996 GT3 Purchase

2 minutes ago, spiller said:

From what I’ve seen on FB, the guy enjoys driving his GT3 and loves the car. Also has some other nice cars and probably doesn’t need the cash so is willing to hold out for someone who is willing to pay close to is asking, or happy to keep the car if not. 

Keeping it then .. people who wanna buy cars buy em and people who wanna sell em can sell em if their motivated 

2 hours ago, hugh said:

Dare I say it would have had a better chance with a dealer like CTS where it was originally listed. I understand the owner wasn't happy with CTS but at that level of spend it opens up opportunity for more buyers (trade ins etc.) 

It looks like a nice car. I tend to find silver doesn't generally attract a premium though in terms of colour. I'd expect 'fair' pricing to be at 230-250k with a private seller. 

Agree, my initial thoughts were here ^^ 

48 minutes ago, spiller said:

From what I’ve seen on FB, the guy enjoys driving his GT3 and loves the car. Also has some other nice cars and probably doesn’t need the cash so is willing to hold out for someone who is willing to pay close to is asking, or happy to keep the car if not. 

So another member of the Carsales Lake Covid Game Fishing Club!! 

Switched lures for bait, and still no trophy fish to swallow the hook. 

6 hours ago, edgy said:

So we're about 1 month on the market, and it is still for sale... quite the contrast to the 24-48 hour listings we had seen earlier on. 

Now what is the collective chain of thought? Discuss, my flame suit is on 🥵

Its silver, and non CS.........

19 hours ago, Cam Arnott said:

Its silver, and non CS.........

I thought the same.... I would have thought $200k would have been an OK price if someone desperately wanted one. Suprised to see others saying $210k, $230k, $250k etc. 

I guess time will tell. 

1 hour ago, DD911 said:

What would it cost to land this beauty in Aus?

https://jzmporsche.com/cars/porsche-996-u1962/

On today's exchange rates it would be about $330K just to buy it + freight + duties.

Biggest hurdle is you wouldn't be able to drive it until the 25th year passes due to the local import rules .....you'd have to store it in the UK until December 2028 😥

54 minutes ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Would love to know what he got in the end ????.......given I have the exact same car in spec......I am sure it is a lot more than it was when PCW sold it mid last year 😀 

Had to go to Hobart yesterday, so took the "opportunity" to take the GT3 down to see the Shannons reps about increasing the value.  No problems at all to get agreed value lifted from $125k to $165k.  Rep went out to have a look around it, then went to see his boss for authorisation, no problems either as he'd checked it out when he walked past it a few minutes before.  And the best bit, having advised that as the 981 is no longer financed, with retaining $70k on that and $35k on the Toerag, our premium is $20/mth cheaper!!!

Who'd have thunk that having finance recorded against a car would cost so much extra in Insurance!!!

1 hour ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

Had to go to Hobart yesterday, so took the "opportunity" to take the GT3 down to see the Shannons reps about increasing the value.  No problems at all to get agreed value lifted from $125k to $165k.  Rep went out to have a look around it, then went to see his boss for authorisation, no problems either as he'd checked it out when he walked past it a few minutes before. 

Shannon’s boss walks back inside and says to his colleagues ‘geez that was easy, I thought he was gunna want 265 like all those other w$nkers’ 

11 hours ago, mrar said:

Have a few cars insured with them.

Renewal came this month, stuck with last years agreed value on the gt ($80k),premium on that car actually went down by $12.38.

Yay!

So grandpa has a medical episode behind the wheel and ploughs into you writing the car off and you get an $80k pay out and have to find a mere $150 large to replace what you had....?

I just went thru the same thing yesterday.

One of my mates informed me that he had just upped his insured value on his 997TT.

I had to finalise a hail repair on a daily - and we spoke about updating mine..... roughly 50% more than i paid a few years ago - on both!!!!

The insured value - makes no difference to me - Im still going to drive the bloody things - life is too short!!!

6 hours ago, mrar said:

I get the car back Cam, and can fix it to a point with the payout.

Wouldn't be able to replace many of my cars, they never made enough of them (del au) for whatever the insurance company dictate agreed value at.

They only made two mk1 in this colour combo del here, I don't know who has the other one but id be pushing it up hill to get it off him I'd bet for any money near what I would be able to argue cover wise.

I pay what I am happy to pay to cover my cars. Hell I realised the other day when looking over the policy that one car was still on laidup, that had new engine fitted ages ago. Been driving it for 8 plus months.

What would you do after smacking into the wall at the track? Most dont have cover at the track.

It's all about risk

What colour is it?

I have reduced the price on this 996.1 GT3 touring i have on Carsales https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/1999-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual/SSE-AD-11850486/?Cr=1

I also have 2 other 996.1 GT3's available for sale, feel free to call me on 0417369649 if you are in the market