996 GT3 Purchase

I personally wouldn’t be too concerned about a gap between services. With such low kilometres it has most likely spent some time in someone’s collection.

Looks pretty clean to me, nice car and worthy of a solid price

1 minute ago, GUT said:

But only 1000km between them. I hope whoever buys it drives it!

definitely! I think you'd want a major service before giving it a good thrash. 

It is indeed the same car that was sold by J Garage in Adelaide about 7 months ago. Listed at 179K and sold within 2 weeks back then. This car has definitely had more than two owners. First owner was Roger Lago (Carrera cup and Aus GT racer), I know the 2nd owner who had it for some years in Adelaide then CTS sold in for him in 2016, then back to Adelaide to be sold again last year. So autohouse are embellishing on the number of owners a bit there. Very tidy looking car though. I agree with Steve, less than two weeks and it’s gone for 195.

I looked at this car when it was for sale at Buiks in 2014 for 108K but thought it was too much money at the time (so did everyone else, as it didn’t sell). If we all had time machines!

J Garage also had a black CS with PCCB last year when they they sold this car. 70K Kms for 199K and gone within a week. Sept/Oct 2020 from memory.

4B5C0D91-5663-480E-8583-77C4D90221FF.jpeg

2D5B7939-49B8-4FE6-B770-1CDF94B54F5F.jpeg

57 minutes ago, spiller said:

It is indeed the same car that was sold by J Garage in Adelaide about 7 months ago. Listed at 179K and sold within 2 weeks back then. This car has definitely had more than two owners. First owner was Roger Lago (Carrera cup and Aus GT racer), I know the 2nd owner who had it for some years in Adelaide then CTS sold in for him in 2016, then back to Adelaide to be sold again last year. So autohouse are embellishing on the number of owners a bit there. Very tidy looking car though. I agree with Steve, less than two weeks and it’s gone for 195.

I looked at this car when it was for sale at Buiks in 2014 for 108K but thought it was too much money at the time (so did everyone else, as it didn’t sell). If we all had time machines!

J Garage also had a black CS with PCCB last year when they they sold this car. 70K Kms for 199K and gone within a week. Sept/Oct 2020 from memory.

4B5C0D91-5663-480E-8583-77C4D90221FF.jpeg

2D5B7939-49B8-4FE6-B770-1CDF94B54F5F.jpeg

Those bloody dealers better add some value Us voyeurs have them watched and tracked 😂

17 hours ago, spiller said:

It is indeed the same car that was sold by J Garage in Adelaide about 7 months ago. Listed at 179K and sold within 2 weeks back then.

Thought so! 

17 hours ago, spiller said:

Formerly Rob K's car that one ^^ I dont think I have ever seen another GT3 with PCCB's optioned... CTS sold it last in 2015, interestingly Jay McCormack at CTS sold it new also, the story was the guy missed an RS build slot, so threw the carte blanche at that order. 

4 minutes ago, Jason A said:

The 3 glasses of red on the rear wing of you RS, that should be fair - assuming it’s something nice

For you mate, I will bust out the good stuff!! ;) 

Not surprised. What factors have come into play here?

a) under 200K asking price

b) guards red

c) relatively low Kms 

d) no others on carsales for months 

e) all of the above 

EDIT: Yesterday I sent the carsales link to an acquaintance who has been looking. I just asked if it was him. Autohaus told him it sold within 20 mins of going on carsales. The hype is real.

12 minutes ago, wilson59 said:

Can I have some thoughts of value being a UK car . My opinion it should not really matter but interested on others opinions 

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-gt3-rs-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-6933693/?Cr=12

Suggest you have a private discussion with @edgy