996 GT3 Purchase

2 hours ago, wilson59 said:

My update says it was sold (rather than "on hold"), but I guess it remains to be seen whether it was just withdrawn........

I have an immaculate silver 996.1 GT3 Touring, Aust delivered, books & service receipts, leather bucket seats, 64000kms $275k coming up for sale, anyone interested give me a call will be going on Carsales soon. James 0417369649

3 hours ago, luzzo said:

Here it is again...

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2003-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-7457134

$269,000 this time. 

What's your bet this time @edgy..? 

Time to sell? 

At that ask… weeks to months! No better than the 996 tiptronic cab Carrera owners asking $80k + in my books… 

Having said that, it looks like a nice example with a good original spec and km’s that don’t put it in the exceptional category, if anything kms a bit high for a “collector”… I suspect if it were advertised $220-230k asking, it would sell pretty fast!

Happy to be wrong, but they’re just not a nearly $300k car in this market… even mid 200’s is cheeky… now knowing where an RS has traded recently, I don’t think I’ll be wrong… and the sale of one super low mile car @ $289k asking doesn’t define the market. 

3 hours ago, edgy said:

Time to sell? 

At that ask… weeks to months! No better than the 996 tiptronic cab Carrera owners asking $80k + in my books… 

Having said that, it looks like a nice example with a good original spec and km’s that don’t put it in the exceptional category, if anything kms a bit high for a “collector”… I suspect if it were advertised $220-230k asking, it would sell pretty fast!

Happy to be wrong, but they’re just not a nearly $300k car in this market… even mid 200’s is cheeky… now knowing where an RS has traded recently, I don’t think I’ll be wrong… and the sale of one super low mile car @ $289k asking doesn’t define the market. 

Yeah @edgy I agree. Looks awesome. But….
Also…I’ve seen GT3 selling fast off market last few weeks and know the price's….

3 hours ago, Rick V said:

Ha! Yes but @edgyonly ‘suspects’ prices, whereas you ‘know them’?!?

I know of a handful of transactions first hand. 

Believe me, as an owner… you’d think I want to blow it up, and yes, they’ve done well… but not that well… 

Just like I wish I can buy DRC wine on the cheap, I can’t sell 996 for the premiums suggested! 

if 996 RS traded in mid 300’s what do you think vanilla 996 GT3 is worth? high $200-$300k??  

4 hours ago, edgy said:

Just like I wish I can buy DRC wine

Had try of Danny’s wine last Sunday at St Hugo’s in the Barossa. Very big, bold and traditional Barossa in body. They were saying cellar for approx 7 years 😳

2 hours ago, sjm said:

They were saying cellar for approx 7 years 😳

Thats like park it up , polish it and dont take for an absolute walloping at the track..  your buying all the wrong gear ;)   Glad you drank t now go take that car for a drive 

43 minutes ago, Skidmarks said:

Yes.  275.  Nice little earn since I sold it … 

They are just after the residual whiff of your cologne.. you and the magnus outlaw ...  what do you wipe on your ball joints ?

1 hour ago, Skidmarks said:

Yes.  275.  Nice little earn since I sold it … 

Thanks, that supports what I’m trying to say, a low mile 996.1 in a unique colour, and no doubt exceptional condition. 

3 minutes ago, mrar said:

Let me ask you this then, do you think your rs has doubled or trippled in value, is that what your insurance co. is quoting as market value or agreed?

No I’m saying they have not done that!

I’m probably the only idiot who thinks their car hasn’t doubled or tripled in value? 

I buy what I love… values I’m aware of, but they don’t form part of my buying equation. 

2 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

A mix of 30/40, olive oil (organic of course) and Nair 

Ahh .. So not Rose smelling joints then .. you know that NAIR stuff is like Liquid Moly .... did you decide to sell me the other car yet ;)  Dont look right with those hoists 

So 350 for an RS versus 250 for a run of the mill 6 touring, higher for an exceptional example. 75-100K delta between GT3 and GT3RS. What’s changed? Both seem to have appreciated at similar rates over the past 6 months. If we are talking the last two years, the non RS has moved more.

I would love an RS. Cannot justify it right now but one day. I expected them to run away against the GT3 by now but they have not. I still suspect they will in due course, given their rarity.