996 GT3 Purchase

I’m over the moon with my 996.1. To hell with value. I’d definitely have an RS - in fact I may have had an RS if the seller bothered to call me back - but that’s another story - good luck with his most recent listing... I’m not that upset to be honest.

I’m just glad I got in when I did  7,000km and counting…

Drive them please!

7 minutes ago, GUT said:

I’m over the moon with my 996.1. To hell with value. I’d definitely have an RS - in fact I may have had an RS if the seller bothered to call me back - but that’s another story - good luck with his most recent listing... I’m not that upset to be honest.

I’m just glad I got in when I did  7,000km and counting…

Drive them please!

Good to see you are enjoying it... glad it all worked out when we were doing the deal, as you know I've got another one up for sale 

Just now, James P said:

Good to see you are enjoying it... glad it all worked out when we were doing the deal, as you know I've got another one up for sale 

Loving it.

You made it a very easy transaction - thanks! 

If I could have another, I would!

29 minutes ago, spiller said:

So 350 for an RS versus 250 for a run of the mill 6 touring, higher for an exceptional example. 75-100K delta between GT3 and GT3RS. What’s changed? Both seem to have appreciated at similar rates over the past 6 months. If we are talking the last two years, the non RS has moved more.

I would love an RS. Cannot justify it right now but one day. I expected them to run away against the GT3 by now but they have not. I still suspect they will in due course, given their rarity. 

Well said...

47 minutes ago, spiller said:

So 350 for an RS versus 250 for a run of the mill 6 touring, higher for an exceptional example. 75-100K delta between GT3 and GT3RS. What’s changed? Both seem to have appreciated at similar rates over the past 6 months. If we are talking the last two years, the non RS has moved more.

I would love an RS. Cannot justify it right now but one day. I expected them to run away against the GT3 by now but they have not. I still suspect they will in due course, given their rarity. 

Sensibility coming out of Adelaide on this Sunday night! Must be all that new found freedom getting to Sydney’s head 😉 

996 GT3's have been reasonably 'cheap' up until recently. Given the premiums for vanilla AC 911's, it shouldn't really come at a surprise - it's about time they were valued somewhat relatively. They are a great car, be interesting to come back to this thread in 1-2 years and see what transpires for future values. 

If there is a 'trend' its that people who own these cars are hanging onto them, they have become keepers, special, rare. I believe that is being reflected in the asking prices, making it a worthwhile exercise as I'm guessing most owners won't be able to find another. Again, same goes if you are selling a clean, straight & honest AC car - good cars are only becoming harder to find and commanding a significant premium as a result. 

10 hours ago, GTP911 said:

Good video, he didn’t fluff it up with buzz words like a lot of the YT try hard but conveyed the experience well. Makes me want to go drive. Also enjoyed the little run around of the EP3 civic type r at the end. I daily drive one and they are the Japanese FWD poor man’s GT3 (in a good way!).

44 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Comfort seats??

These are Leather buckets..! 

Aren't comfort 996 gt3 seats indeed  bucketless.   I gave up looking for a set a long time ago after missing out on a set at around 4k in great nick.    WOW 15k and you still have to supply rails. 

15 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Another one hits the market.  Looks to be a superb example.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1999-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual/SSE-AD-11850486/?Cr=18

Presume this is one JamesP has?

Yes, looks to be a very nice example.  Still not sure why so many are popping up with the centre console option though.....

Also interesting that the main centre console appears to be the black rubberised surface rather than body colour like mine is.

43 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Also interesting that the main centre console appears to be the black rubberised surface rather than body colour like mine is.

Tas, mine has the black main centre console. I think you had to tick the option box to get it painted body colour AFAIK.

Watching with interest  as I need some sales evidence to give Shannons as they currently won't insure mine for more than $200K

37 minutes ago, Cam Arnott said:

Tas, mine has the black main centre console. I think you had to tick the option box to get it painted body colour AFAIK.

Watching with interest  as I need some sales evidence to give Shannons as they currently won't insure mine for more than $200K

Goodluck with Shannons Cam and if you have any luck please post here. 

9 hours ago, Cam Arnott said:

Hey @Cam Arnott Shannon’s insured mine for 220k back in March and after a recent phone call, they said to email them photos of the car and they will look at increasing it. 

it is white though… which clearly deserves a premium  😜

20 hours ago, 901er said:

Hey @Cam Arnott Shannon’s insured mine for 220k back in March and after a recent phone call, they said to email them photos of the car and they will look at increasing it. 

it is white though… which clearly deserves a premium  😜

Of course! 😆 Thanks for the info.

Anyone done a refurb on their gearchange knob?  Mine's looking a bit chatty after 130,000kms and in need of a refurb.  Thinking about best way to do it - do the black first, then use something like Tamiya Maskoll over the black while you do the silver, or do the silver first and then very fine brush to do the black?  Is the silver Arctic Silver or a different silver?

Or is there a commercial option (thinking BM Leather Creations)??

Any suggestions or thoughts welcome.

1 minute ago, GTP911 said:

Interesting, mine is silver with black gear number lettering, whereas this has the black roundel with silver lettering .   Will keep this one in mind as that price doesn't work out too bad...

8 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Interesting, mine is silver with black gear number lettering, whereas this has the black roundel with silver lettering .   Will keep this one in mind as that price doesn't work out too bad...

Silver with black lettering was exclusive to the GT3 I think.