Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

it's the new breed of Outlaw - auto gearbox......??

black wheels doth not maketh an Outlaw!

So the ad didn't pass the sniff test I take it?  You forgot to include black tints with the black wheels

I thought  outlaw incorporated changed motor / increase in HP from factory output or does the use of  "outlaw style" provide a qualification / dispensation.   Pretty nice looking stock exhaust setup me thinks. (nice photo before the engine went back in, but me thinks 5 minutes with some steel wool wouldn't have gone astray on the smaller tips (be keen to get the factory part number for those tips)  before the photoshoot for the ad or is that part of the outlaw style as well (50/50 blackened out).  No tune for an "outlaw style"   just to get it to a lazy (whopping) on par factory  309kw output is a bit disappointing having read the whole ad after the intro.  Does "outlaw style" for the 996tt mean bit of show but no better than factory go.

Re" purchasing this car you will save over 20k in fixing the mount and cooling problems known to occur in these cars. Buy a car that hasn't had these done and you WILL end up paying for expensive repairs when they fail while driving. "

I'm all for preventative maintenance particularly with ageing rubber bits (hats off on addressing the mounts compared to the others) but was a bit confused with the reason for dropping the engine i.e Did it read as having at least one leak or was the owner just being cautious  and spent the coin(not disputing the number) to pin the coolant pipes before they WILL fail and doing some tranny servicing work whilst the engines out 

Each to their own on how one goes about fixing the 996TT cooling problems,  but I'd be interested to know if the 20k in invoices included any of the following part numbers. i.e my version of  what is more akin to "Sleeper style"  to  fix the 996TT cooling /intake problems.

997 GT2RS  Intercoolers99711064071
997 GT2RS  Intercoolers99711063971
Intercooler Spring Clips99710680205
996 Intercooler Piping hose O rings - #2099610680106
996 Intercooler Pressure Hose  - Left #399611064573
996 Intercooler Pressure Hose  - Right#399611064475
996 Intercooler Pressure Hose  - left#499611063174
996 Intercooler Pressure Hose  - right#499611063075
996 Intercooler Pressure Hose  Clamp#599951234901
996 Intercooler Pressure Hose Retainer clips#999610680212
996 Intercooler Rubber Mounting#3199611063870
996 Intercooler Rubber Mounting Washers #3299902525501
996 Intercooler Rubber Mounting Lock Washers #3390011601509
996 Intake Piping - Evoms99611062272
996 Intake Tube (Used - to be sent to Evoms for mods) 99611062371
Diverter Valves 99311033751
Diverter Valves Clamps 32x12 #2699951263000
Recirculation F  hose#2499611068173
Forge Diverter Valves Clamps 46x12 #2899951261309

it's the new breed of Outlaw - auto gearbox......??

black wheels doth not maketh an Outlaw!

But apparently an outlaw sticker does...

And, yeah...I don't think he's realised if you have to tell everyone you're an Outlaw, you probably aren't...

Off Market Opportunity - via Friend - Not On Forum - $75K

• 1992 Porsche 964 C4  Coupe in White, Black Leather , 146,000kms , Manual , Sunroof
  • Cup  1 wheels, Straight panels, paint good , may need some tidy
  • NSW full reg , Personal import , USA Car , profesional Convert LHD-RHD
  • Last owner 10 years , Minimal use last 5 years just needs some TLC
  • Air cond needs gas, probably ballast resistor , Engine lid and bonnet struts need replacing
  • Reported to have no rust , No oil leaks

Msg me and I can intro to the person with the lead, sorry folks , requested not post photos , on face value they dont come along like this very often. I just purchased a 964 so dont need another.

show us some photos of your 964 instead, what did u buy? How much did u pay? 4 or 2? Come on, details, I think I'm bored

LOT$ , 90 C2 TARGA, Low 50's kms . Thats all your getting...... Dont ask whats under the bonnet other than some Liqui-Moly lube the rest is private and yes .. before you ask Black Leather all the way, still refining the go forward concept with the cerise detailed calipers etc..you know, one of those colour direction moments.  I have a black car also on the way from your domain - the number plates gonna be KINK .. because its got great cornering skills

22323774_1584252164971027_151110151_o_zp

LOT$ , 90 C2 TARGA, Low 50's kms . Thats all your getting...... Dont ask whats under the bonnet other than some Liqui-Moly lube the rest is private and yes .. before you ask Black Leather all the way, still refining the go forward concept with the cerise detailed calipers etc..you know, one of those colour direction moments.  I have a black car also on the way from your domain - the number plates gonna be KINK .. because its got great cornering skills

nice! The illusive 964 C2 targa. You really do have your finger on the pulse

LOT$ , 90 C2 TARGA, Low 50's kms . Thats all your getting...... Dont ask whats under the bonnet other than some Liqui-Moly lube the rest is private and yes .. before you ask Black Leather all the way, still refining the go forward concept with the cerise detailed calipers etc..you know, one of those colour direction moments.  I have a black car also on the way from your domain - the number plates gonna be KINK .. because its got great cornering

No wonder low km. Prior owner probably thought the plates and "sexyland" sticker were a good idea at the time, but had a change of heart each time he/she went to drive it. 

But seriously, looks like a great find - congrats.  

you just gotta drive that around with a blow up doll in it.

I just called into PC Brighton and while there noticed a White Turbo S for sale.  Some nice subtle options too, drive away price $524,097.  It looked magnificent though (as it should).

I need to go back to work as looking at new cars on a retired wage is killing me.  I need 3 days a week to satisfy my need to purchase in 12 months.  Anyone looking for an HR Consultant?

I just called into PC Brighton and while there noticed a White Turbo S for sale.  Some nice subtle options too, drive away price $524,097.  It looked magnificent though (as it should).

I need to go back to work as looking at new cars on a retired wage is killing me.  I need 3 days a week to satisfy my need to purchase in 12 months.  Anyone looking for an HR Consultant?

You can get me a job , I can then buy some more cars .. I here ya , who came up with this retirement concept.. = less cars 

LuckyPhil: I'm sorry darling but I need to move out of our blessed marital home for a while.  I'm hoping it's not for too long.

MrsUnluckyPhil: Oh no, that's terrible news.  Please tell me why my sweet heart....it isn't that trollop that moved in 2 doors down is it?

LuckyPhil: No my darling, it's not her.  I'm hoping it won't be permanent, but it does depend on a few things going my way.

MrsUnluckyPhil:  Where are you going?  Where will you stay?

LuckyPhil: In our new Porsche.  You'll really like it my one and true love.  It's white which is a much easier colour to keep clean than our current black nightmare.  And it's turbo powered so it's cheaper on fuel for the same power output.

MrsUnluckyPhil:  That sounds permanent to me....

Forum members car .. hang on I got his number somewhere.. you can drop him a SMS..:Chuckle2:  Looks well done , nice shiny tyres... hardly kicked ;)