Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

I might just have to bring the Cayenne on the next SMT for a shit stir... I've taken it through reefton before at pace that would not hold up 90+% of the SMT runners.  

Its not always all facts n figures, hp numbers and brake diameters.  Sometimes it's just driving the shit outta what you've got!

For me true exhilaration is when both your driving ability and the car's capabilities are simultaneously at 10/10ths.

So if you're not driving your GT3/TT through there like Rueben Zeltner, it could just be more rewarding to step the car down a few 10ths and your driving up a few. Of course any ego would need to be able to deal with loss of some badge based bragging rights...

What ever car you buy or build, there's always more performance available in it or something else, and you can chase that tail forever. 

Or just drive harder.

Ps. I reckon that gemballa would hammer!

Perhaps hold off on that Cayenne thought for the next SMT until the moons are aligned and you can shit stir at my expense in person.  Itching to do my first PFA SMT and would be happy to ease into it via some some key swapping (your over 25 years of age right) to get a different perspective of ride height for some of the journey. But key swap and moons aligned means giving me a bit of time to pass under the bridge to have at least one decent scratch of the performance tail chasing itch so I can ask you seriously what do you think?.  In terms of driving the shit out of what you got,  in my own mind, been doing that for a while whilst also chasing my tail.   PS The only non stock mod to my 996tt when I brought it appeared to be a Gemballa shortshifter.  I am not the only that can't wait to piss it off back to a factory part.  Even the wife recently commented on it unfavourably (jaw dropping moment) 

I'm a skeptic of any numbers sprouted unless they have something to support them.  I'm seeing that 3.9s quote as mere marketing puffery to widen the net and I'm a  skeptic and would reserve my judgment on its butt dyno hammering capabilities.  But it would appear to have a lot of butt dyno potential in comparison to a stock one and definitely on the right  side of that performance chasing tail equation when it comes to dollars being outlayed.

I'm acknowledging my lack of driving skills and plenty of room for improvement compared to the likes of Jimtt and DJM who I have seen action  in semi potential / semi serious mode.  If you were not far off the  pace in a less capable car on paper (996 Carrera??) when they are really serious, to me that's super impressive.  Would you rate that Reefton run mentioned up their with close to one of your 10/10th days.  However,  with me in the Cayenne per the link below (400k euro in its day, 750hp Gembella  for a mere 0 to 100 in 4.3 secs), and you in that first Gen Gembella / frist gen Cayenne claiming 550 hp and 3.9 s and looking beyond numbers and with a focusing on hammering, not seeing you are going to consistently pull two cars on me on any dual lane entry ramp on the East Link / Peninsula freeway / Franskston freeway from a roll before either of us are required to temper ones hammering enthusiasm (merging with any freeway traffic/ retaining our current number of demerit points)

I'm putting that Cayenne in the lots of potential basket for circa 35k,  but buyer beware as  appears something NQR.  Perhaps it could just be an IO keyboarding error in the description

http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Gemballa-Tornado-750-GTS-Porsche-Cayenne-Turbo.html

Edited by smit2100

Dont worry Smitty , Im with you all the way.. I call on you for the enquiry cos I know you would have done it ;)

As for Turbos nah im still a boost man in some departments , I only own 2 NA cars out of the 7 at home at present.  I think the real question for me on the Cayene is how many more kms would it do.

A rogue 997 TT or  GT2 997 is on the list buddy

The thing with living in Byron is 98 is $1.60 plus and oil burner makes more sense with 1200 kms a week just popping to town and for grocceries and  its always a 800km tow plus for Sydney Blacktop sessions and a 5 hr tow for a decent technical track in QLD. 

I rarely see Porsche tow cars , apart from the once a year show ponys, I would buy one but in my question on forums no one seems to rate them tow ..not even if towing a GT3

ML63 (M156)  are tow masters. It's also about the chassis as well, ML63 is far superior ( as in stable but fluid ) towing chassis to a 100 series TD I had all be it obviously less durable and a tad more pricey. Used mine towing a 3 t boat 1000's km x heaps. 

I'm acknowledging my lack of driving skills and plenty of room for improvement compared to the likes of Jimtt and DJM who I have seen action  in semi potential / semi serious mode.  If you were not far off the  pace in a less capable car on paper (996 Carrera??) when they are really serious, to me that's super impressive.  Would you rate that Reefton run mentioned up their with close to one of your 10/10th days.  

That would have been close to a 9/10ths run (for blind open roads) helped by stale worn rear tyres in the wet.  I personally couldn't have gone much quicker in that car at the time. 

Once replaced with fresh Michies the car's capability went up significantly...so to maintain the ratio you gots to quicker!

The only thing much more fun than that is driving on pace notes on closed roads (preferably gravel ones)...then you can drive faster than the road you can see and go 11/10ths! 

Only downside then is then even small mistakes have big consequences...

So back to whats for sale.... anything interesting?

In case anyone missed out on buying a 12 month old Boxster back in 2002...:unsure:

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4799253?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

And this seems good value for a series 2 997 C4S manual coupe

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4797345?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

keeps up with modern traffic easily

Well with the commuter crawl and hwy speed limits this shouldn't be all that hard. It is a sports car made by Porsche after all.

long term female artist owner

Run away, for many reasons! 

Alright. Forget everything I said about driving slow cars fast.... I WANT THIS!

Hopefully its been well tracked and proper overrevved - I wanna know she is broken in for me!

Ps. Whats the going rate for a kidney? And any other body parts one can do without and still drive?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4801078?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

cp5595343117989511304.jpg?aspect=FitWith

cp5058354785625004285.jpg?aspect=FitWithcp4727103632248457366.jpg?aspect=FitWith

Ps. Whats the going rate for a kidney? And any other body parts one can do without and still drive?

https://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/_/SSE-AD-4801078?WT.seg_4=AutoAlert;PCAA

It's almost affordable if you say the monthly payment quickly.....and it's easy to send the repayment instruction to the bank (of course, getting the money in there may be an issue!)

almost%20affordable_zps2viwyswf.png

Edited by jakroo

It's almost affordable if you say the monthly payment quickly.....and it's easy to send the repayment instruction to the bank (of course, getting the money in there may be an issue!)

It'd be interesting to see who gets it first...the impound yard or the the repo guy!

Hey that could be a plan... if ya get the timing right the repo guy won't be able to take it because it's impounded.

It'd be interesting to see who gets it first...the impound yard or the the repo guy!

Hey that could be a plan... if ya get the timing right the repo guy won't be able to take it because it's impounded.

They've got to catch you first!

You beauty!  Looks like a kidney will easily cover it and leave me plus some change.

It looks straight forward enough too.. https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/003001.htm

They may need to update the section on "why the procedure is performed" to include funding GT3s!