996 GT3 Purchase

I’m currently in the middle of insurance renewal on my 6.2 GT3……. Currently with MB ….. they will only go to $160K …… anything over that, they want a formal valuation. Hunting other quotes now… happy to hear anyone else’s recent experience.. maybe that’s new (or recycled) thread ….

Keen to see where silver CTS car ends up. 

4 hours ago, edgy said:

So in light of current asking on 996 GT3, where would we think the market is at on 996 RS? I haven’t seen any trade lately or been close to a transaction in over 1 year… historically, they have been around 2 x GT3 price… except for last year, the gap was $100k~ give or take 

Surely high 4’s? 

note: I’m not a current seller or buyer! 

5 hours ago, edgy said:

Yup know the one… wasnt sure if it ever sold since he kept taking it down and putting it back up again with all different prices 

When it comes to RS of anything 996 and earlier then, I really feel the delivery status is less relevant anyway, since it’s slim pickings.. especially for 964’s 

anywhow, I think the data suggests there is still a small premium for Aussie delivered cars, so anecdotal we’d be looking north of $400k for RS? 

it’s nothing to do with selling, as I have no interest but insurance will need to be reviewed shortly… I’m interested to see how we all good getting an increase in cover 

Yep, the reason I reached out to him was to ask why he kept raising and lowering the price. He didn’t take too kindly to that, and fair enough as I was kicking his tyres fairly hard. I have noticed the UK based 6RS are now asking 140-170 gbp depending on milage and condition, so they’ve risen quite sharply over there. Curiously, the non RS cars have not gone up much. Perhaps their market is lagging behind ours slightly, which is interesting, because back in 2015 when 996s were worth peanuts, it was the UK market that spiked first. This seemed to kick off the initial rise Aussie market. I suspect the gap between RS and non is still about 100ish. I agree, your valuation would want to start with a 4. My 2c!

5 hours ago, Rick V said:

I’m currently in the middle of insurance renewal on my 6.2 GT3……. Currently with MB ….. they will only go to $160K …… anything over that, they want a formal valuation. Hunting other quotes now… happy to hear anyone else’s recent experience.. maybe that’s new (or recycled) thread ….

I had a similar experience with MB when I got a quote through them earlier in the year when I bought mine. They offered me 149K, with a hefty premium to boot. 

On 08/09/2021 at 20:38, SFZOOM said:

Well this will be interesting $290K for a non CS 996.2 GT3

https://classicthrottleshop.com/2003-porsche-911-996-gt3-touring-mk-2/

Would have to be a record ask for a 996 GT3 other than Rusty French’s car!

1 week in and crickets are chirping... has the appetite for 996 GT3's been satisfied? 

1 hour ago, edgy said:

1 week in and crickets are chirping... has the appetite for 996 GT3's been satisfied? 

I think it suggests that maybe there never was an appetite for a 996 GT3 at what appears to be an overly-optimistic price!

Still, you don't get, if you don't ask....

3 hours ago, James P said:

Was having this discussion today.. at that price point i see better options in the P car market 

Would love to hear more on this James. I think we all agree that the 996 GT3 is a great car but the best part about it is actually driving it. Not sure there’s a whole lot of driving value at this price point.

On 11/09/2021 at 14:50, Rick V said:

I’ll do you one.  😇

On 09/09/2021 at 12:43, TwoHeadsTas said:

Sheesh, bit like Fosters, who the hell even drinks VB any more? 🙂 

Any given race weekend …

I'd have valued that GT3 at CTS at $200k, if didn't know the price. Maybe a $10-$20k CTS premium at $220k Max. Is that reasonable? Feel like that's a very optimistic price considering the red one at Autohaus was listed at $199k.

I don't have 996, nor purchasing. Just following the market FYI

5 hours ago, James P said:

Was having this discussion today.. at that price point i see better options in the P car market 

I agree!

The ole “one sale doesn’t define the market” they are pegging their asking price to the exceptional sale of the 12k Speed Yellow CS a few months back! 

