What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

2 hours ago, StevepGT3 said:

Shit lee, the backdate and whatever was one thing, but you’ve gone too far this time, expect a visit from the Porsche Protective Services  Agency to discuss your suitability as a custodian.

I'm sorry ?

22 minutes ago, hugh said:

Bummer @LeeM. In a lot of these instances, it can always be worse. Car looks bruised but repairable, hope you are all ok. 

Absolutely. Just glad it wasn't the 2 corners before, as there is a big drop off and him trees to hit. I'm good thanks mate, just bashed around from the lateral impact. Hip, shoulder, neck and wrist so far

7 hours ago, LeeM said:

Yeah, not quite there with the water cooled thing yet mate. I loved the 996 I drove on Sunday, so I can imagine yours would be just as much fun.

What did I do to mine?  Thought I'd rearrange the bodywork on Sunday for that real ghetto look. Think I nailed it ?

Shit Lee that's terrible obviously wasn't a swipe due to new parking ain your street, otherwise I would have read of a murderous rampage by a rampant muso wielding battery powered tradie tools in the SA times... Hope it aint too costly. Here's an idea, I know a bloke with a cool ghetto Coxster who'll swap ya.

On 15 June 2018 at 2:42 AM, TwoHeadsTas said:

Service today on the 996.2 after another 5000 or so kms.  Oil much cleaner this time, so the flushes with the last couple of oil changes appears to have worked in clearing out the gunk resulting from little prior usage.  Only one cam sensor fault instead of the numerous ones from previous.  Will check fault codes again in another 5000kms, and if no faults will stretch service period to 10000kms, or yearly.  Coolant reservoir all opaque, so recommendation to replace that too.  But the big one, another set of rear tyres needed?  Inner shoulders worn after only 16000kms, rest has even wear with lots of tread left.  Diagnosed as most likely out of alignment (looking back at invoices that came with car, no Wheel Alignment done when the Contis were put on - not very good PR Technology!!!).

Mechanic recommended trying Yoko Neova ad08rs as they seem to be a bit more resistant to wear on the shoulder - anyone tried these?

Looking at the tread pattern these look very much a track tyre rather than an everyday road tyre???

Every time I have dealt with chewed out shoulders in cars with IRS it was the lower rear ball joint, not the alignment.  Not familiar with the suspension design but look into it.  Especially if it is right on the corner of the tyre.

9 hours ago, LeeM said:

Yeah, not quite there with the water cooled thing yet mate. I loved the 996 I drove on Sunday, so I can imagine yours would be just as much fun.

What did I do to mine?  Thought I'd rearrange the bodywork on Sunday for that real ghetto look. Think I nailed it ?

20180701_124415.jpg

20180702_095822.jpg

Perfect time to fit the wide body flares now!

1 hour ago, Coastr said:

Every time I have dealt with chewed out shoulders in cars with IRS it was the lower rear ball joint, not the alignment.  Not familiar with the suspension design but look into it.  Especially if it is right on the corner of the tyre.

Perfect time to fit the wide body flares now!

Thanks Coastr, will discuss with my mechanic.  Not much point putting new tyres on if it's going to do exactly the same thing again, so will definitely look into...

4 hours ago, MARTY said:

Only just picked up on this sorry to see the damage @LeeM to your car mate I’m sure the insurance will make it as good as new again.

Cheers. Shit happens mate. Hoping it's a trouble free repair job and not too long. Been to a well respected Porsche repairer for a quote who seem to think it's an easy job, and Shannons seem to be on the ball at the moment so we'll see what happens. It will come back a better car which is a bonus

15 minutes ago, Niko said:

Woo Hoooooo.. my lowered springs for the BBC just arrived.....

Ordered yesterday afternoon......can't complain about the service.

IMG_1133

0A72740A-DF88-4D3A-89F0-C7250884D395

Bet you're excited to get those on asap! That extra inch changes the look and handling nicely. My missus says the same thing often:CoolDance:

2 minutes ago, Airhead said:

Would that be at the Dandenong Ranges Porsche Improvement Centre?

And have you booked a chiropractors appointment for around 27/7?

haha no, we decided to let the "professionals"  fit them, JOCARO got the job.

Actually pays to shop around.   First quote I got to supply and fit including wheel alignments....$1800.00:wacko:

Decided to buy the springs direct from EIBACH in Sydney $620.00 plus $22.00 freight.

Asked Sean from JOCARO for a quote to fit and alignments.   $600.00.:D

Sean used to do all my Boxster work.   Now the BBC is out of warranty (extended) I'll be back to JOCARO more often.

When I bought my car last year, I noted that a couple of the central dash vent vanes were faulty. Today I fiinally got around to replacing the vent after purchasing a replacement from the States a while back.

Only a small job, but still a little stressful when needing to break it down to remove!

8 hours ago, Dalai said:

When I bought my car last year, I noted that a couple of the central dash vent vanes were faulty. Today I fiinally got around to replacing the vent after purchasing a replacement from the States a while back.

Only a small job, but still a little stressful when needing to break it down to remove!

Nice to be enthused in the middle of winter rain and bluster, you know your car's near on perfect when the outstanding job is a couple of vent vanes

I have to agree that I am extremely fortunate to be the current custodian of a car that was very well looked after by the previous custodians including @PhilH.

Only other job pending that I'll get around to shortly is to replace the back right rubber on the IB. The rubber has a 1 inch vertical cut in its middle... Replacement was also already bought a while back from here; thanks for an easy transaction @9er!

4 hours ago, Dalai said:

I have to agree that I am extremely fortunate to be the current custodian of a car that was very well looked after by the previous custodians including @PhilH.

Only other job pending that I'll get around to shortly is to replace the back right rubber on the IB. The rubber has a 1 inch vertical cut in its middle... Replacement was also already bought a while back from here; thanks for an easy transaction @9er!

I do have to say that broken vent always irritated me too...just never got around to doing it!  Think I got most things done though :-)

Little Boxster has been in the shed for a few days and I've now got the race seats and harnesses in, all carpets out, and she's down at Fitzy's having the new suspension, pads and brake fluid done. I even gave the dirty little beast a shampoo and conditioner

Lxwe50Z.jpg

pi4wmVn.jpg

66imLHX.jpg

On 10/07/2018 at 23:46, LeeM said:

After driving a 996 recently (yeah I know they're probably not the same), I can imagine the Shitster would be a helluva laugh to drive. You're speaking my language fella! Nice work

Fun Lee, you hit the nail on the head there, and low cost per smile. Actually it's similar to my 996 in that it aint too much slower  and both have had exhaust treatment, well it's noisy inside so feels faster than it is hahah and being about 130kgs lighter. That lightness makes it feel about the same as the 996 in the front but you still feel the difference between mid mounted vs rear mounted. Brakes are the same and with the Miche cup tyres on it, when the suspension's done I hope it'll handle a lot better being mid mounted vs the 996 with 030 suspension. Best bang for buck in the P world