996 GT3 Purchase

10 hours ago, James P said:

Earlier this year I brokered a deal on this 996.1 GT3 Clubsport for a family member, I knew where this GT3 was hiding for a long time & eventually managed to secure it... well a lot can happen in a few months & this week i bought it, extremely happy to have 1 of the 11 white  Australian delivered 996.1 GT3's in my garage. 

Congratulations mate, looks so good.
Welcome to the white unicorn club 😎

17 hours ago, Jason A said:

They are now not cheep anymore, but are a compelling purchase for the $$

Especially considering we are heading into years of inflation that we have not seen since the late 80’s.

@1q2w3e4r Transitionary??????

Porsche AG got smart(er) with marketing the new "limited" but not limited cars...... 

The older ones will always have a place in someones heart - its the same with any "poster" car as a kid......

In my opinion (0.000002c worth) when Porsche finally announce no more ICE cars - any transitionary inflation will be set in stone, but only for a while. Its a cycle...

All you have to do is look at older cars - try and sell a '32 hot rod or 50's Muscle car now... the people that wanted them are dead or close - everyone wants a 70's or 80's muscle car.... seen the price of a VL lately? Ever driven one? SMDH

This of course doesn't count for 250 GTO's or 993GT2's....

2 hours ago, on_booost said:

@1q2w3e4r Transitionary??????

Porsche AG got smart(er) with marketing the new "limited" but not limited cars...... 

The older ones will always have a place in someones heart - its the same with any "poster" car as a kid......

In my opinion (0.000002c worth) when Porsche finally announce no more ICE cars - any transitionary inflation will be set in stone, but only for a while. Its a cycle...

All you have to do is look at older cars - try and sell a '32 hot rod or 50's Muscle car now... the people that wanted them are dead or close - everyone wants a 70's or 80's muscle car.... seen the price of a VL lately? Ever driven one? SMDH

This of course doesn't count for 250 GTO's or 993GT2's....

I agree Simon. This is why our cars should be driven, not hidden.

@James P awesome. Is this Greg Keene’s old nation’s cup car?

BTW there is a white Mk1 CS here in Adelaide that was photographed at The Bend a few weeks back. Looked to have a bit of race patina, perhaps an ex NC car?

pic below. I do not know the owner so out of respect have blocked out the plates. Cool looking car with the RS style wheels. Just great to see these old cars still being driven properly.

F09F8DFF-FE9E-47C0-8AF8-51ACFB9BA29C.jpeg

@spiller no it's the Mike Downard car which is great as its unmodified & no air jacks etc. I wish it was the Keene car as thats the one i worked on the most, we had 2 in the team one was used in NC & the other was used in targa style rallies. The one in your photo could be one of the cars in the team & id love to find out more about it if possible? 

39 minutes ago, James P said:

@spiller no it's the Mike Downard car witch is great as its unmodified & no air jacks etc. I wish it was the Keene car as thats the one i worked on the most, we had 2 in the team one was used in NC & the other was used in targa style rallies. The one in your photo could be one of the cars in the team & id love to find out more about it if possible? 

Great yes no air jacks is definitely a big plus. I will try to do some digging on the SA car. I’ve never seen it previously, it’s very rare to see a 996 GT3 on track here in Adelaide 

3 hours ago, James P said:

@spiller no it's the Mike Downard car which is great as its unmodified & no air jacks etc. I wish it was the Keene car as thats the one i worked on the most, we had 2 in the team one was used in NC & the other was used in targa style rallies. The one in your photo could be one of the cars in the team & id love to find out more about it if possible? 

If you find the Keene car .. You owe it to me to sit nice and white next to my Keene turbo ;)   Enjoy the toy mate