996 GT3 Purchase

On 07/06/2021 at 15:15, njb said:

Definitely recommend MB Insurance. Not Shannons.

Got a quote through MB during the week. Would not insure for more than 149K without an independent valuation and pricing was no where near Shannons. 

19 hours ago, spiller said:

I was very surprised given a number of people in here have recommended them!

Premium vs sum insured and whats it worth to you . For me, the probability of loss didnt out weigh the 50 -150 % differences in premiums  Based on lowest,   MB was way infront. I'm premium  sensitive  ( low end() against value insured sensitive.  

Do a straw poll.  Add up all owners on here annually and how many got a full payout of their policy as a percentage year on year.

However it only applied to my P car.  Thought would get a  similiar deal on my m3 and basically the  reverse  of the above.  

6 hours ago, smit2100 said:

Premium vs sum insured and whats it worth to you . For me, the probability of loss didnt out weigh the 50 -150 % differences in premiums  Based on lowest,   MB was way infront. I'm premium  sensitive  ( low end() against value insured sensitive.  

Do a straw poll.  Add up all owners on here annually and how many got a full payout of their policy as a percentage year on year.

However it only applied to my P car.  Thought would get a  similiar deal on my m3 and basically the  reverse  of the above.  

In my case they offered far less sum insured and premium was still far more so it wasn’t a difficult decision. I agree it’s nice to find a middle ground with insurance but the way these cars are going now days, if I were to lose mine, I’d want another one and wouldn’t want to have to dip back into my pocket to fund it. I also live in a bushfire zone and always prepare to get my cars out early but still nice to have the peace of mind. To me it’s important that sum insured closely matches current market value. 

2 hours ago, spiller said:

In my case they offered far less sum insured and premium was still far more so it wasn’t a difficult decision. I agree it’s nice to find a middle ground with insurance but the way these cars are going now days, if I were to lose mine, I’d want another one and wouldn’t want to have to dip back into my pocket to fund it. I also live in a bushfire zone and always prepare to get my cars out early but still nice to have the peace of mind. To me it’s important that sum insured closely matches current market value. 

As I understand it, if you don't insure for full value, you are co-insuring, so you would only get a proportional payout of the amount you have insured for????

4 hours ago, spiller said:

I also live in a bushfire zone and always prepare to get my cars out early but still nice to have the peace of mind. 

For total peace of mind, I really think you should be leaving both the GT3 and cup car at my place mate. Will ensure they're started and taken around the block every weekend 👍

10 hours ago, TwoHeadsTas said:

As I understand it, if you don't insure for full value, you are co-insuring, so you would only get a proportional payout of the amount you have insured for????

That is the case for home insurance, but I’m not sure about cars. At least I’ve never had an agent tell me that, but it could be applicable when talking about high $$ vehicles? Interesting!

8 hours ago, LeeM said:

For total peace of mind, I really think you should be leaving both the GT3 and cup car at my place mate. Will ensure they're started and taken around the block every weekend 👍

Oh, I’m sure they would be mate 😁

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Looking forward to see how $280 for 996GT3 goes..! 

Porsche 911 GT3 996 Manual MY04.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-7322200

Nice car but that is a lot for a non CS car . Had my first real drive back in the 997 GT3 after stepping out of the 991.2 GT3 yesterday so glad I Devolved what a car 

1 hour ago, luzzo said:

Looking forward to see how $280 for 996GT3 goes..! 

Porsche 911 GT3 996 Manual MY04.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2004-porsche-911-gt3-996-manual-my04/SSE-AD-7322200

So if it goes for anywhere near that, what is an RS worth? :lol:

1 hour ago, wilson59 said:

Nice car but that is a lot for a non CS car .

Agree! 

BUT who's gonna be the one to call and inform him its not a touring, but a GT3 with komfort options 😛 

31 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

They're superhot property at the moment.

I was informed that Dutton had one that had travelled on or over 100K that did not even make advertising as it walked out the door within 2 days.....

I am contacted every other day about a 996 or 997 GT3 lately to see if I know of any off market opportunities... oh how the tides have turned!