I just don’t see nearly $300k in a non 003 GT3, with 56k on the clock… frankly $200k is a push IMO 

5 hours ago, Rick V said:

I think it suggests that maybe there never was an appetite for a 996 GT3 at what appears to be an overly-optimistic price!

Still, you don't get, if you don't ask....

Totally! 

5 hours ago, Jason A said:

Oh ok I’ll have one

You buy GT3’s like you buy a round of drinks 😂

2 hours ago, Skidmarks said:

Any given race weekend …

For a hard earned thirst… 

2 hours ago, wangan said:

I'd have valued that GT3 at CTS at $200k, if didn't know the price. Maybe a $10-$20k CTS premium at $220k Max. Is that reasonable? Feel like that's a very optimistic price considering the red one at Autohaus was listed at $199k.

I think you’re right in the ballpark 

16 hours ago, wangan said:

The "issue" i see is this..... 

We all know they (and Duttons - both owned by same PE firm) have been squirrelling away cars for years.....

When they pull this type of thing on a recent sale/buy - and everyone knows there is 40 points in it - then we think ALL of their cars have 40 points in them (which TBH i'm not sure they do) - which in turn creates their dilemma.... they either sit or they lower the price.... then everyone wants discounts.....

No-one would be having this discussion if the collective didn't know it had sold 12 months previous for $100k less. But we do know... 

Like @symsy pointed out - at that $$$ a UK import looks more appealing, no?

Just my $0.02c

12 minutes ago, on_booost said:

We all know they (and Duttons - both owned by same PE firm) have been squirrelling away cars for years.....

When they pull this type of thing on a recent sale/buy - and everyone knows there is 40 points in it - then we think ALL of their cars have 40 points in them (which TBH i'm not sure they do) - which in turn creates their dilemma.... they either sit or they lower the price.... then everyone wants discounts.....

No-one would be having this discussion if the collective didn't know it had sold 12 months previous for $100k less. But we do know... 

Just my $0.02c

This is a 996 GT3 appreciation thread; so I won't agree or disagree on pricing. I will just underscore there were only (ever) 308 RHD 996 GT3 Mk1 World Wide (90 to Aus / 75 to UK) now all > 20Yrs old (how many survived?)

p.s. What do you reckon a 964 RS or 993 RS or 3.2 Wide Body are worth $?

23 minutes ago, GTP911 said:

This is a 996 GT3 appreciation thread; so I won't agree or disagree on pricing. I will just underscore there were only (ever) 308 RHD 996 GT3 Mk1 World Wide (90 to Aus / 75 to UK) now all > 20Yrs old (how many survived?)

p.s. What do you reckon a 964 RS or 993 RS or 3.2 Wide Body are worth $?

I agree - its not about the price - they are only going up..... but more about the delta/vs time in this case for this car.

RHD anything = small market = smaller numbers of cars built = smaller demand in reality (not a ww market)

Anything super rare (964RS x 6 sold in AU or 993RS x 37 sold in AU) will always be desirable, i know of at least 3 x 993RS sales over $700K

23 hours ago, on_booost said:

Just my $0.02c

De Beers with the diamonds , Others with cars 

At least they havent lost the keys like some Bitcoin owners

The squirrelling is fine .. its us fools that use the small fishpond prices for reference.    Its the Wizard of Oz market, dont look behind the curtain.

With 17 cars for sale in the Uk that s more of a market ... the GT3's have been bumped up around 30+k AUD only in the past few weeks, but they havent sold , sales are the indicator of market price not ask.

I ask father Christmas for things every year , I ask my woman for things too.. rarely do they deliver .. well not the thrilling items , just the socks and sandwich , not the RS or the Victoria Secret outfit.

I have said it many time before on forums, its the price you will pay, the price that will make you run to the computer and or grab the cash from under the bed and slam it down.. Its the people that transact and pay, kick tyres and press the buy, or send on the transaction.    

I think they are still $160-190 cars and when you start talking of 20-40% , I think most of us will cry if we start to look at trade or wholesale prices of anything that we buy.. where does everyone think the $ comes from that fuels this merry go round of money?

It comes from the enthusiast or the enthusiastic for anything buyers and from those swear words .  Profit , Margin , Markup that clash so hard against our psyche and loyalty to our fantasy marque and our dreams  held in heart, passion , penis stirring energy of petrol hedonism and ego. 

Give me an import , watch me drive , watch me smile , a safe place to hear the scream of my money working hard in metallic form.

I dont care for the wizard market  , I dont care at all.  Just give me one for as few slave dollars as I cant get one , an @edgy comfort spec Berlina special  or an RS or a CS or even a confused one with owner implanted climbing frame in the back .   

Tell me its pristine in your advert, tell me its sweet , I will buy it thinking it might be as sweet as you tell it or sell it . Show me paperwork or none , even let me see the sticky race sticker residue from being hammered hard .. or should I use my acceptance word for the beating ... ah yes patina .

I am of course open to somebodys old girlfriend too, thats been around the block and track too , cos she will always be beautiful in my eyes, beyond her sins, I will just imagine shes white like her virginal dress ..never been slept with or mistreated or acted tardy , always perfectly polished and pampered only stared at in the garage, never kissed 

I wish i was trading houses or classics/porsches right now , better money than the coke dealers are making 

Im off again to fill up on 98 and then take in some blurry nature ... dont get me started on the manipulation of the fuel prices.   Who is running that CAR-tel

2 hours ago, symsy said:

De Beers with the diamonds , Others with cars 

At least they havent lost the keys like some Bitcoin owners

The squirrelling is fine .. its us fools that use the small fishpond prices for reference.    Its the Wizard of Oz market dont look behind the curtain.

With 17 cars for sale in the Uk that s more of a market ... the GT3's have been bumped up around 30+k AUD only in the past few weeks but they havent sold , sales are the indicator of market price not ask.

I ask father Christmas for things every year , I ask my woman for things to.. rarely do they deliver .. well not the thrilling items , just the socks and sandwich , not the RS or the Victoria Secret outfit.

I have said it many time before on forums, its the price you will pay that will make you run to the computer and or grab the cash form under the bed and slam it down.. Its the people that transact and pay, kick tyres and press the buy, or send on the transaction.    

I think they are still $160-190 cars and when you start talking of 20-40% , I think most of us will cry if we start to look at trade or wholesale prices of anything that we buy.. where does everyone think that  fuels this merry go round of money?

It comes from the enthusiast or the enthusiastic for anything buyers and from those swear words .  Profit , Margin , Markup that clash so hard against our psyche and loyalty to our fantasy marque and our dreams  held in heart, passion , penis stirring energy of petrol hedonism and ego. 

Give me an import , watch me drive , watch me smile , a safe place to hear the scream of my money working hard in metallic form. I dont care for the wizard market  , I dont care at all.  Just give me one for as few slave dollars as I cant get one , an @edgy comfort spec Berlina special , and RS or a CS or even a confused one with owner implanted climbing frame in the back .     Tell me its pristine, show me paperwork or none , even let me see the sticky race sticker residue. I am of course open to somebody old girlfriend too thats been around the block and track too , cos she will always be beautiful in my eyes , beyond her sins, I will just imagine shes white like her virginal dress ..never been mistreated or tardy , always perfectly polished an pampered only stared at in the garage 

I wish i was trading houses or classics/porsches right now , better money than the coke dealers are making 

Im off again to fill up on 98 and then take in some blurry nature ... dont get me started on the manipulation of the fuel prices.   Who is running that CAR-tel

👏

Nearly 1 full tank of BP 98 Ultimate fuel @$1.77 successfully consumed, so went back and filled her to the brim, slightly more consumption than a GT3 but there you go.   What happened whilst I was gone did the 290k car sell ? 

So tell me for the $290k would you expect to get a full tank of gas , up to date harnesses and fire extinguisher and perhaps even a fresh set of brakes and tyres and as its a GT3 a brake flush ... cos you would wanna drive it yeah?