11 hours ago, theplanner said:

I think what he is saying is the price is driven higher by speculators rather than true enthusiast who are buying for the way the car drives....and his 996 is a better/ more competent car then the 964

11 hours ago, theplanner said:

....and his 996 is a better

The 996 is not necessarily a better car, I had a 964 for 15 odd years they are a wonderful bit of Kit , Solid as a brick s#it house and a great drive , But the 996 is great drive for half the money and after having one for about a year now I appreciate just how  good a car they are.

14 minutes ago, tomo said:

The 996 is not necessarily a better car, I had a 964 for 15 odd years they are a wonderful bit of Kit , Solid as a brick s#it house and a great drive , But the 996 is great drive for half the money and after having one for about a year now I appreciate just how  good a car they are.

I think we all have to agree that anything newer is actually better. But saying this the 964 gives the looks of a quintessential G series (almost) with modern refinements often welcomed.

The thing we get caught up in is the romance- I would say a 964 is more romantic than a 996. But the romance of a 356 is different again. They are all different but I do believe values come from romance first and that’ll sway ones opinion. 

You can buy a newer model looking for “out of the box” performance but sometimes you’ll go back to an oiler as something is missing. 

1 hour ago, Peter John said:

I think we all have to agree that anything newer is actually better. But saying this the 964 gives the looks of a quintessential G series (almost) with modern refinements often welcomed.

The thing we get caught up in is the romance- I would say a 964 is more romantic than a 996. But the romance of a 356 is different again. They are all different but I do believe values come from romance first and that’ll sway ones opinion. 

You can buy a newer model looking for “out of the box” performance but sometimes you’ll go back to an oiler as something is missing. 

Yeah, But I never implied that the 996 is a better car , What I said was that the 996 is more compertant in what it does, If that makes  it better, I do not know, Thats for the punter to decide.

7 minutes ago, Andy73 said:

Zagames are snapping them up. Over 20 local orders for Singers already. 

Really?  20 sounds an awful lot of cars and money from little old Au vs their total global sales levels - not convinced but would love to see them here!   

7 minutes ago, mc968cs said:

Really?  20 sounds an awful lot of cars and money from little old Au vs their total global sales levels - not convinced but would love to see them here!   

That's what I heard - maybe that stat came from Zagames trying to inflate the success of the program? That said, imagine how many years it would take to fulfil that many orders! Singer doesn't exactly smash them out.

34 minutes ago, mrar said:

There are other options to local Au market.

Dare I ask who would be providing that service? 

Not saying they don't exist or it can't be done, as a blank cheque combined with artisans building a very high quality 911 is achievable, yet they would want to be bloody good to be able to say they're on par with a Singer! 

39 minutes ago, mrar said:

Nah, sorry I mean as donor rhd cars to

singer builds.

Spoke with a dealer who told me he had supplied some 964 to zagqame.

Os cars not from domestic supply.

The complication is the o/s cars have to be imported to Australia first, then sent to the USA. Adds time and cost. 

17 minutes ago, OBRUT said:

The complication is the o/s cars have to be imported to Australia first, then sent to the USA. Adds time and cost. 

Correct otherwise you’d paying a ridiculous amount more in terms of duties. The thing is that if Zagame are sourcing cars locally there’s barely ever any advertised hence why I thought the red UK one would have been snapped up as it’s likely the only suitible doner car on the market. 

5 hours ago, Andy73 said:

That's what I heard - maybe that stat came from Zagames trying to inflate the success of the program? That said, imagine how many years it would take to fulfil that many orders! Singer doesn't exactly smash them out.

Close to what I also heard via a contact that is talking to them re a slot. All u need to do is put your $100k down now to secure the slot which is around 3 years away and have the doner ready circa 12 months out from build slot to go through all the necessary prep and export processes. Apparent a few slots have been locked in with cars yet to be sourced. They have been trying to secure some cars from HK as well for clients that are not that price sensitive.

1 hour ago, Tips said:

Close to what I also heard via a contact that is talking to them re a slot. All u need to do is put your $100k down now to secure the slot which is around 3 years away and have the doner ready circa 12 months out from build slot to go through all the necessary prep and export processes. Apparent a few slots have been locked in with cars yet to be sourced. They have been trying to secure some cars from HK as well for clients that are not that price sensitive.

Crazy that people have the patience to wait 4 years to get their cars made 

On 29/09/2021 at 22:56, Sepand said:

Crazy that people have the patience to wait 4 years to get their cars made 

That’s not unusual 😅

On 29/09/2021 at 17:32, Andy73 said:

As in Singer alternatives?

Greg Bailey is working on an interesting project 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 21:55, Arnage said:

My view is the car is a track car & nothing else. I have nothing against it at all & have know doubt the owner lavished cash on it probably because it's been chased around race tracks, I'm sure it would be a hoot to drive.

CTS (same dealer) also have  couple of 964 cars for sale as well as this one, both very factory original, a C4 (1990) manual $126k & a 30 Jarhe anniversary (1993) wide body car at $176k only 911 made. 

My point being that why should a bastardised track car have a sticker price well above solid original cars. 

Answers on a postcard to PFA

Love the discussion around $200k for a track hack at CTS and the price in 2019 of some of these stock 964's.  I notice CTS has two pretty high priced modded 964's in stock, and $300k is the new $200k.

33 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Love the discussion around $200k for a track hack at CTS and the price in 2019 of some of these stock 964's.  I notice CTS has two pretty high priced modded 964's in stock, and $300k is the new $200k.

where did u see the 964? recently?