my cars.

PS A few told me your a fastidious owner and your car is super clean and you are a great guy - Hopefully the lurkers will take me serious when I make this comment. GLWS.

I hear GUT  bought some parts from ya , but we wont count that as a referral cos , he's got more parts than any of us!!

You evidently have taste with your other choice of Pcar.

Thanks for your comments Symys. And good to now know who "Gut" is - nice guy.

I agree with your points 4-6:

4) general long term ownership

Yes, and perhaps 7 years not long term enough.

5)originality

See photos and find me more original.

When was the last time you saw original uncut door trims or reversible red handle screwdriver?

May be I should sell $20k parts separately (tools, trim, Fuchs, etc). I'd still have a great car to sell for $20k less?

6) Known by respected owners/enthusiasts     PS IM not invited to those catchups

I actually do receive some invites - but I think only because when you're in a  club they are obliged to send to all members.

You are right - I have not participated but I may well do so for the first time this Wednesday.

Re: My ethos is buy em, own em , drive em, look after em,  love em. 

So is mine - see photos.

PS A few told me your a fastidious owner and your car is super clean and you are a great guy - Hopefully the lurkers will take me serious when I make this comment. GLWS.

Fastidious? No doubt.

Car super clean? No doubt.

Great Guy? I'm sure many would beg to differ.

So do you.

Shall I PM you and ByronBayChris to catch up when I take one of my cars for a drive north? Probably late May - no need to escape such pleasant weather at moment.

2013-01-06_17-49-00_953-Compressed.jpg

IMG_0350.JPG

2013-04-22_15-06-17_501-Compressed.jpg

2012-12-26_12-52-51_10-Compressed.jpg

7 hours ago, us72t said:

Thanks for your comments Symys. And good to now know who "Gut" is - nice guy.

I agree with your points 4-6:

4) general long term ownership

Yes, and perhaps 7 years not long term enough.

5)originality

See photos and find me more original.

When was the last time you saw original uncut door trims or reversible red handle screwdriver?

May be I should sell $20k parts separately (tools, trim, Fuchs, etc). I'd still have a great car to sell for $20k less?

6) Known by respected owners/enthusiasts     PS IM not invited to those catchups

I actually do receive some invites - but I think only because when you're in a  club they are obliged to send to all members.

You are right - I have not participated but I may well do so for the first time this Wednesday.

Re: My ethos is buy em, own em , drive em, look after em,  love em. 

So is mine - see photos.

Fastidious? No doubt.

Car super clean? No doubt.

Great Guy? I'm sure many would beg to differ.

So do you.

Shall I PM you and ByronBayChris to catch up when I take one of my cars for a drive north? Probably late May - no need to escape such pleasant weather at moment.

2013-01-06_17-49-00_953-Compressed.jpg

IMG_0350.JPG

2013-04-22_15-06-17_501-Compressed.jpg

2012-12-26_12-52-51_10-Compressed.jpg

for sure , look me/us up when your up north .. the only other flaws in your outlook.. you never counted on Envy and Jealousy ;) 

There’s currently a movie and book deal being done on the history and proposed sale of this Car ad it’s been on the market for well over 18 months. I’ve lost track of the pricing strategy.
two words= Clinically Insane

Sold yesterday, $116K today.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk