My Mk1 GT3 CS_MEZGR

hugh

Well done Hugh. Nice write up and what a wonderful looking car. I have known Michael for over 20 years and he takes great pride in his work and as you say a hell of a nice guy.

very much looking forward to seeing your car.

best wishes

c

Thanks Chris, knowing Michael looks after yours and David's cars is a huge vote of confidence. He's a very lovely guy to deal with and I know he spent a considerable more amount of time on my car than what he charged me - maybe he just loves black cars! 

Congrats Hugh . Looks fantastic . Love it ! 

Thanks Steve, looking forward to seeing your sled back on the road too. 

Wow, congratulations Hugh, what a sensational beast........with a great road trip to boot...!!

cheers

peter P

Thanks Peter, it was a long drive but I'd do it all again in a heartbeat! 

Pretty damned awesome looking beasty, and fantastic to do it as a father & son trip, proper fun. I don't envy the cleaning though ;)

What is it with architects and black cars!? 

I know, I'm too OCD for a black car but this is one of those irrational wants that I just had to scratch. Architects and black is just how we roll. I'll be keeping an eye out on the Nepean for that invisible Range Rover of yours! :lol:

So what you're really admitting is its non original paint ;) 

The 996 is deffinately born again. Looks great mate.

Hey, we all know your car has had a touch up ;) 

WOW, Sensational! now we know where 2 of 13 (15.4%) of all Aus delivered black 996.1 GT3's live (@PFA).

You know I've always loved your car, in black they just give me the fizz. This purchase is pretty much all your fault. :lol:

Well done Hugh, looks great. Love the 996.1 GT3! :)

Cheers man! 

Nice adventure, love that GT3. The young fella will remember that trip for long time I bet.

I hope so, even if his highlights were the slupee stops. :)

Congrats Hugh.  Looks beautiful.  And that's where I have a problem.  I'd want to drive it no matter what and it would end up filthy. :D  You didn't see it's ratty twin in your searches, did ya?

No ratty twins unfortunately but we do need to catch up for a drive, if I'm going to get it dirty I at least want to enjoy it with good company. :D

Well done mate, very nice acquisition. Black is worth the effort once you work out how to keep the swirls out (I'm still learning after 18 months with mine, clear film is the solution :)).

Once you go Mezger you never go back!

You and your car have definately been a motivation. Looking forward to having it wrapped for sure. 

Love it. Can't wait to see her in the metal and well done. Please take me for a lap around the block, then again, maybe not considering what happened after a ride in a black 964 RS.

Consider the seed planted my friend :D

This is so good! Super-stoked for you Hugh. 

+1 for a passenger ride!

Done!

Why on earth did you buy that when you could've had a nice 912? ;)

Onya fella, looks great

A very large part of me was hopeful that you would decide not to sell, it was definately a tough call. I'm still keen for that lunch though! 

Congrats Hugh, what a wonderful acquisition!

thanks mate, I'd consider swapping keys with you to have a sit in your lovely 928..........we all need a little water in the stables. :)

Congrats again and glad to see you can finally let the cat out of the bag.  Bit greedy though owning a C3, 964C2 and now GT3 CS........leave something for fellow PFAers.

Admire your attention to detail.  I'm collecting my car this weekend from RSR.  Alas a sale was not to be given the flood of GT2s on the market.  No stress, that simply means it's 996GT drive time!  It's been a while between spirited drives.  I better start polishing.....

I'm looking forward to a catch up, not that I'll still be able to keep up! 

Great story, stunning car..  

Hopefully we'll hear more about the clear wrap process..?  

Congrats :)

Cheers, man. I'll be sure to update the thread with the wrap details.

Awesome..great that you can find such a good looker..enjoy 

Thanks mate, will do!

Beautiful addition to the stable Hugh. Might need an extension on the garage ;)

+ 1 on the extension, might be a while though.................:(

I officially hate this bloke now!!!!

great stable of pcars...perfect blend of old and new!

I'll take that as a compliment! :lol: I think the old vs new is the key for me. I'm definitely interested in the variety between the cars, the diversity within a single range of model car is something very unique - working air con was a nice surprise! :D

Congrats Hugh, what a great car. Love the road trip home with your son and the get it sorted attitude right out of the gate attitude. 

Your garage set up with lift is a thing of envy. Enjoy mate, I look forward to seeing it in the flesh soon. 

Hopefully we get another chance to catch up soon. As you know, getting bits and pieces done on the car is all part of getting to know it - your 964 is a great example of this.

I too spoke to the PO of this car, my heart wasn't in it and timing as it went put me with my destiny. :) 

I am really glad you got the car Hugh, I know you've wanted one for some time now and this one sounded like a peach. 

Its a 2 owner car with approx 40k on the clock. The seller was a genuine good guy and thankfully really happy to see it going to a loving home! 

Beautiful...plus a road trip!! Great car Enjoy

Thanks man!

Just nothin wrong with this story is there?

Hey, should there be? :D

welcome to the gt3 club, hugh. i'm now wondering which 996gt3 is fast, a white one or a black one. enjoy.

Probably little in it but maybe black looks faster! :ph34r:B):lol:

Great car Hugh. Very happy for you.

Michael is doing some work for me and he sounded very happy with the result you acheived.

He mentioned he was off to see you, I told him your car was covered in cow poo and that he better wear gloves.............!

The new car looks awesome Hugh.

Your P-Car stable is very attractive and of great variety.  Well selected.

Thanks mate, likewise - cant wait to see your new addition. 

@hugh, best P-car plates. Ever.

MM

Thought you of all people would be into them! :)

Very nice Hugh. I think you're now officially beating me on how clean your paint work is ;)

Looks fantastic and I bet it goes better than it looks. Looking forward to seeing it next time. 

You would be very proud, after we last spoke about car cleaning I went and bought 2 x new mitts, heap of microfibre towels, another bucket (2x bucket system) and a PH neutral car wash - I'm totally sucked in! :lol:

Congratulations Hugh, she's a beauty. Enjoy....

Thanks mate, 

Awesome ! Finally !!! ?

I know............finally! If only I had a cover to fit a tail............:rolleyes::D

Hugh, my car is now tucked up safe and sound at home.  Time for a race up Oliver's Hill?  Ready when you are.....just need a 1 & 4 to join us.

Just say the word...............it would look good chasing your GT2, chasing a 997 GT3 could work well too though. :)

• 6 months later...

Love it!

Any info on the booster seat? Didn't think you could take the little ones with the airbag...

Being the only available seat its legal, if there were seats in the back then the child would need to be seated in the back. My eldest doesn't legally need to use a booster anymore but he prefers it, gives him a better view..............

• 2 years later...