What did you do to your Porsche today ???

cyberpunky

Okay, they’re in!

Bilstein PSS10s all fitted and set to RS height (it's low enough for laps of Chapel Street!). Picked it up this morning and so far have only driven it in awful traffic (in the heat which is fun) so I don’t have any kind of detailed first impressions. But it does feel amazingly solid and one thing I can comment on is the difference in feel under accelaration. Far less squat in the rear end.  

Damping is set at the stiffer end of things so we’ll see where the balance is between comfort and performance. Easy to tweak which is great. Will give it a little run around the local twisties tonight to get some more sense of the setup.

IMG_4006

The adhesive tape that holds the rear windscreen mounted brake light pretty much melted last Thursday in the heat so the brake light looked atrocious, virtually hanging by a thread. Re-applied 3M VHB tape to it this morning and it seems have stuck beautifully. Hoping it sets with the colder weather, leaving a perfect bond. 

• 2 weeks later...

Preventative maintenance on 968 with variocam chain and pads replaced. Also changed engine mounts which isn't nicest job I have ever done. Car running well and smoothly so happy all timing belts back in right place. Have earned a beer:Passusabeer: