Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

57 minutes ago, Diamond911 said:

interesting that he mentions that 10 3.6's were delivered to OZ. I once asked Classic Throttle shop that question and they said only 5 were delivered. From memory 1x black, 1xblue (stored at Autohaus),  1xwhite (in Adelaide) , 1x red and 1x green. Maybe they were wrong? Another black one was for sale last year and I dont think it was this one.

Looks good. Very rare çar...but $750K. If you have that much money go see the mint one at AH. That owner cant even be bothered to pick it up, so might accept $500K ;) 

7 minutes ago, turboT said:

interesting that he mentions that 10 3.6's were delivered to OZ. I once asked Classic Throttle shop that question and they said only 5 were delivered. From memory 1x black, 1xblue (stored at Autohaus),  1xwhite (in Adelaide) , 1x red and 1x green. Maybe they were wrong? Another black one was for sale last year and I dont think it was this one.

Looks good. Very rare çar...but $750K. If you have that much money go see the mint one at AH. That owner cant even be bothered to pick it up, so might accept $500K ;) 

The second black Aust delivered 3.6 turbo 964 lives down the road from me 

20 minutes ago, 911virgin said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/OAG-AD-15865120/?Cr=0

check out this 993 targa

has something been modified on or under the front bumper? this looks a bit odd for a 993 targa

also, are those original rims? aren't original rims on the 993 targa  a star pattern with the "stud " screws alonn the star spokes?

Looks like an after market bumper and side skirts. Those wheels don't look right either. Who's the dealer?

2 hours ago, turboT said:

My info says 10, 5 of which were 1993 (P) and 5 were 1994 (R)...

1 hour ago, 911virgin said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/OAG-AD-15865120/?Cr=0

check out this 993 targa

has something been modified on or under the front bumper? this looks a bit odd for a 993 targa

also, are those original rims? aren't original rims on the 993 targa  a star pattern with the "stud " screws alonn the star spokes?

Wheels look ok , interior very very clean... but a Tipper !! At that price?

Front spoiler for sure doesnt look like anything OEM , I have seen in any region 

Great colour , shame the head unit is swapped and pretty sure the speakers not original , not that this is uncommon with the paper nokia units that perish

Being a total bitch , can understand why you would leave and photograph a rust screw in the seat adjuster. the rear side trims also should have a black anodised screw not the one there in the passenger side.

Looks like a well presented car... on my second look , either the seats very very unmarked even unused and the rears possibly recovered.   Is it possibly a new interior?   Maybe another 993 owner can give input , my car has some leather options that I am not sure were in other 993's.

7 hours ago, turboT said:

The pricing of the 964 3.6 doesn't make much sense to an old timer like me . . . I know it's all about supply and demand, and changing tastes/fashions, but . . . 

1.  I remember when these cars were seriously unloved.  It's extraordinary how a model that for years was talked about in the same breath as the 996 is suddenly incredibly sought after.   I remember when the 964 hit the Porsche dealers. Everyone bagged it as having "plastic Hyundai bumpers".  And even 5 years ago they used to sit on Carsales and not move for months and months.

2.  From a purely logical point of view, it's hard to mount a case that the 3.6 is a better car than a 993 TT (or even as good as a 993 TT).  Again, historically the 3.6 could be bought for a fraction of what you paid for a used 993 TT, and now . . .in just the space of a couple of years . . . a 964 3.6 is apparently worth twice as much as a 993.   

Fashion is a strange beast.

4 hours ago, npvpositive said:

The pricing of the 964 3.6 doesn't make much sense to an old timer like me . . . I know it's all about supply and demand, and changing tastes/fashions, but . . . 

1.  I remember when these cars were seriously unloved.  It's extraordinary how a model that for years was talked about in the same breath as the 996 is suddenly incredibly sought after.   I remember when the 964 hit the Porsche dealers. Everyone bagged it as having "plastic Hyundai bumpers".  And even 5 years ago they used to sit on Carsales and not move for months and months.

2.  From a purely logical point of view, it's hard to mount a case that the 3.6 is a better car than a 993 TT (or even as good as a 993 TT).  Again, historically the 3.6 could be bought for a fraction of what you paid for a used 993 TT, and now . . .in just the space of a couple of years . . . a 964 3.6 is apparently worth twice as much as a 993.   

Fashion is a strange beast.

Fashion is a strange beast indeed, but with a new set of victims growing into its influence each year.   It's simply the cohort of people who loved 964s when younger getting to the point where they can afford one, and the 964 it must be for them.   Underneath the 3.6 love is rarity and the bad boys movie car cult, which is enough to drive silly prices.

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

Fashion is a strange beast indeed, but with a new set of victims growing into its influence each year.   It's simply the cohort of people who loved 964s when younger getting to the point where they can afford one, and the 964 it must be for them.   Underneath the 3.6 love is rarity and the bad boys movie car cult, which is enough to drive silly prices.

Probably because of the longhood fad as well