For Sale - LS1 944

This is a very reluctant sale.

Price: $39,000 or best offer

The build thread and most recent pictures can be found here: http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/6455-the-bastard-944-ls1/?page=9

The car currently has 3000km on the freshly blueprinted and cammed LS1 motor (making 260kw at the wheels), 129,000km on the chassis and gearbox. All work on the car has been carried out by MR Tuning: http://www.mrtuning.com.au/

There are approximately $100,000 worth of receipts for the build.

I should also mention that there are some imperfections in the paintwork. They don't show up in photos, but I'll point them out during inspection.

944-02.jpg

944-04.jpg

944-05.jpg

bastard01.jpg

bastard02.jpg

bastard03.jpg

bastard04.jpg

bastard05.jpg

Chris, nooooooooooo........

Hope you had some fun in it mate. GLWS...

Be sad to see you get rid of her and still hope to catch up one day again.

So is there some new project to fill the void.......

(P.S. still want your spoiler..bahahaha......)

Hey @chris_f, sorry to hear about the reason for sale..... I've just come out the other end of a 12 month license loss so I can understand how you might be feeling.

It is shit.  But it will pass. 

I sold my car too.  

While it's hard to justify keeping a car you can't drive, and you might think something not so fast makes more sense when you do get it back, it will come round before you know it and this is not an everyday car you can easily replace.

Just sayin....keeping it may be a better option than it seems right now.

Hey @chris_f, sorry to hear about the reason for sale..... I've just come out the other end of a 12 month license loss so I can understand how you might be feeling.

It is shit.  But it will pass. 

I sold my car too.  

While it's hard to justify keeping a car you can't drive, and you might think something not so fast makes more sense when you do get it back, it will come round before you know it and this is not an everyday car you can easily replace.

Just sayin....keeping it may be a better option than it seems right now.

Thanks for the message Trev, it was a hard decision to come to. I've since had a couple of friends offer to keep the battery charged on the event that I keep it. But at this stage it's still for sale and will consider all reasonable offers..

cheers,

Chris

Thanks for the message Trev, it was a hard decision to come to. I've since had a couple of friends offer to keep the battery charged on the event that I keep it. But at this stage it's still for sale and will consider all reasonable offers..

cheers,

Chris

When I was around 28 i put my 87 944 on blocks for 13 months, for me it was the right call.  Enjoyed the car for 6 years after that

sorry then got married

Obviously a very hard decision too make and no doubt much soul searching has been done to get this point but having done a similar thing(not create a beast lol), I found the time passed a lot quicker than I thought it would. Anyway all of us saying don't do it probably isn't helping, but you have built an awesome car, so I guess we are all just hoping we can convince you to keep it because we know creating something like your car isn't easily done, and would be very hard to replicate a second time. GLWS

Obviously a very hard decision too make and no doubt much soul searching has been done to get this point but having done a similar thing(not create a beast lol), I found the time passed a lot quicker than I thought it would. Anyway all of us saying don't do it probably isn't helping, but you have built an awesome car, so I guess we are all just hoping we can convince you to keep it because we know creating something like your car isn't easily done, and would be very hard to replicate a second time. GLWS

Everytime I start it up to charge the battery and warm over the motor the temptation is there to keep it. The sound always gets me. Really I just want it to go to a good home where it will be driven regularly, maybe taken to the track on occasion. This thing needs to be driven and not idling in my garage. Thanks for the message!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...