Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Just saw that. Unless it's riddled with rust, surely that can't last long. 

I can't imagine that you would spend all that money modifying it if it was rusty.... Snap it up and enjoy it - either as is or take back to standard :)

I appreciate everyone's alternative point of views, that's great..............

For anyone out there looking for some real, proper, honest & knowledgeable advice PLEASE BUY THIS CAR. Honestly, this thread is 99% full of rubbish - this is the 1%. Take my word, the car is well known to long time PFA members whom I'm sure would all vouch for how good this car is. Sometimes there is more to it than what you can see or read through a computer screen.  

I'll leave it at that, hopefully I've been able to get my point across. (takes a deep breath whilst burning a tartan cap!) 

Is it Vas's old 930?

Just bought it !!! I had the same car in my 20's so I couldn't help myself....nostalgia is hard to beat : )

Congrats! Well done :)

It may surprise some on this forum that there are people out there that actually buy these cars because they like them (and to drive them - hard) - not purely for investment.

In reality, I think this would be the reason for most... :)

Just bought it !!! I had the same car in my 20's so I couldn't help myself....nostalgia is hard to beat : )

I guess between my bad shoulder this week and you blowing more money on more Porsches, we are not going to that track day this weekend mate? :lol: 

Look forward to hearing about it tomorrow night! 

That's the one. :)

You should have mentioned earlier that PFA's authority on 930's had owned it... ;) 

It WILL be a gem. 

I guess between my bad shoulder this week and you blowing more money on more Porsches, we are not going to that track day this weekend mate? :lol: 

Look forward to hearing about it tomorrow night! 

You should have mentioned earlier that PFA's authority on 930's had owned it... ;) 

It WILL be a gem. 

Hi Edgy, Haha, I pulled the pin last night as it's scheduled for rain on Saturday.....I don't fancy trying to drift a GT3....may regret this though.......

Re the 928, I had pretty much the exact car in the 90's, same colour, 1989, so could not say no (I tried to upload an old pic, but I don't think I have any storage left)

Supercharger will sure make stuff interesting.....and to think I gave up my Cooma 1000 entry...DOH !!

It has to Cal, as people that can't afford a real one will buy the 2nd best thing (unless its a Poraga, then they need to be shot!)

That lowered cream LHD 356 speedster replica for sale a little while ago for $45k was a peach that I'd happily cruise around in, especially knowing its not worth $150k or more. 

I really don't understand people that slag off a decent 356 replica, as theyre just doing what most Porsche owners are doing, enjoying themselves!

Mine is as good or probably better than that cream one. It's only done 12000kms since being constructed in 2000 at a reputed expensive of $85K + it has the 356 motor in it. Only reason I ask, is something has to give. I have way too many cars and it gets used the least. I've been down this road before though... a number of times. When push comes to shove I really struggle to part with this car. 

Edited by Cal

Mine is as good or probably better than that cream one. It's only done 12000kms since being constructed in 2000 at a reputed expensive of $85K + it has the 356 motor in it. Only reason I ask, is something has to give. I have way too many cars and it gets used the least. I've been down this road before though... a number of times. When push comes to shove I really struggle to part with this car. 

Is yours a fibreglass body Cal? 

That's the one. :)

that thing was immaculate, I think at 105k its a bargain given some of the other sales occurring.

I was kind of joking, and in terms of a drivers car you are probably right. But let's face it, it's great price is reflective of the 'light' mods and the conversion. An original car in this condition is probably now worth $200+  Luckily I nabbed one of those earlier this year and it is a mirror of this one (cept I have blue interior). So the thought of having a donor in the shed for my appreciating asset is not a totally ridiculous idea. 

She does look good though ;)

I don't really understand what your getting at. Having a donor car that may be in better condition than your car would serve what purpose? besides driving and enjoying it

I'm just such a shit driver I could do with the spare body panels. Just helps they are in the right colour that's all ;)

Thats one way of looking at it, as there's plenty of power poles and immovable objects on the side of the road :-)