Its one of the reasons I have 6 cars....I just can not be arsed dealing with tossbag tyre kickers when it comes to selling cars, so the glut of cars builds up......:ph34r:

I'm hearing you mate, I am now starting to understand why (true Porsche lovers) end up with multiple cars. 

To be honest, I am almost over the BS already. 

Buyers want (original) cars, then bitch when it has stone chips, paint blemishes and patina ware on the leather seats. 

"Does it leak oil"

Well NO but it does weep like all A/C motors. 

"Oh really"

Well F$ck off and buy a new 911.

you are being too nice

To be honest, I am almost over the BS already. 

Buyers want (original) cars, then bitch when it has stone chips, paint blemishes and patina ware on the leather seats. 

"Does it leak oil"

Well NO but it does weep like all A/C motors. 

"Oh really"

Well F$ck off and buy a new 911.

Brice,

Have you thought about selling it under consignment?  Having just suffer all that with recently selling a Ducati, the commission cost looked very reasonable for my 3.2 and I have gone that way after hearing some good results for other PFA'ers.  Car hasn't sold yet but the alternative of pricing it really cheap so it sells instantly isn't that attractive either!   

Edited by Peter M

Brice,

Have you thought about selling it under consignment?  Having just suffer all that with recently selling a Ducati, the commission cost looked very reasonable for my 3.2 and I have gone that way after hearing some good results for other PFA'ers.  Car hasn't sold yet but the alternative of pricing it really cheap so it sells instantly isn't that attractive either!   

I can see the merit in selling under consignment now. However, at the end of the day I just couldn't let her out of my sight. Trust issues I am afraid. 

See what happens, at the end of the day, Ms 964 is still a good looking gigga to have in the garage.

Sole reason for the sale is I am bored and need a new challenge. 

Why you selling Fraz is it the Auto bit or ? 

Hay @amanda, long time no speak, great to hear from you.

No Auto in the 964. Just need a change. 

Does anyone know the Australian delivery numbers of C2 manual 964's.

They rarely come up for sale, so is it a case of very low numbers, or the owners just hold on to them?

Low numbers, less than 100 manual C2 Coupes I believe, plus they were new when the economy really tanked therefore quite a few are/were in bad shape and poorly maintained.  They're such a great car and the last of the line (yes, 993 owners I know...) of handmade a/c cars. 

@Fraz have a chat to Rob Raymer.  

Edited by KGB

Does anyone know the Australian delivery numbers of C2 manual 964's.

They rarely come up for sale, so is it a case of very low numbers, or the owners just hold on to them?

KGB would be close to the number I'd rekon here is the total production numbers;

PorscheTotalSubtotalGrand total
964 C2 Coupé18,21934,39862,172[10]
964 C2 Cabrio11,013
964 C2 Targa3,534
964 C2 Cabrio turbo-look1532
964 C2 Speedster930
964 C4 Coupé13,35320,395
964 C4 Cabrio4,802
964 C4 Targa1,329
964 C4 Jubilee Coupé911
964 Turbo 3.33,6605,097
964 Turbo 3.61,437
964 Carrera RS 3.6 Coupé2,2822,282

KGB would be close to the number I'd rekon here is the total production numbers;

PorscheTotalSubtotalGrand total
964 C2 Coupé18,21934,39862,172[10]
964 C2 Cabrio11,013
964 C2 Targa3,534
964 C2 Cabrio turbo-look1532
964 C2 Speedster930
964 C4 Coupé13,35320,395
964 C4 Cabrio4,802
964 C4 Targa1,329
964 C4 Jubilee Coupé911
964 Turbo 3.33,6605,097
964 Turbo 3.61,437
964 Carrera RS 3.6 Coupé2,2822,282

What's all of this hullabaloo about the 964 C2 being so rare? According to this table, the humble C4 Coupe is even more rare! Put your price up Fraz! :ph34r:

What's all of this hullabaloo about the 964 C2 being so rare? According to this table, the humble C4 Coupe is even more rare! Put your price up Fraz! :ph34r:

It's the manual C2 numbers that I'm interested in, but unfortunately I've never seen it broken down that far...

• 3 weeks later...

Good luck to the dude trying to get his $$$ spent back Sounds like he's had enough of opening his wallet and now wants to close it, trying to get back all he has spent as he probably paid around 85 to 95 for it a year back. The quick flip didn't quite work out maybe...

Seller's Comment

" after which time developed a major leak. The previous owner then proceeded to commission a full engine rebuild" "I brought the car in September 2015. The car started like it had a bag of broken pots. Which sounded like a broken starter motor. I commissioned the car to Ktec and had an open wallet approach. Not only was the starter broken but the dual mass flywheel had started to disintegrate again. Thus, a new DMF, clutch and starter motor were installed after stripping the engine down short of splitting the case. The leak was addressed by new OEM rocker covers, gaskets, cambox cover seals, bolt rings, all new oil hoses and front oil cooler. The ignition side of things weren't 100% either hence there were new Bosch ignition coils, cables, spark plugs, dizzy caps and rotor buttons. The entire suspension minus the shocks were replaced with new Porsche ones. Being a C4, both front and rear diff lock operating cylinders were replaced with new Porsches ones (which were extremely difficult to source) as both were failing. The list goes on... the paint work is fair for its age. It's just been serviced on the 25/10/2016 and the ignition switch was replaced with a new item as the old one was hesitant on start up."

"This is trouble free air-cooled motoring at its best" ..... well after reading the above sounds anything but trouble free air cooled motoring - at it's best is driving it, not watching the bills fly out of the leather nonstop at the workshop..

Second c4 out of ? On carsales currently which has had a diff overhaul 

these are 25k minimum jobs just for the front

I think this owner is talking about the diff locking actuators or slave cylinders. 

@SteveC where did you get that $25K figure from to rebuild just the front diff, Have you had one done ? 

Price negotiable + only

Does that mean you can negotiate to pay more? Why would you want to do that??? :lol:

My old man used to up the price on anything when a purchaser asked for a better price.  Then when they looked confused he would sarcastically say; "oh, you meant better for you"

Not sure where I got it from...