Home built Hot Rod

MFX

Hey Jeff,

Just watched the vid - fantastic! Sorry, I may have missed a prev edition but what engine is it?

It is a dirty old 2.7 ;) . It appears to have had a very dodgy rebuild, so it is going to get the full treatment, hopefully with some nice performance bits and pieces.

It is a dirty old 2.7 ;) . It appears to have had a very dodgy rebuild, so it is going to get the full treatment, hopefully with some nice performance bits and pieces.

What sort of engine Displacement and power out put are you aiming for with the rebuild  Jeff ...........:)

What sort of engine Displacement and power out put are you aiming for with the rebuild  Jeff ...........:)

At this stage I have been in discussions with Performance Developments in LA, and I am looking to stick to a 2.7 at this stage. But we will strengthen the case, open up the valves, and add 9.5:1 pistons, and some more aggressive cams. As for induction, I am not sure on what I am doing as far as that goes at this stage. Basically I am looking at building a nice, strong, reliable engine, that is still streetable. I am hoping for somewhere around 220-230hp, in a nice light 911 should still be fun.

At this stage I have been in discussions with Performance Developments in LA, and I am looking to stick to a 2.7 at this stage. But we will strengthen the case, open up the valves, and add 9.5:1 pistons, and some more aggressive cams. As for induction, I am not sure on what I am doing as far as that goes at this stage. Basically I am looking at building a nice, strong, reliable engine, that is still streetable. I am hoping for somewhere around 220-230hp, in a nice light 911 should still be fun.

And old friend of mine recently did a similar engine build to what you are thinking about,,,he had S cams and 40mm PMO,s and makes that sort of power ,,,the car is a fully restored signal yellow  71 911 S ,,,,,,230 odd hp in an early light weight 911 is plenty ,looking forward to seeing this come together Mate :D

Finished yet? You'll get sick of orange soon if you dont get a wriggle on and get an engine in that thing :ph34r:

Haha, It seems like I barely see Orange, as I am continually bombarded with Black and Silver where ever I look :lol: (around here anyway ;)).

Black RSRs? I haven't seen any at the moment ! Got any pics?

It's one of the colours i'm tossing up based off jack olsen's build.

Here is a black one for you ,,,take it from me Black is a lot of work to maintain ,,,,if I were building a car like Jeff,s I would go with a bright fun 70,s colour like orange or green etc just looks the part on an RSR :D

Copy_of_DSC00471.jpg

I love black cars too, and they do look awesome when they are kept immaculate, but it is a lot more work. If you paint it black though, don't go with any stupid metallic. The best black is straight solid gloss black, and polished so it is a mirror :D 

I love black cars too, and they do look awesome when they are kept immaculate, but it is a lot more work. If you paint it black though, don't go with any stupid metallic. The best black is straight solid gloss black, and polished so it is a mirror :D 

I'm in with that... It's a bit extra work to keep clean but I'm a neat freak and love cleaning my babee!

Jeff - never spilled degreaser, but plenty of engine oil.  this is your friend, albeit a bit late...

Main.jpg

I have thought about getting a parts cleaner, but I am trying to cut down the amount of crap I have cluttering the garage. I don't think I would use it enough to warrant the space :( 

Although I am incredibly clumsy, so maybe it is worth considering ;)