Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

5 hours ago, hugh said:

If you cant be bothered to vac the mats then my guess is you cant be bothered to wash it either? So, off to the supermarket we go for a $15 special on my 370k "black" GT3? At a minimum it always makes me question the character of the seller, hard to have confidence in their care or attention to detail if a 30 sec job is asking too much. 

Can I leave my car in your new extenda-garage and you can put that vacuum and bucket to good use.  Saves me going shopping in Frankston every weekend (they charge me $70 not $15 and do a nice job by the way ?)

9 minutes ago, DJM said:

Can I leave my car in your new extenda-garage and you can put that vacuum and bucket to good use.  Saves me going shopping in Frankston every weekend (they charge me $70 not $15 and do a nice job by the way ?)

The GT4 is always welcome! I have a few workers that are small enough to get in all those hard to reach places and can even arrange for a novelty air freshener just to sweeten the deal. 

I'd love to see the Bayside crew's faces light up as the GT4 swaggers in................

6 hours ago, RennRob said:

This car was for sale a few years ago when I was looking. Same Adv.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2002/SSE-AD-3597925

Apparently he’s going OS again. Was unhelpful when I spoke to him back then. 

Recommend any interested parties do a VIN check. 

Just tell'em what's wrong with it.

7 hours ago, RennRob said:

This car was for sale a few years ago when I was looking. Same Adv.

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-2002/SSE-AD-3597925

Apparently he’s going OS again. Was unhelpful when I spoke to him back then. 

Recommend any interested parties do a VIN check. 

Also a PPSR check, although it's in the ad that's its been written off. 

2 hours ago, dan_189 said:

Also a PPSR check, although it's in the ad that's its been written off. 

It makes me laugh that people think they can try and sell something without being upfront all this bullshit about going OS you just want sellers to be honest what else are they hiding? 

Sold a car recently, the buyer was a well informed and particular car guy, made a similar comment that he and the pregnant wife had  researched and driven 5 cars and every question about gaps in info or has the car been in an accident etc was met with BS. I assume this scull duggery works on those unfortunate people that can’t spot a poor alignment or non original paint or don’t know what to look for. 

8 minutes ago, Tips said:

Sold a car recently, the buyer was a well informed and particular car guy, made a similar comment that he and the pregnant wife had  researched and driven 5 cars and every question about gaps in info or has the car been in an accident etc was met with BS. I assume this scull duggery works on those unfortunate people that can’t spot a poor alignment or non original paint or don’t know what to look for. 

These shenanigans might work on $20,000 cars. This isn't going to fly when a buyer is well informed or is going to do a PPI anyway.

Why waste everyone's time?

On 4/7/2018 at 4:04 PM, njb said:

I don't suppose anyone has checked out or has insights as to why the Black 993tt has been sitting on the market for almost a year? (aside from the price of course)

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1998/SSE-AD-4320534

Well my guy couldn't even get into contact with him (doesn't want to give out mobile), and from ~a year ago I know the car has aftermarket exhaust, significant gaps in service history, and hasn't even bothered repairing damage to the front under body, which isn't a good indicator. So I guess we'll give this one a miss. Shame, I wanted to add a 993TT to the collection and the flat green or blue ones on the market right now aren't my preference. Will hold out. The lovely ocean blue example at Scuderia Graziani last year on consignment was really nice, but 380-400 = nup.

23 minutes ago, nbauto said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1991/SSE-AD-5368579/?Cr=11

NZ delivered 964 RS. Not knowledgeable but price seems a bit high. All the way out in Mansfield too

Anyone imported a car from NZ? There seems to be some good buys over there (subject to rules and regs of course).

4 hours ago, njb said:

Well my guy couldn't even get into contact with him (doesn't want to give out mobile), and from ~a year ago I know the car has aftermarket exhaust, significant gaps in service history, and hasn't even bothered repairing damage to the front under body, which isn't a good indicator. So I guess we'll give this one a miss. Shame, I wanted to add a 993TT to the collection and the flat green or blue ones on the market right now aren't my preference. Will hold out. The lovely ocean blue example at Scuderia Graziani last year on consignment was really nice, but 380-400 = nup.

