Whats for sale (in Australia ) and interesting Thread

came here to post about klassy, beaten to it!

Hell of a project for someone.

For the amount of work/cash this will take to make it into a nice car is it worth that??

Weld a roof on $5k, panels purchase $10k, engine gearbox $20k,spray job $20k, wheels seats etc etc.

ask Jono!

DJM

I happen to agree with your comment about the engine. The challenge is that you as the seller and me as an observer don't decide what it's worth. The buyers do. What interests me is trying to understand buyer behavior and therefore what really drives prices. It's like property values.

Good luck with the sale. I know from my own experiences that it's a frustrating time, particularly when you don't really understand why or how the market is valuing your car.

I agree with the comment about the engine being rebuild having said that...if it's not matching number if I was a buyer I'll be thinking firstly why? and start questioning myself has the car been an accident? what was the reason it doesn't have matching number? engine blown?

I passed on the viper car a few years ago, I knew one of the previous owners. It's a Jap LHD car converted by Zag. When they did the build they changed the plugs and the oil but did nothing else with the engine - wtf? 

When I passed the engine was in need of a top end rebuild. It also needed the bonnet painted and decals re-applied along with other minor tidy up items. The seller wanted $55k, I put a figure of $20-25k in work required and I didn't see the value given it was a converted Jap car. Today $55k seems cheap but at the time where the market was I felt good walking away. 

Cool car if you like back dates but it was a rough runner and to be fair it may well have had the required work, so best checking it out first hand but ppi should be carried out.

may be just me but any tribute left hooker nth of $100k is dreamer territory

Dave

Can somebody please explain to me the values of 930's. I am totally lost. leaving aside the 'silly money" for messed with cars, the range seems to be something like $165k-270k for what seems to me to be almost o differences. And people seem to be going for the expensive cars. I'm confused. Are all these cars really that different fro each other?

I passed on the viper car a few years ago, I knew one of the previous owners. It's a Jap LHD car converted by Zag. When they did the build they changed the plugs and the oil but did nothing else with the engine - wtf? 

This car was built for a friend of mine. I remember visiting Zag with him, just after the car was started, and they simply said the engine was a good one. I thought it had been compression and leak down tested (memory might be playing tricks). I don't think he paid a lot for the car by today's standard - I suspect the car and conversion work cost about the same as a backdate would cost today:o Maybe that's why the engine wasn't touched. I particularly remember going to pick it up - in my red RS

The other thing to consider is that the car was done 9 years ago. What was an OK engine then might not have been so good 5 years later (when i guess you first saw it). 

I am surprised about the need for paintwork, although the car was parked down by the bay so maybe the salt air played a part.

1990 964 C4 160km $159k...:mellow: same price as the C2 currently for sale. anybody know this car? i thought i had a fair idea on pricing for these but now i wonder. if this sells for anywhere close to that money, i need to call my insurer...

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/SSE-AD-4234333/

cp5250357188004273815.jpg?aspect=FitWith

1990 964 C4 160km $159k...:mellow: same price as the C2 currently for sale. anybody know this car? i thought i had a fair idea on pricing for these but now i wonder. if this sells for anywhere close to that money, i need to call my insurer...

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/SSE-AD-4234333/

yeah

saw that just a few minutes ago. Nice looking car.

A bit low on the details.. Is it a members car?

Wonder what he paid originally...

This car was built for a friend of mine. I remember visiting Zag with him, just after the car was started, and they simply said the engine was a good one. I thought it had been compression and leak down tested (memory might be playing tricks). I don't think he paid a lot for the car by today's standard - I suspect the car and conversion work cost about the same as a backdate would cost today:o Maybe that's why the engine wasn't touched. I particularly remember going to pick it up - in my red RS

The other thing to consider is that the car was done 9 years ago. What was an OK engine then might not have been so good 5 years later (when i guess you first saw it). 

I am surprised about the need for paintwork, although the car was parked down by the bay so maybe the salt air played a part.

the paint needed was for damage - something had fallen on the bonnet in the garage if I recall correctly. Minor ding but the whole bonnet needed painting to get the color right. General quality of the paint seemed very good

yeah

saw that just a few minutes ago. Nice looking car.

A bit low on the details.. Is it a members car?

Wonder what he paid originally...

I ❤️ the colour combo but strewth, the price. Would suggest he's talking to an audience that knows him and the car. If not PFA then who? Out yourself you brazen price pushing person.

That's it, my Forrest green, tan interior, AU C4 manual with 112,XXXkm is for sale at $140K. Or staraight swap for 996 GT3.  

Madness. ?

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1990/SSE-AD-4234333

I ❤️ the colour combo but strewth, the price. Would suggest he's talking to an audience that knows him and the car. If not PFA then who? Out yourself you brazen price pushing person.

I guess when there are so few on the market, it's worth trying that price. If you want a 964 C4, you don't have much to choose from at the moment (or C2)

perhaps people are realising that 930's don't drive nearly as good as they look...  (And yes I have had one)

I must agree my NA p-cars feel more responsive than my 930 did... but i did like the 930's raw pull on full boost 

That's why you should get something like this - with turbo looks and NA responsiveness :) 

Have I got a deal for you! 

I must agree my NA p-cars feel more responsive than my 930 did... but i did like the 930's raw pull on full boost 

Agree 100%.  Mine had a decent power increase over stock but the boost thing, whilst fun, was a bit of a one trick pony.  If I had kept it I think would have re-geared it over converted it to 5 Spd. 

Agree 100%.  Mine had a decent power increase over stock but the boost thing, whilst fun, was a bit of a one trick pony.  If I had kept it I think would have re-geared it over converted it to 5 Spd. 

Oooh - and that's why you get something like this :) 

http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/8720-911-carrera-narrow-body-turbo/