Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

5 minutes ago, JLD said:

Assuming they're not a scam, what would those 356s be worth? How much would it cost to restore?

I am not certain on the 356 front, but the cost to restore them would be huge. From a 911 side I know that the cost of parts are insane and it would be a very expensive process. On those things, if you wanted to restore them, you would need to replace everything, down to every little rubber, switch, light, which all adds up. I would be much more inclined to build an outlaw out of them. Much MUCH simpler, as they don't need to stick to full originality.

23 minutes ago, JLD said:

Assuming they're not a scam, what would those 356s be worth? How much would it cost to restore?

Very broad question , other than rare  or special cars , I would be tempted to say you can buy better value at the moment than build at the moment. The main issue is so few seem to come into circulation. One thing is for sure , they seem to be like holding gold bullion in terms of price stability.

For resto real world experience  perhaps @polorot would give you a good set of numbers. 

I went down this journey last year paid 110k for a 356A coupe , driver, little/no rust , the journey of new engines/gearboxes, paint and tidy to make a tasty outlaw looked expensive, I pulled back. I came to the decision , why try make an outlaw like a 911 in performance.  I think the 356 has some very special qualities, try drive one.   

356 resto isnt any cheaper than a 911 on many levels from my out look and perhaps with panel alignments etc being even less forgiving to get the perfect car.  Perhaps we should start a thread? I would love to see what the real world of working on these cars is about..

Check this guy out , hes a local to me https://www.instagram.com/356garage/   , hes been doing a lot himself and working with some VW crew , looks like getting a nice result

Of recent note in my own opinion was the 356A cab at Gosford that I hear went sub 200k , a very very tasty specimen, wish it was in my garage , not a cab lover but looked grand and I was to slow.

17 hours ago, JWM said:

There was another white PDK (private sale, with more kms) here in Sydney that sat on Carsales for a long time until It drifted down into the $80's before selling... This does look like a very nice one nonetheless.

I have been told that the Sydney car had lead a different life and wasn't the most pristine example - good 987 Spyders will be $100k plus cars. Only 37 came to Australia, they are one of the rarest Porsches that have been sold in Australia for a long time. 

My car was showroom condition, number 1 of 37, only 12,000km and still under warranty - purchased by my from Alan Hamilton, the only previous owner

Nice little pick up for someone - seller took a bit of a hit on Ebay... 

Item Ended 1969-PORSCHE-912-like-911

Ended:
03 Apr, 2018 20:11:19 AEST

Winning bid:
AU $59,100.00
55 bids ]

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-912-1969/SSE-AD-5210174/?Cr=1         

$79,000* 98,000 km

1969 Porsche 912 Manual 

48 minutes ago, Troubleshooter said:

Nice little pick up for someone - seller took a bit of a hit on Ebay... 

Item Ended 1969-PORSCHE-912-like-911

Ended:
03 Apr, 2018 20:11:19 AEST

Winning bid:
AU $59,100.00
55 bids ]

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-912-1969/SSE-AD-5210174/?Cr=1         

$79,000* 98,000 km

1969 Porsche 912 Manual 

I saw this one for sale I thought it looked pretty good.

21 minutes ago, MARTY said:

I saw this one for sale I thought it looked pretty good.

Me too Marty. They are always worse than a seller says though and he alluded to a certain condition of car "paint is damaged and the body has imperfections just the way i like it"-- although has a rebuilt motor:). I thought on info provided it was probably worth a buy at mid 60's and sat on CS for months at 79k. Love the look of it and a nice little lefty no fuss racy looking otlw -- if you like slow cars!! His gal looks as racy as  the car but she's the real deal, no imperfections on her bod:wub:

1969 Porsche 912 Manual

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Me too Marty. They are always worse than a seller says though and he alluded to a certain condition of car "paint is damaged and the body has imperfections just the way i like it"-- although has a rebuilt motor:). I thought on info provided it was probably worth a buy at mid 60's and sat on CS for months at 79k. Love the look of it and a nice little lefty no fuss racy looking otlw -- if you like slow cars!! His gal looks as racy as  the car but she's the real deal, no imperfections on her bod:wub:

1969 Porsche 912 Manual

now that is a better angle

3 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

1969 Porsche 912 Manual

Reckon that gravel road would be hard on the feet (foot)........^_^

14 hours ago, Troubleshooter said:

1969 Porsche 912 Manual

What car?

2 hours ago, rafikdous said:

that right foot looks really odd!!

You noticed the foot?

I agree though - I've never seen anyone make a shape like that with their foot.  I think it's the shadows...prob a dancer

1 hour ago, brian in buddina said:

whats the story on this photoshoot?

Was this the owner's former GF or maybe its his school aged daughter?

yeah I agree, I would get that ankle looked at.

Looks like 2 images were 'merged' & foot got overlooked.

Well darn it - now I have to go carefully looking all over the WWW in girlie pics to find the original :rolleyes: 

997 GTS madness just keeps going . . . there were none available for months and months, then suddenly two cars come on and sell and now there are four more available on the market.  What's in the water?  Maybe just owners realising that they can get $190k+ for these cars?

27375908608_9fd5efb835_k.jpg