Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

9 hours ago, Dreamr said:

To me, it wouldn't be the lack of servicing that would most concern me, it would be the lack of use ....

Any engine needs to be used and lubricated  ... things dry up and become brittle and not even a fresh service can save them .... and it's not just confined to the engine .... it's the drivetrain, suspension, steering components, etc ... I'd be getting a good checkover on that one ....

One can only imagine what hoses, bushings, seals and other parts look like. Hopefully the PPI will get to the bottom of all that.

19 hours ago, njb said:

Helps a lot when buying/selling/servicing a few cars: http://www.carcierge.com.au/

How does this carcierge work?  I have walked in before asking a few questions but was never able to get a straight answer on costs and services offered.  Seems to just be storage for a few private collectors?

1 hour ago, cafe_racer said:

How does this carcierge work?  I have walked in before asking a few questions but was never able to get a straight answer on costs and services offered.  Seems to just be storage for a few private collectors?

You pay an annual fee of around $3k and they handle all your car related affairs - whether that be organising and doing the legwork on servicing, inspections, repairs, etc. In the recent month or so, they did the inspection, negotiation and delivery of a private sale GT4 for me, picked up my M5 to get the fuel pump replaced, serviced/washed my 997, and are doing the running about to sort out a windscreen stone chip on our RR.

17 hours ago, symsy said:

Im interested .. what do you call gaps ... I have lost count of the services actually done on my car but I can tell ya I just realised again its like 15 months since service .. and by the time I get after my travels it will be 18 months.  20 year old cars with sub 100kms , not picking just genuinely asking , what do you expect ???

I was mistakenly thinking of another example that had gaps, not this one. A significant gap for me would probably be 3yrs without a stamp.

Obviously my expectations would be different for a 250k example compared to a 350k one. But I'd be looking for a complete book with minimal gaps if they are asking top dollar - it's arguably something of an indication that the owner was fastidious and no expense spared. It'd also give me peace of mind that my resale would be strong and the car would have wide appeal if I ever needed to get out of it later down the line.

I agree, the two 993 TTs (silver and black) asking circa $340k both haven't had a service since July and Sept 2015 based on the books in the photos.  I'd be half interested in either of them in the $260-275k range but the service gap is a bit of a question mark but isn't worth contemplating as they are ~60-80k overpriced in my estimation. 

39 minutes ago, symsy said:

The green paint to order car at Dutton is very very clean.. I must confess I got moist looking at it today...and I already own a 993TT

I thought we were having coffee when you were next here...?

23 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

I'm also interested in feedback on service record  too.

I'm looking at purchasing a 996.1 that was last serviced in 2013. It's done 2,500 kms since then.

What do you think?

If it is in MEL make sure you get a PPI...

I'm reasonably new to the Pcar watch, whilst I sort out how many Bitchcoins I've got left after separation,

but this guy has me laughing.

Every week it goes up or down in price, it's sold, then back on market the next day.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1986/SSE-AD-4213656/?_ga=2.132709838.1357692038.1523439533-1381034414.1521247462&_gac=1.238372148.1523599048.EAIaIQobChMIgq-4vK321gIVVZVoCh1lwAJMEAAYASAAEgJGUfD_BwE

Been doing the rounds for ages at varying prices.

'Already turned down  $115k' Yet it's for sale at $115k!

'I believe these will be $200k in a few years' So you're not only an A grade knob, but you can see into the future? Wow, a man of many talents! Idiot 

First post here so please be gentle...

Does anyone know anything about this car? Manual 991GTS

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/photogallery?Id=OAG-AD-15741518&Index=0

I like the spec (apart from the brakes probably being OTT for my requirements) but the price seems very inflated. Are people paying this sort of money for these cars? I’ve driven a PDK version which was very good but I think a manual would suit me much better. I would have thought somewhere along the lines of $220k would be more realistic but maybe I am way off. I suspect the person who traded it wouldn’t have received much above $200k. Any help is gratefully received

22 minutes ago, Number9 said:

First post here so please be gentle...

Does anyone know anything about this car? Manual 991GTS

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/photogallery?Id=OAG-AD-15741518&Index=0

I like the spec (apart from the brakes probably being OTT for my requirements) but the price seems very inflated. Are people paying this sort of money for these cars? I’ve driven a PDK version which was very good but I think a manual would suit me much better. I would have thought somewhere along the lines of $220k would be more realistic but maybe I am way off. I suspect the person who traded it wouldn’t have received much above $200k. Any help is gratefully received

Welcome 9, linky no work, which car as it?

42 minutes ago, rhinosm said:

I'm reasonably new to the Pcar watch, whilst I sort out how many Bitchcoins I've got left after separation,

Every week it goes up or down in price, it's sold, then back on market the next day.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1986/SSE-AD-4213656/?_ga=2.132709838.1357692038.1523439533-1381034414.1521247462&_gac=1.238372148.1523599048.EAIaIQobChMIgq-4vK321gIVVZVoCh1lwAJMEAAYASAAEgJGUfD_BwE

36 minutes ago, LeeM said:

'I believe these will be $200k in a few years' So you're not only an A grade knob, but you can see into the future? Wow, a man of many talents! Idiot 

I think he almost deserves his own thread, there could be many adjectives to title it..... :D

1 hour ago, LeeM said:

Damn! Missed my chance at $115k 

Maybe if I offer 115 when he’s back down to 90 I might be in with a chance.

Maybe he’s just doing it to see what sort of reaction he can muster from us all. 

Or he’s delusional.

It’s been entertaining enough over the past, oh, maybe year or two, but it’s starting to get a little tiresome.

4 hours ago, JWM said:

That didn’t last long. Marked as sold. 

Probably to be flipped for 20k more.

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

Red 991 manual GTS, 2014, ceramic brakes. Listed at $279,900.

Thank you!

Trade would have likely been < $200k. Not that they'll ever sell it for that, they'd rather pay interest on it for 3 months then wholesale it.

3 hours ago, rhinosm said:

He has everyone else laughing too.....

6 hours ago, GUT said:

Damn! Missed my chance at $115k 

Maybe if I offer 115 when he’s back down to 90 I might be in with a chance.

Maybe he’s just doing it to see what sort of reaction he can muster from us all. 

Or he’s delusional.

It’s been entertaining enough over the past, oh, maybe year or two, but it’s starting to get a little tiresome.

There’s currently a movie and book deal being done on the history and proposed sale of this Car ad it’s been on the market for well over 18 months. I’ve lost track of the pricing strategy.

two words= Clinically Insane