Im interested .. what do you call gaps ... I have lost count of the services actually done on my car but I can tell ya I just realised again its like 15 months since service .. and by the time I get after my travels it will be 18 months.  20 year old cars with sub 100kms , not picking just genuinely asking , what do you expect ???

I did my fastidiously for the first 10 years and then gave it a birthday run through the while lot , then just did it when I spotted something with a probably services every 15 -20 months and again another 10 year birthday at 20 year old and everything changed that was even in the slightest bit questionable.

As for under body grazes , I have done mine twice and again although I probably will never sell , will do it in a few years ...

I have very very mild patina on the rear arch and front arch.. most people would still say its mint , but had thoughts about again 20 year birthday tidy, air brush it it , I also have a single chip in the bonnet and one on the rear spoiler other than that original paint.

I guess you can ask for what you want as a buyer at that price point but it does from my point of view get into a very questionable position of ..immaculately aged originality vs continually covered up ?

Not responding to questions and communications , I think that sucks on all levels..

Interested in people perceptions of what is right , cos definately most cars get serviced way beyond spec from Porsche.  I have a similar situ with my GT3 

1 hour ago, symsy said:

Im interested .. what do you call gaps ... I have lost count of the services actually done on my car but I can tell ya I just realised again its like 15 months since service .. and by the time it will be 18 months.  20 year old cars with sub 100kms , not picking just genuinely asking , what do you expect ???

I did my fastidously for the first 10 years and then gave it a borthday run through the while lot , then just did it when I spotted something with a probably services every 15 -20 months and again another 10 year birthday at 20 year old and everything changed that was even in the slightest bit questionable.

As for under body grazes , I have done mine twice and again although I probably will never sell , will do it in a few years ...

I have very very mild patina on the rear arch and front arch.. most people would still say its mint , but had thoughts about again 20 year birthday tidy, air brush it it , I also have a single chip in the bonnet and one on the rear spoiler other than that original paint.

I guess you can ask for what you want as a buyer at that price point but it does from my point of view get into a very questionable position of ..immaculately aged originality vs continually covered up ?

Not responding to questions and communications , I think that sucks on all levels..

Interested in people perceptions of what is right , cos definately most cars get serviced way beyond spec from Porsche.  I have a similar situ with my GT3 

I'm also interested in feedback on service record  too.

I'm looking at purchasing a 996.1 that was last serviced in 2013. It's done 2,500 kms since then.

What do you think?

1 minute ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

I'm looking at purchasing a 996.1 that was last serviced in 2013. It's done 2,500 kms since then.

What do you think?

Personally I wouldnt worry , as long as you go through belts , hoses , change all oils .. I am interested generally of the markets and forums perspective and of course the people get more and more fussy as they go up in dollars. I have however done a little bundle of cash 5k+  on a 52kms car to ensure its very very robust , so consider that or if its a second car just drive and do as you go perhaps after doing oils etc

Time passes, hopefully so do the km's. If 18mths go by and not that many km's, I don't see that I need to be rushing out servicing cars. If enough km's go by in 3mths, I'd be thinking it's time to service.

I'm about to rotate mine through services as they've crept up on me. Generally speaking, I drive my cars and I take care of anything that comes up promptly, but I'm not a slave to a dated service if the km's and condition don't warrant it.

I'm more wary of the lack of driving than the time between services.

2 hours ago, KeyboardWarrior77 said:

What do you think?

To me, it wouldn't be the lack of servicing that would most concern me, it would be the lack of use ....

Any engine needs to be used and lubricated  ... things dry up and become brittle and not even a fresh service can save them .... and it's not just confined to the engine .... it's the drivetrain, suspension, steering components, etc ... I'd be getting a good checkover on that one ....

10 hours ago, nbauto said:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1991/SSE-AD-5368579/?Cr=11

NZ delivered 964 RS. Not knowledgeable but price seems a bit high. All the way out in Mansfield too

86,000km , that will out off the collectors. At over 3,000km per year, holy crap it's virtually a taxi.?

Hhhh