Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

Plenty of boost here for sale 

1976 930 Turbo

Californian car professionally converted to RHD in the late 90's with a rebuilt 1980 euro 3.3 turbo engine in it 

Details as per COA are

VIN 9306800180
Model 930 Turbo Coupe- California
Year 1976 Built December 1975
Colour Cockney Brown
Interior Leather Brown/Beige, Seat Inlay Perforated 

Delivered California, USA
Options 220= Limited Slip Differential 
409= Sports Seats 650= Sunroof 

The rest of the car remains mostly original including the gearbox... if anyone here is interested give me a call on 0417369649 regards James. $109K

CIMG2925%20copy_zpsdboku5u6.jpg

An interesting personal perspective Smit. TBH I think the pricing on this car is somewhat speculative given the ultra low km traveled, and I have no doubt the condition also is reflective of this. Having said this, in the UK where I live 996's are seeing a real surge in value right now, and buyers seem to be willing to pay big $$$ for cars that have obviously lived in cotton wool. You may be right in saying that low km cars 'can' have issues just like other cars, but low km's are still the best indicator of overall condition (sure parts wear when sitting still - but they wear faster when in use). I personally would buy a car with 10,000kms over a similar car with 60,000kms everyday of the week, given all else is equal.

You have to also appreciate that there are different Porsche buyers for different types of experiences. I know you have only driven one Porsche (your 996TT) but there are many thousands of owners and enthusiasts that would never own a blown 911 (me being one)! Porsche is well known for turbo engines, but they are even more famous for their naturally aspirated cars. They are all different driving experiences, and although a turbo provides a great surge of acceleration, it couldn't hope to deliver the same kind of visceral driving emotion of a GT3 (for example). The 911 legend was built on it's class leading agility, response and tactility, not just pure speed. I don't mean to play down your amazing car, but on the right road, in the right conditions, that 996 4S may be much more engaging, emotive and rewarding to certain people.

I think the value of a car is more linked to the driving and ownership experience one is seeking and covets, rather than it's comparison to other models. The price of a mint 911SC isn't necessarily commensurate to the price of a 930 Turbo. It could in fact be more...

Whether or not that particular car sells anywhere near the asking price... I guess the market will decide.

Having just purchased a C4S ( as did Hughesy ) I've just fitted a pair of Dansk Super Sound's and much prefer the sound of the NA 996's over the TT - BUT Id love a TT for the performance - If that 34000KM TT from Canberra was still available I would have jumped at it

Is anyone familiar with this 993tts? http://duttongarage.com/Porsche-911-993-Turbo-S~15210

Nope -  but they want $695K for it!

I got up early to see if I could catch a good buy .. the markets still a bit flat .

But there was this thing , not so sure on the body kit , im sure theres is a 911under there somewhere  , dont think you have to worry about the VIN , no metal to stamp to 

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1969-reliant-regal-supervan-mk3/191864612175?_trksid=p2047675.c100009.m1982&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140117125611%26meid%3Dda7e44e1b5e046bfbb1626d8e14c7add%26pid%3D100009%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D10%26mehot%3Dpp%26sd%3D282027544804

_57-3_zpsr94tyvnd.jpg

Maybe we could all pitch in a buy it.

Take it to Nurburgring and claim the inaugural three wheeler lap record!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Nürburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times

Having just purchased a C4S ( as did Hughesy ) I've just fitted a pair of Dansk Super Sound's and much prefer the sound of the NA 996's over the TT - BUT Id love a TT for the performance - If that 34000KM TT from Canberra was still available I would have jumped at it

No argument from me on the note from a stock 996 turbo.  Very anemic in my opinion from the outside and in the cabin.  So much so that the exhaust was replaced with less than 1 hour of driving time with the original setup.  I  just fitted a Kline X pipe 2.5" setup with HJS 100 cell cats with the stock X51 tips.  Only drove it about 1 hour in total with the new exhaust setup, but very happy with the setup chosen and light and day difference from stock

I actually love the side scoops as well on the TT - Compared to the G Series, 993, and 997 Turbos that offer the most phenomenal value in the Porsche lineage

Why haven't people woken up yet ?

FAP I LOVE MY C4S, ITS ABSOLUTELY PERFECT 

SURE A TURBO WOULD BE GREAT BUT NO BETTER!!

DIFFERENT BUT NO BETTER 

AND I REALLY DO HOPE HE GETS HIS ASKING PRICE 

ALL THE BETTER FOR ALL OF US :D

hughesy you dropped some marmalade on the keyboard and jammed up the keys? 

Is anyone familiar with this 993tts? http://duttongarage.com/Porsche-911-993-Turbo-S~15210

it looks very much like the black 993 TTS that Peter Fitzgerald had in his workshop last year.  Pretty sure he said the owner had knocked back $550k offer from Duttons so I assume the negotiation finally got to his selling price.  You could call peter and ask if it's the same car he worked on.

it looks very much like the black 993 TTS that Peter Fitzgerald had in his workshop last year.  Pretty sure he said the owner had knocked back $550k offer from Duttons so I assume the negotiation finally got to his selling price.  You could call peter and ask if it's the same car he worked on.

But its 4WD

12809531_819356458194055_832189779322277

Ok i guess they have their place..

10923245_623055274490842_441205963628552

Ok now I will behave back to what cars are for sale.. get out there and buy one … TOM did ;) 

It could be

If so, it had a full respray at Paint & Custom

This one seems to have had a bit of a price drop ..... $23k

More realistic now, or still needs to go further?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-1970/SSE-AD-4012477/?Cr=20

Not only are the steering wheel and the engine bay well bad, but surely the "wrong" body and engine like this has to seriously impact the value and therefore it is still too much money. Or am I missing something...

Cheers, might do that.

Bit "o' normal corrosion. So you like the bumpers then?

as normal as it is, 5 minutes with some auto sol and a cable tie would make a world of difference on this car.  Also, as noted a $80 steering wheel from Repco to replace the $30 one from Supercheap.

The bumpers? I have always preferred IB cars, so yes, I like them. A lot. :)