I read where the engine lid latch hole was round on the early body and triangular on the later body, Mine car has the round latch hole with the late manifolds :unsure:

There you go. I learned something. Mine's round.

i suspect they used the parts until they ran out.  So a bt of blending across the buid years...

Yep...that's an RS pulley conversion

Edited by Tit

Sorry the point I was trying to make was essentially don't you think they're odd modifications for an otherwise stock car and they don't seem to have any rhyme nor reason?

Ok for a cheaper car but I'd just expect a "excellent car at an excellent price" to be not meddled with or at the very least have some consistent theme with modifications.

Carry on! :)  

'91 was the change-over year I think? Is it possible this car was built within that period and they threw a few out the factory door with new body and old engine?

Yes mate, Did a bit of reading, There were 2 rear sections for the 964 the 1st one was from October 88 to October 31 /90 and a redesigned rear section from November 1/90 my car is a 9/90 build so round hole but 91 delivered with the plastic  manifolds 

Edited by tomo

Yes mate did a bit of reading, There were 2 rear sections for the 964 the 1st one was from October 88 to October 31 /90 and a redesigned rear section from November 1/90 my car is a 9/90 build so round hole but 91 delivered with the plastic  manifolds 

you have a mate that reads for you tomo? ;) 

you have a mate that reads for you tomo? ;) 

That would be" Yes a mate did  bit of reading" close but no Cigar T ;) On that note I have a few Mates that tell me a lot of B/S :blink:

and a small edit to clear the murkiness of the rhetoric <_<

Edited by tomo

If insurance values are anything to go by, I was pleasantly surprised when I got revalued yesterday in the 6 figures without question or photos. They were happy to see the market value at my suggested price which was a nice step up from the $75k they valued it at this time last year. 

• 1 month later...

Alright, update time! We're just past halfway into the YOTC (year of the cab, proclaimed by @turboT for those not keeping up) and what have we learnt?

Well, if you're looking at 964's then it's looking pretty sketchy. Aside from two coupe back dates the only other 964s on carsales right now are cabs. Seven in total, ranging in asking from $70k-100k, and all have been sitting for several months...

The pick for me is the 93 C2 Manual for $78k. Might be time for some low-balling?

964_CS_20160731_zpskvcconxy.jpg

Two months on and quite a few still sitting. Time to lower some expectations?...

964_CS_20160930_zps2c9l9mpo.jpg

Two months on and quite a few still sitting. Time to lower some expectations?...

964_CS_20160930_zps2c9l9mpo.jpg

one even raised their expectations! Notice the others have not changed their prices, so clearly none are motivated sellers it seems...

Both are chalk and cheese.  Both backdates but one based on a 3.2 and one on a 964.  Both been for sale  a long time. 

If you like them I think both are worth investigating further particularly if the the owners are open to a more realistic price.

This^^

But personally I'd go the orange one. Been for sale a long, long time. Negotiate a price somewhere in the $120-130k range, then spend some $ on new wheels.